do they even look at the Personalizer?

Mona Lisa

Last cruise I listed several things on my Cruise Personalizer (on Princess.com) of which our room steward was seemingly unaware. The idea is nice but why do it if you aren't going to pay attention to the details? For instance, I listed that we didn't want the bath robes. He brought them anyway. I requested to have oranges and bananas in our room. We had to ask to get them. I mentioned that it was in celebration of my husband's 40th B-Day; however, not even a little sign was displayed.

Not any of it was a big deal but hey Princess, if you aren't going to view it, don't ask us to do it.

Anyone have good luck with the Personalizer?

I've had good luck with the personalizer, too and don't look at it as a big deal if I do have to ask for something. Sometimes I just leave a note and request is handled right away.

I'm up for cruise 6 and 7 soon, so I'll have to see if my bed is set up as a queen, if I have a robe and some pieces of fruit. If not, I'll ask and I'm sure it will be done!

Susie

I have NOT had any requests met either. On our last cruise we were celebrating my husband's birthday. I entered it into the Cruise Personalizer and there were no balloons, nor was there a cake. I didn't tell my TA because it was a surprise to DH. Thought by entering it into the Cruise Personalizer the items would be taken care of. I know someone must have looked at it because there was a note inside our cabin from a port merchant wishing him a happy birthday and offering him a birthday discount if he made a purchase. At least some one remembered.

I update my Cruise Personalizer information as soon as I make my reservation (usually a year in advance). If we get our requests met, then great. If not, no big deal to us and doesn't spoil our cruise. It is a nice thought, Princess just needs to ensure implementation is followed.

All of the information that we put into the Personalizer were met. We went on the cruise for our anniversary. It was also my birthday. Ballons were put on our door for each occassion. A cake was given to me/us in the dining room for each of the occassions as well.

We boarded the Grand Princess on my birthday. My birthday balloons came a couple of days later. My DH made sure the maitre d' knew about my birthday so I would have a birthday cake the first night. I don't know if they would have gotten it right, but they did come to our table the first night and ask for the honeymoon couple--who didn't make it to dinner until the second night, wink, wink.

We have requested the beds made into one on the Cruise Personalizer and through our TA. They never get it right. It's easy enough to leave a note for our cabin steward the first afternoon if we don't see him right away.

We sailed on the Diamond June 25 and I put everything in the Personalizer - robes, fruit, beds, etc. and nothing was done. Of course our steward met our requests quickly. I agree with the OP, if Princess is not going to comply with the things they ask us to fill out, why even have us do the form ?? It is certainly not a big deal, but it does seem like more folks don't get their request met initially than do. gg

Originally our thanksgiving cruise was just for my husband son and myself to celebrate my December birthday, then my FIL got cancer, we thought he would die and after a kidney removal and major chemo he is ok, so we are taking them too to celebrate his 70th bday. I assumed as we told the TA what days we wanted the celebrations it would be all set. I can get over not having my party but definately want to make sure pop has his done up, should I call princess direct?

Originally our thanksgiving cruise was just for my husband son and myself to celebrate my December birthday, then my FIL got cancer, we thought he would die and after a kidney removal and major chemo he is ok, so we are taking them too to celebrate his 70th bday. I assumed as we told the TA what days we wanted the celebrations it would be all set. I can get over not having my party but definately want to make sure pop has his done up, should I call princess direct?

Calling Princess might not work either. I would confirm all is set as soon as you board. If it has not been taken care of, the staff is pretty good about making it happen.

Carol

I haven't had any requests met either. My last cruise was a back to back in the Caribbean. My birthday was during the first cruise and it was listed on the personalizer. Nothing happened, no balloons, nothing. On the second leg of the back to back, balloons were taped to the door one day. I have no idea why and didn't really care that the birthday was ignored.

What did irritate me was that on the personalizer it asks whether you want the beds in twin or double configuration. It was marked twin for the last two cruises and in both cases the room steward knew that but ignored it because he thought double would be better. In both cases I had to ask to have the beds separated. I also had to ask for the robe each time. I don't know why we're asked to fill out the personalizer because it's always been ignored.

Calling Princess might not work either. I would confirm all is set as soon as you board. If it has not been taken care of, the staff is pretty good about making it happen.

Carol

So who do I confirm this with on board? I know it sounds petty but the balloons would be a big deal for him (sometimes is is worse than out son)

Is the fruit and robe requests just for suites??? I tried accessing the info,but all I saw was for special occasions and dietary needs..:confused:

Robes and fruit are for ALL passengers. When you get to your cabin look for a card (much like a large do not disturb sign) that lists your fruit options. Fill it out and give it to your room steward, or leave it on your door. Requests will be filled and a new card will be left in case you want to order more fruit. As far as robes are concerned, ask your room steward for them, or leave him/her a note. Depending on availability and how busy they are the first day, you should have your robes the first night or the next day. Never had a problem getting requests filled.

Robes and fruit are for ALL passengers. When you get to your cabin look for a card (much like a large do not disturb sign) that lists your fruit options. Fill it out and give it to your room steward, or leave it on your door. Requests will be filled and a new card will be left in case you want to order more fruit. As far as robes are concerned, ask your room steward for them, or leave him/her a note. Depending on availability and how busy they are the first day, you should have your robes the first night or the next day. Never had a problem getting requests filled.

Thanks for clarifying that for me!!:)

We were talking about this just today. Princess is missing a great opportunity to set themselves apart, if they would only do something with the information in the Personalizer. Like most of you, the only thig we ever get is the bed. On the last cruise in June, they did recognize my birthday with baloons, but the steward didn't even know whose birthday it was. He wished my boyfriend happy birthday twice instead of me! One thing that was done on this last cruise, there was an order form left in the room each night for what type of fruit we would like delivered the next day. I have never had the robes arrive to our rooms.

I don't know about all of you, but for me, it's the little things that make a cruise special.

Last cruise I listed several things on my Cruise Personalizer (on Princess.com) of which our room steward was seemingly unaware. The idea is nice but why do it if you aren't going to pay attention to the details? For instance, I listed that we didn't want the bath robes. He brought them anyway. I requested to have oranges and bananas in our room. We had to ask to get them. I mentioned that it was in celebration of my husband's 40th B-Day; however, not even a little sign was displayed.

Not any of it was a big deal but hey Princess, if you aren't going to view it, don't ask us to do it.

Anyone have good luck with the Personalizer?[/quote

We have had success with the cruise personalizer - especially the balloons on the cabin door for special occasions. Last cruise, we were on the Baha deck and the balloons identified how far we had to walk from the cabin to the other areas of the ship.

Dotty

I will try again with this next cruise. Some of you have had good luck. We have always stayed in a balcony cabin. I wonder if the ones in mini suites and full suites are the ones having the good luck. Us second class passengers ;) don't rate!!!

Thanks,

Lisa

Archived