Celebrity after Disney, will teens be bored?

disney4us

Hello! We're thinking of trying the Reflection next year. We've only cruised with Disney. Our kids will be 13 and 14 at the time of the cruise. They have enjoyed the tween/teen club on Disney but didn't use it much this year. They enjoyed hanging out on the deck, going to movies and reading on their balcony. I think they would be fine, but am just wondering. Thanks for your thoughts.

My kids are 17 and 15. They have cruised several times and were on a Celebrity cruise for the first time last year. They absolutely LOVED it!! They said it was their favorite by far. We are sailing next week......on Celebrity! It was their choice!! I'm sure your kids will enjoy it as well! Have fun!

The Celebrity Teen X Club. He was 12 last year and our first time on the Summit. We never saw him except at meals. The program is so diversified and small enough that all the kids had the best time together. Well this year he is 13 and we are taking his 13 year old cousin. The boys can't wait and you won't be sorry if you choose Celebrity

My kids are much younger than yours - 6 and 8. They've been on two Disney cruises and two DreamWorks cruises plus 1 Carnival and 1 HAL. Guess what there favourite is? HAL.

I think some kids love the "social" part of it and the more kids the better. What my kids like least about Disney and Royal, is how many kids on board and how crazy they all are : )

They prefer the smaller numbers on HAL ... I'm thinking they will fit right in with Celebrity too.

We just got off the Summit on Saturday. We had three teens (1=17 and 2-18). All had sailed multiple lines before, including Celebrity. There were few activities for them and they struggled to stay occupied at times. However, ages 13-14 will have focused programs through the XClub, so they may be fine. I think where you may find a greater shortfall is on the quality of service side of things. In our humble opinion, Celebrity no longer holds that edge over other brands, particularly Disney. We had sailed with Celebrity less than a year ago and there were many unfavorable changes notable. Perhaps our expectations were heightened based on previous experiences, but we were disappointed and frankly, we are not whiny people. Additionally, it looks like more cutbacks are on the way with a focus on reduced on board activity staff.

Our recommendation is to research your options carefully, and pay close attention to recent reviews and experiences across the lines you are interested in. Many of the things we experienced would not have shown-up in reviews from just a couple months ago.

It all depends on what time of year. Now, on Equinox, there are exactly 4 teens on board, and I heard two of them on the elevator saying they were totally bored. I suspect if there were more teens, they would not feel the same way. But it's tough with so few kids. It also depends on the child. If yours need TONS of things to keep them occupied, they won't find that on Celebrity, unlike lines like Royal Caribbean where there's a bigger ficus on teens and families.