Noro On Princess in SF

Flatbush Flyer

Can't see the ship from our view across the bay. So, it must've already left for the next port. Don't know the circumstances- only heard it on the 5pm TV news headlines tonight. Please remember to wash your hands (particularly if you're about to visit SF).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

36 people are sick.....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I hate when this becomes news. This only tells me one thing. These are the 36 people who didnt wash their hands enough.

I have been saying the same thing since I saw the "NEWS"

They have the Flu......just like in schools, offices, etc

Noro always gets people so anxious. A cold is bad, but no one wants a stomach flu and all the unpleasant symptoms that come with it. I think that's why people get so upset. The mental image of the porcelain god....

The Crown Princess wound up with just under 4% of the passengers ill and 2.5% of the crew sick.

The overall mortality rate for Noro is .03%

In comparison influenza, and related deaths from pneumonia, range wildly from season to season but have averaged over the last few decades at around 2%

Forget the alcohol based gels. The virus is not susceptible to alcohol. Bleach works, but you don't want to wash with that.

Soap.

Hot Water.

Don't Touch Your Face.

That's really the best defense.

Sara

Edited by sarafinadh

36 people are sick.....:eek:I hate when this becomes news. This only tells me one thing. These are the 36 people who didnt wash their hands enough.

couldn't it be someone else who didn't wash their hands, then passed it on to the 36 people? :confused: it can spread so quickly. They say short of bleach, it's very difficult to kill norovirus. I like the idea of NOT using the public restroom, but using the one in your stateroom. I'm thinking of bringing something to clean mine before we use it (yeah..a bit paranoid now)