Our Carnival Liberty Experience 3/29-4/5/14

Thanx for taking the time to post a great review! We are headed out on the same itinerary in 2 weeks. Have been to each island numerous times except HMC. I rented a cabana and hope we get there! Thank you again!

You are going to love HMC, what my DH calls a little slice of heaven. Make sure you go to excursions once you board to pick out your cabana (they will be on the left when you first board -deck 3).

Thanks for reading along!

DH thinks this ship got stuck after the last storm because it wasn’t there in 2012.

That is interesting, as it was there when we visited Grand Turk in November 2012. Must have happened sometime between your 2012 visit and ours.

Great review by the way, thanks for taking the time!

Kevin C

That is interesting, as it was there when we visited Grand Turk in November 2012. Must have happened sometime between your 2012 visit and ours.

Great review by the way, thanks for taking the time!

Kevin C

Sandy hit them in October of 2012, so I am thinking that is when it occurred. We were there April ' 12, you arrived in Nov '12- so it would fit.

Thanks for reading along!

http://www.jacksshack.com.tc, I actually list the link in a comment in the first few pages. Thanks for reading my review.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Sorry! I did see the link after I posted the question & went back to re-read your excellent review.

One more question....how was the Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas? Do you recommend them? Thanks for all the info!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Thanks for doing a review. You pack just like me :eek:

I think we got on the ship about the same time as you and we went straight to Shorex to pick out our cabana (#14) and then to Guest Services to change people in rooms and get extra room keys also. We also had Anytime Dining, so I'm surprised that we did not meet earlier in the week than at Jack's Shack in Grand Turk! My Granddaughter said she "wanted to stay at that beach forever!" She also loved Topher who would swim with her. You girls dancing on the beach was very entertaining

We were so bummed about HMC, mostly because that was our main reason for booking this cruise. We made the best of it, but the chair hogs were horrible on this cruise!! There was one girl in the Serenity area saving 4 loungers and a hammock for 4 people and a couple who saved 2 loungers and a hammock for themselves :mad: Just rude!!!

We got the Calamari, flatbread, and Caesar Salad for the table almost every night and really enjoyed them.

Congrats on your graduation and take care :)

I was really hoping to meet you guys and Buffalo's family. Was hoping at HMC but when that got cancelled....I was right down the hall but hadn't written down your cabin number. Turns out I was right above Buffalo. Never even saw (or heard...well, maybe one night...somebody was being loud :eek::D:rolleyes:).

Buffalo, thanks for the review...reliving the cruise. Hard to believe just a week ago we were still on the ship!

Sorry! I did see the link after I posted the question & went back to re-read your excellent review.

One more question....how was the Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas? Do you recommend them? Thanks for all the info!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

No problem, glad I could help. Godfrey tours was excellent. Godfrey himself gives lots of information on the stops, sadly we were not in his tour truck but the woman we had gave lots of history as well, all his trucks tour together. This tour is not a party bus atmosphere though, just want you to be aware, if you want loud music, this is not the tour. My family liked it and always felt safe.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

I am leaving on the Liberty on the 19th.......10 days to sailing! My first time on Carnival and your review is great!

It is just my boyfriend and I....both of our first vacations without kids. Between us we have 6! This is his first cruise......my 6th.

I am freaking out because I did a GTY Interior and paid in full in February and I still do not have a cabin assignment. I called to upgrade and they said I could not because I booked Pack and Go and no assignment yet.

My main concern is the quality of the food and the cabins......

at each port we have great excursions planned and I have been to 2 out of the 4 already.

Looking forward to more pics and commentary!

Go to the Alchemy Bar, deck 5 aft, by the piano bar and comedy club. Even if you don't drink, it's fun watching Brian, Anna, and the tall kid make drinks.

Btw, the crab soup, in the port of call section, did not have "chunks of crab" that we could tell. Kind of spicy, good, but not what I thought it would be. Get the Passion Flan if you like Creme Brûlée, very good IMO. Didn't care for the popcorn pot dessert...too sweet and popcorn on top was weird. Guess it was supposed to be like caramel corn, but didn't work for me. Loved the shrimp creole. Lobster tail is small so order two, not a problem. Enjoy your cruise! Staff is great. They had a Ladies pamper party which you got to sample product and then received a deal for the spa. You need to call to sign up.

Edited by 2 cruzen

I was really hoping to meet you guys and Buffalo's family. Was hoping at HMC but when that got cancelled....I was right down the hall but hadn't written down your cabin number. Turns out I was right above Buffalo. Never even saw (or heard...well, maybe one night...somebody was being loud :eek::D:rolleyes:).

Buffalo, thanks for the review...reliving the cruise. Hard to believe just a week ago we were still on the ship!

LOL 2cruzen, I wasn't even gonna go there but you didn't hear us, what you heard would have been the two ladies in the cabin next to us, woke both DH & me up twice during the week, they have a very healthy relationship!

Sorry we didn't get to meet up and I cannot believe last week I was having a Bailey's on my balcony and now I am having it on my living room sofa!

