do they even look at the Personalizer?

Mona Lisa

I will try again with this next cruise. Some of you have had good luck. We have always stayed in a balcony cabin. I wonder if the ones in mini suites and full suites are the ones having the good luck. Us second class passengers ;) don't rate!!!

Thanks,

Lisa

We sailed to Alaska in July in a balcony cabin. The soft drinks I had noted in the Personalizer were there, and so were the robes I had requested. We were celebrating our anniversary three days into the cruise and on that day the balloons appeared outside our door. At dinner that night we got the little anniversary cake and the waiters sang happy anniversary.

We have had good luck with our Anniversary and my husband's birthday being recognized in the Personalizer and we were in a balcony cabin both times. Our beds too have always been done correctly. But, we have always had to ask again for the robes and fill out the card for the fruit and soft drinks. I agree why fill it out if no one is paying attention to all the answers.

Originally our thanksgiving cruise was just for my husband son and myself to celebrate my December birthday, then my FIL got cancer, we thought he would die and after a kidney removal and major chemo he is ok, so we are taking them too to celebrate his 70th bday. I assumed as we told the TA what days we wanted the celebrations it would be all set. I can get over not having my party but definately want to make sure pop has his done up, should I call princess direct?

Dear Stars - I am so happy your FIL is doing well. 13 years ago I gave my brother a kidney and today we each have one kidney (heh - that is all anyone needs :)) and we both are doing fantastic. Best wishes to him and to you all - your vacation and birthdays will be even more special because of all you have been through. gg

On the left side of the page you should see links like the ones below. Click on "Cruise Preferences" for the page for onboard preferences. You can request robes, types of beverages, fruit, etc. there.

Booking Summary >>

Passenger Immigration >>

Special Requests >>

Cruise Preferences >>

Additional Services >>

Your Itinerary >>

Reserve Shore Excursions >>

Finish & Log Out >>

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to customer relations Southampton about the missing link and was informed that only guests in the USA can access this option, asked why as we are all cruising the same ship and was told well they have different things/options to the UK and dont get some of the benefits that the UK gets:confused: , I told her that this seems discriminatory against the UK and what extra benefits did we get, GUESS what they could'nt tell me any.

I then emailed Pricess customer relations about the problem and my return email told me to phone Princess USA as they only deal with post cruise problems, looks like a cop out to me.

Princess does seem to be very "anti" British. They will not allow us Brits to pre-book another cruise whilst on board and also we are discouraged to book via a US travel company - just in case we get a bargain. Can't figure out why this is - I would have thought our money is just as good!!

Tom Cruizes, don't get too upset about the lack of a Cruise Preferences link on the UK Princess site.......in the US we do have the link, but it really doesn't seem to do anything. ;) In my two Princess cruises so far, filling out the preferences did not result in actually having a robe or fruit in the cabin. But telling the steward about our requests did result in the desired items being delivered within an hour or two.

On our next cruise in September we will have a mini-suite instead of a balcony cabin, so I'll see if the upgrade to the mini-suite gets better attention paid to the Cruise Preferences information.

Question...I just ordered some chocolate covered strawberries, Moet Champagne & the balcony breakfast for 2. Princess told me that I needed to let my room steward know and they would take care of it to make sure we get them. Is that correct? Especially for the balcony breakfast? I wasn't sure how to set up the time for the breakfast to be delivered...any tips would be greatly appreciated!

It seems hit or miss on the personalizer. For our last cruise, we got the robes and my hubby was asked in advance for the desired entree (I listed him for low-cholestrol). But I also listed my daughter's birthday and there were no balloons on door when we arrived. I did notice a nearby door did have balloons. A couple days in, I called the desk and told them we have a birthday girl in our cabin. Balloons were placed on the door and a cake delivered to the dining room table.

[quote name='atlcple2']Question...I just ordered some chocolate covered strawberries, Moet Champagne & the balcony breakfast for 2. Princess told me that I needed to let my room steward know and they would take care of it to make sure we get them. Is that correct? Especially for the balcony breakfast? I wasn't sure how to set up the time for the breakfast to be delivered...any tips would be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

I would suggest that you stop by the pursers desk for information about this. We purchased a package on our Alaska cruise which included the canapes, champagne breakfast and there were no instructions. When we attempted to order our canapes we were told that they needed a couple hours notice. We never did order our breakfast. I had also pre ordered a bottle of champagne and there was confusion there as well. I've learned to just order the wine or champagne when we needed it brought to the room.

I believe certain personalization (is that even a word?) options are not available prior to 120 day before sailing.
As far as not having requests performed, I believe that Princess does forward the information from the personalizer to your room steward. If your room steward is from another country (duh!!!) and may not be as tip hungry (especially since tips are automatically added) as some others then he may not read all of the requests (if he can read english). It definately is not by CLASS!!! as some posters have stated but the luck of the draw for room stewards.

If a special request is important to you then along with adding your info to the personalizer I would also, as others had suggested, tell your room steward as soon as you board.

As always...DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL THINGS...and have a great trip!!!

Happy Sailing,

Mark D.

Archived