Some Norwegian Pearl Questions

niceguyinwv

I am traveling on the Pearl's Panama cruise leaving Miami April 18th.

1. Are the self-service laundries still located on decks 8 and 9? If not where are they located?

2. When you board the ship in Miami are any of the main restaurants open for lunch? I know they always tell you to eat upstairs in the casual but it is generally too noisy and busy.

Thanks

Edited by niceguyinwv
Miss Spelling

I believe that there are no longer any self-serve laundry services on any of the NCL ships.

Not sure if the main restaurants are open for lunch on embarkation day, but I don't think so. At least, whenever we've boarded they've always directed us to the buffet area for lunch.

There are no self serve laundries on any NCL ship anymore

Usually the aft MDR is open for lunch on embarkation day the staff will try to direct you to the buffet but just tell them you want to eat in the MDR

Edited by russianmom

I am traveling on the Pearl's Panama cruise leaving Miami April 18th.

1. Are the self-service laundries still located on decks 8 and 9? If not where are they located?

2. When you board the ship in Miami are any of the main restaurants open for lunch? I know they always tell you to eat upstairs in the casual but it is generally too noisy and busy.

Thanks

Looking forward to seeing you on board! If you haven't found the Roll Call for our sailing, it is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1873765

There is going to be a group gathering at the Great Outdoors just after muster; plus a CC Meet and Greet on Saturday at 11 am in Le Bistro; plus other fun activities such as a Cabin Crawl and Slot Pull.

No longer self-service laundries and there will be other restaurants open to eat - just ask somebody to direct you to the one that is open.

Edited by Ex-Calgarian

As others said, there have not been any self-service laundries on NCL ships in at least 5 years.

On Jewel class ships the aft MDR is usually the one open for lunch, take a Freestyle Daily from the terminal during the check-in (if they don't offer you one, that varies) and check from the paper. Even when the crew guiding people onboard have the same info available, we have been straight out lied about the MDR (I can not believe that a crew member would be so clueless ;)).

I hope you enjoy your time on the beautiful Norwegian Pearl. If you are boarding the ship in Miami, you will embark on Deck 7, which is the Promenade Deck. Enter the atrium and head aft (toward the back). Descend one half-flight of stairs into the Summer Palace. A nice, quiet lunch will await you without any of the insanity of the embarkation lunch in the Garden Cafe buffet.

Have fun!

As others said, there have not been any self-service laundries on NCL ships in at least 5 years.

On Jewel class ships the aft MDR is usually the one open for lunch, take a Freestyle Daily from the terminal during the check-in (if they don't offer you one, that varies) and check from the paper. Even when the crew guiding people onboard have the same info available, we have been straight out lied about the MDR (I can not believe that a crew member would be so clueless ;)).

I have had several crew members who don't even understand what I mean when I say MDR. Really.

I have had several crew members who don't even understand what I mean when I say MDR. Really.

Well that is a TLA and not everybody might not have the dictionary to translate.

The crew works hard enough to attend to my needs while on board. I don't begrudge them not knowing something like that.

Your original questions were answered correctly and I heartily recommend seeking a quieter lunch. Just make sure you're up top for sailaway! Also, although I'm not a "spa person" I bought a spa package and thoroughly enjoyed using the sauna and heated loungers after some time in the hydrotherapy pool. And I didn't buy any services like massages, etc.; just took advantage of the relaxing spots and quiet. Not cheap but it was a nice place to get away since rarely were there more than half a dozen people there. (Great views, by the way, since it faces forward!) When you get on board, ask about a tour of the spa so you can see what it's like and judge for yourself. We did this trip in 2012 and wish we were going again! Have a fantastic time!

Well that is a TLA and not everybody might not have the dictionary to translate.

The crew works hard enough to attend to my needs while on board. I don't begrudge them not knowing something like that.

I know right? It's like a hardworking cop who doesn't know the meaning of Miranda or a dedicated nurse who is puzzled when you mention the word needle.......