Kindle Fire using Taptalk app

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO (Wednesday April 2) 7am-3:30pm DS#4- 14th Birthday

OK, so today I had decided since we took the kids out of school for 6 days to do this trip it was going to be an educational day; we would ride the free trolley to go see the Forts, speak Spanish for the most part since everyone had either taken it or was still studying it and walk around-OK- let’s see if we can stick with that plan.

Seeing that today is DS#4’s 14th birthday and none

of us have ever been to PR we’re all a little excited to get off the ship and look around. I especially wanted to try a Guava Colada and some authentic Mofungo (mashed plantain with some sort of protein (chicken/beef). I’m not really a foodie- as long as it tastes good (very subjective), I’ll try it but I have limits- it cannot still be alive, be furry or look disgusting, JMO.

Breakfast: Lido Deck-Emile’s Buffet (I am seeing a trend here), fruit & an omelet from Elmer.

OK…. so all my plans went out the door once we docked. It was hot when we finally made it off the ship-no line, no waiting but hot & humid. Tour guides yelling as we walk out the terminal-they started at $25 in the outside area but still in the terminal, then it goes to $20 a little further down but once outside go to the left- we paid $10 per person, air conditioned bus for a tour of San Juan/Old San Juan. It was a fabulous tour and we got to see a lot we went with SJ Happy Tours (they wear blue shirts).

If you have any questions please ask and I’ll try to answer them.

View from balcony

DSCN1206.JPG

Start of Tour

DSCN1208.JPG

Beach stop

DSCN1211.JPG

DSCN1212.JPG

DSCN1214.JPG

Hey, we did that too! Worked out great, got off at Fort Moro and after touring there, the free trolley was about to pull in so we waited, jumped on, and rode it to a little craft market near the ship. Ended up not getting my Piña Colada or mofongo, but that's the day we had Guys burgers and root beer floats, yummy!

LOL 2cruzen, I wasn't even gonna go there but you didn't hear us, what you heard would have been the two ladies in the cabin next to us, woke both DH & me up twice during the week, they have a very healthy relationship!

Sorry we didn't get to meet up and I cannot believe last week I was having a Bailey's on my balcony and now I am having it on my living room sofa!

I meant to type, I never saw or heard the wedding party! We were on Deck 7. Yeah, never know how neighbors are going to be! Glad your boys enjoyed the cruise. I gained 6.6 pounds, I'm a TOPS member....and I went to the gym every morning for 30 mins on the elliptical. Omg, can't even imagine how much I would have gained. Too many Eggs Benedict's and Caribbean Colada's. :D. Oh well, most of the weight is off and I enjoyed every calorie consumed...except some of the desserts. I did get my Creme Brûlée though, thru special request that I had read about her on CC. Came on the last night, along with the bread pudding! :eek: hence the weight gain!:rolleyes:

At least we got a little nice weather this week, but SNOW is forecasted for this weekend. Boo.

Edited by 2 cruzen

I was on the Liberty the week before you and only got done posting the first sea day last Saturday/Sunday - been busy during the week. You are pre-empting my review - I am NOT HAPPY.

Just kidding. :D Enjoying your posts and photos.

PS: I am just slower ... but the tortoise always wins the race ;-)

Great review! I can see my husband and me on our balcony in your Glory Sail-away pic - how cool is that? I'm wondering if you could send me the photo so I can try to zoom in - we were in the aft corner 8448.

Sail-away is definitely fun out of Miami.

Great review! I can see my husband and me on our balcony in your Glory Sail-away pic - how cool is that? I'm wondering if you could send me the photo so I can try to zoom in - we were in the aft corner 8448.

Sail-away is definitely fun out of Miami.

I am sorry but I don't know what picture your speaking of, I don't remember taking any pictures of Glory.....

I was on the Liberty the week before you and only got done posting the first sea day last Saturday/Sunday - been busy during the week. You are pre-empting my review - I am NOT HAPPY.

Just kidding. :D Enjoying your posts and photos.

PS: I am just slower ... but the tortoise always wins the race ;-)

Thanks for reading along and remember it is not who finishes first or last, it is just the fact that you finished.

Great review and love your photo's.

Thank you for reading along!

I picked up so many great tips from your review! I too had my luggage zippers broken via MIA. It was a slightly expensive repair. The airline also did blame TSA, yet there was no note inside if luggage was searched.

Very good review!

Thank you, that is the best compliment I could get. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

Thank you for your review. You have a beautiful family - either that or all of you are deceptively photogenic. Since I'll be sailing Liberty with my teen sons in July I especially liked your insights into what interested your sons. I laughed at the part about Grand Turk. I too imagine my guys wanting to enjoy the vibe (translation: girls in swimsuits) at Margaritaville, but like you, I shouldn't be too surprised if they decide that's not for them. I have one picky eater. I'll have to make sure he knows there's no shame in ordering from the kids' menu. One big difference, mine will not get on the dance floor - well, one maybe. But they will use the basketball court. Any other hints for my boys? Did your guys like touring OSJ? Our plan is just to tour the forts, but should we do the whole thing? And where did your sons find the best snorkeling? Oooh, I think I'm starting to be a pest. Well, answer if/when you get a chance. Thanks