Tours on Baltic cruise

Holidayfuntime

Anyone know local tour people for Tallinn

Hi your best bet is to post this on the Northern Europe board. Many seasoned cruisers and local expert post there.

Enjoy your cruise

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

After doing a small amount of research, we decided to wonder around Olde Town Tallin on our own. It is very easy to do. People do speak English. We even found a few places we hadn't planned on seeing and throughly enjoyed the side trips. Doing this on our own allowed us to find a local restaurant for lunch and enjoy a wonderful meal of traditional Estonian food and shop at some great places that were not filled with tourist trinkets.

Another thing about Tallin. There are virtually no motor vehicles in the center of the Old Town. You have to be on foot to really see it. We loved the many street performers we saw.

When we looked a bit puzzled there was always someone who could help us figure out where we were.

Also, we never felt threatened with our basic awareness of where we were and who was around us.

Many of the other excursions are expensive - you may want to just enjoy walking around the old town, that is what we did. Or perhaps an organized walking tour. We saw this as an opportunity to just enjoy the city without a lot of hassle for excursions.

As others have said, I found a walking tour with descriptions and directions on the Baltic Ports of Call boards and just drug my friends with me through the Old Towne section of the city. We meandered and found things on our own in addition to what was listed in the guide. Restaurants are plentiful and reasonable and the whole walk was very doable.

Anyone know local tour people for Tallinn

I agree with everybody else.

Don't take a tour.

WAlk around in the old middle of town.

And, I'm going to tell you a secret.

Take a break, for lunch or early dinner at http://www.oldehansa.org/?id=11031 and try their very special ol-time food.......

My favourite is Honourable cook Frederic’s game sausages made from Bear, Wild Boar and Elk.......

I agree with everybody else.

Don't take a tour.

WAlk around in the old middle of town.

And, I'm going to tell you a secret.

Take a break, for lunch or early dinner at http://www.oldehansa.org/?id=11031 and try their very special ol-time food.......

My favourite is Honourable cook Frederic’s game sausages made from Bear, Wild Boar and Elk.......

Absolutely! Very memorable meal! Their Cinnamon Beer is pretty remarkable too! I don't have flash player on my phone, but will need to look at the menu later and stroll down memory lane...

Robin