Changing room after final payment

clueless2

Hi pussywillow

Princess offer was to pay extra to move from an inside to a balcony this was there offer l was not looking for an upgrade.

My issue was l could get a mini suite on a new booking for less money

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

We're platinum and I guess we were hoping that meant something but I guess rules are rules. If someone knows why when you want to upgrade why you have to cancel and rebook, I'd love an explanation.
Being Platinum or Elite means nothing other than the published onboard perks.

Whether you have to cancel and re-book depends on the new promotion or pricing which after final payment, is usually for new bookings only. So while it's not always the case, it's frequently true because of "Flash" promotions which are for new bookings only.

We did it also on our last cruise. Paid to upgrade to a balcony, kept our 3 for free and got an additional $50 OBC since we used 2 FCC to book with too! Was a great value for us! We paid no cancellation fees either.

Edited by GweninTX

You CAN walk to the desk and ask if yoy can be upgraded......happens all the time......every ship is no full.if you feel insulted.....you get your answers correct.......Even Princess will tell you you can get an FREE UPGRADE all the way to sailing time.....then its up to the pursuers desk.......are you an Elite member???

It does not happen all the time. Being Elite has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Hi pussywillow

Princess offer was to pay extra to move from an inside to a balcony this was there offer l was not looking for an upgrade.

My issue was l could get a mini suite on a new booking for less money

Yours Shogun

Was that UK, US or EU booking?

IME with various cruise lines the way the different offices deal with changes is very different.

Some of the UK offices like to add change/admin fees and often less flexible on change pricing, although some agents/PCC will negotiate.

If you want to pay the upcharge.... you can change cabins up to and including when you get on the ship.......ill say it......if you don't know the correct answer say so or at least say you're not sure. ......ITS OK.......giving outrageous answers not only scares people. ...it hurts many who don't get the best possible answers.......

BLAST ME IF YOU WANT.......its how I feel........you have a god given right to spend your money.....and be sure Princess will take it :) Sometimes its good to see if you can get a FREE upgrade.

We have been the recipients of an upgrade at check-in without even knowing it! And it was a good upgrade! No extra fee. Princess was shuffling a few of us around to accommodate folks wanting to buy our category at a higher rate than we paid. A family we were traveling with had an inside and a balcony across the hall from one another. They had received a call the day before to see if they wanted to move to the large suite to share as Princess had buyers for their cabins...uh, you bet! No extra fee. And yet another friend (same cruise) was traveling solo and had a similar offer to go from her balcony to an OV Obstructed only they were refunding her entire fare! Yes...good things happen now and then. It is always possible to get an upgrade once on the ship early if you go immediately to Guest Services and space is available. Upgrades may only be a better location for the same cabin but hey, if it's better! We've lived to tell the tale.

We have been the recipients of an upgrade at check-in without even knowing it! And it was a good upgrade! No extra fee. Princess was shuffling a few of us around to accommodate folks wanting to buy our category at a higher rate than we paid. A family we were traveling with had an inside and a balcony across the hall from one another. They had received a call the day before to see if they wanted to move to the large suite to share as Princess had buyers for their cabins...uh, you bet! No extra fee. And yet another friend (same cruise) was traveling solo and had a similar offer to go from her balcony to an OV Obstructed only they were refunding her entire fare!

These upgrades/changes are made prior to sailing perhaps as you stated the day before. List has to be finalized before embarkation day.

Sounds like your friends recieved a moveover offer.

These upgrades/changes are made prior to sailing perhaps as you stated the day before. List has to be finalized before embarkation day.

Sounds like your friends recieved a moveover offer.

Totally agree...wanted to make certain folks knew the upgrade fairy does exist. I'm sure they must have some internal accounting for the cabin change we received the day of sailing. We had not received any prior notification from Princess and was not using a TA at the time.

It is always possible to get an upgrade once on the ship early if you go immediately to Guest Services and space is available. Upgrades may only be a better location for the same cabin but hey, if it's better! We've lived to tell the tale.

If you go to Guest Service to get a true upgrade, you will pay for it.

The other posts here have been by people who learned about a free upgrade that Princess made, but did not learn about it until checking in.

If you go to Guest Service to get a true upgrade, you will pay for it.

The other posts here have been by people who learned about a free upgrade that Princess made, but did not learn about it until checking in.

Yes - appreciate the clarification. Most times there is a sign which reads the ship is at full capacity - don't ask! :)