Harwich-how soon can I get off the ship?

Rossbow

Travelling on the Brilliance and was wondering how long it takes the ship to clear customs. ( Russia, Scandinavia ):) If I get a private transfer can I get on a flight at 10 am or 11 am from Heathrow. I come in on a Saturday.

I called Royal to see if they have any history as to how long it usually takes once the ship is in port, they did not have any history or at least would not share.

Thanks you in advance.

What time is your ship scheduled to dock?

It could take up to 2 hours for the ship to be cleared so that passengers can disembark. Count an hour or so if you carry your own bags off the ship and thru customs. Then how long is it to Heathrow from Harwich ? The private car people can tell that the best.

What time is your ship scheduled to dock?

It could take up to 2 hours for the ship to be cleared so that passengers can disembark. Count an hour or so if you carry your own bags off the ship and thru customs. Then how long is it to Heathrow from Harwich ? The private car people can tell that the best.

If it takes a hour to carry your own cases off and get through customs, then something as gone seriously wrong. I'd say 20mins max.

Travelling on the Brilliance and was wondering how long it takes the ship to clear customs. ( Russia, Scandinavia ):) If I get a private transfer can I get on a flight at 10 am or 11 am from Heathrow. I come in on a Saturday.

I called Royal to see if they have any history as to how long it usually takes once the ship is in port, they did not have any history or at least would not share.

Thanks you in advance.

Clearing customs is the least of your worries. It's a minimum of 2 hours from Harwich to LHR.

There's no way I would try for either of those flights.

Clearing customs is the least of your worries. It's a minimum of 2 hours from Harwich to LHR.

There's no way I would try for either of those flights.

Agree. Say you took the 11am flight. Back count 2.5 hours at the airport before the flight so thats 8.30, add a two hour transfer, so thats 6.30 you would need to be outside the terminal. IMO you should be looking at a flight 1pm onwards at the very earliest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You are unlikely to be ale to disembark much before 7am - that'd be unassisted (keep your bags in your cabin overnight & haul them off the ship), the first slot for assisted is likely to be about 7.30.

Especially with an early disembarkation you're likely to be on the quayside in well under 30 minutes, as Newport Dave's post.

The drive to Heathrow is around two hours, the route is notorious for gridlock though being a Saturday you're less likely to have delays.

(if using public transport you have to go via central London- a total of mebbe three hours)

Recommended arrival time at the airport is 3 hours ahead of your flight, but if you check in an hour ahead you'll be OK.

So theoretically, with a private transfer, your earliest flight would be about 11am. But that leaves no margin for delays.

Noon should be the earliest flight to consider, but a flight after 1pm would be much less stressful.

Although RCI may be unable or unwilling to advise on disembarkation time, they do of course have to quote an earliest advised flight time for their own coach transfers.

Can I suggest to e-mail them saying you're considering their ship's transfer, and asking the earliest Heathrow flight time that they accept.

Because you can be away a little earlier & travel a little faster than ship's coach, a flight time about 45 minutes earlier would be OK.

Gatwick airport is about the same time/distance from Harwich, so do consider flights from there too.

JB :)

If I get a private transfer can I get on a flight at 10 am or 11 am from Heathrow.
Yes, you can - provided that the flight is at 10 am or 11 am the next day (or later).

Remember that Harwich is not London. It's a bit like disembarking a ship in New York City and wondering whether you can get a 10 am or 11 am flight from Philadelphia.