Just off the Summit April 5 Sailing

Want2Cruise 701

We just got back home Saturday. This won't be a review but just some thoughts and observations. I'm taking a break from my Passover cooking.

This was our third time on the Summit. We like Celebrity, the smaller ship and mostly the southern itinerary.

The food was good. I did notice that it was a little better on our past Summit sailings but still the better food we've had at sea. I think all lines are cutting back in this area.

The ship is in great shape I thought for her age. They're really keeping it up well. The only complaint would be the bathroom. A few tiles were cracked, some rust and the tile grout was dirty. A little rust on the balcony. This all really didn't detract from our cruise experience at all.

The service was fine. Didn't have any complaints at all.

Our cabin was in great shape. Except for the bath noted above. We had a Family Verandah. We switched from an aft C1 when they opened up the FV's. Loved the extra cabin size especially since we were with our 10 yr old. The balcony was huge and lovely. Table with six chairs and two reclining chairs and footstools. The only thing was I couldn't see the wake from the steel bathtub jutting out but the open railing on the side made up for it.

The only thing that really stood out to us about this sailing is that the passengers weren't your traditional X passenger. I noticed alot of newbies that tried X because of the Beverage Package. There were also a lot of smokers. I can't complain because they have a right in the smoking areas. It seemed that these areas were always smoky. Never noticed that in the past at all. On past sailings, I forgot where the smoking areas were because there were hardly any smokers.

The entertainment was a little lacking this time around. Nothing really impressed me. We're not major night life people so I don't make this the priority of a cruise.

Beverage package we did not get so I can't comment. We booked over a year in advance so we didn't pay enough. The price never came low enough after we booked where we could justify paying extra for the package. Our total bill was $260 and that included a dinner in Qsine and smoothies for our son so you can see we are not big drinkers.

Qsine was great. Some dishes were a hit and some were a miss but it's that experience that will make us do it again on our next cruise.

Fun Factory. My son loved Ensigns. All his fun factory experiences have been very positive. Surprisingly, he did not like the kids club on our Royal Caribbean sailing.

Overall it was a great cruise. We booked another Summit cruise because they changed the itineraries FINALLY and added Martinique and Tortola to some sailings. Yay.

If I forgot anything or if anyone wants to know about excursions, just ask. I'll try to answer.

J

Happy to hear you had a good cruise. I will be boarding her on Saturday and wonder if you could tell me who the Capt., Hotel Director, and CC hostess were on this sailing. Thanks so much.

To be honest, I couldn't tell you. All I remember was that the Activities Director was just ok. The MDR Maitre d /Host and Hostess when you enter were the same from our last sailing (New Years 2011-2012) but I can't recall their names. They were very nice and extremely accommoding. I'm sorry if this is all I recall.

Happy to hear you had a good cruise. I will be boarding her on Saturday and wonder if you could tell me who the Capt., Hotel Director, and CC hostess were on this sailing. Thanks so much.

I was on the same sailing.

The captain is Captain Leonardos (don't remember his last name). So personable. He had a great talk one day about the navigation systems and Azipods.

Never met the Hotel Director.

The CC Hostess was amazing - so helpful. We got great communication on the special events. Unfortunately, I don't recall her name.

To be honest, I couldn't tell you. All I remember was that the Activities Director was just ok. The MDR Maitre d /Host and Hostess when you enter were the same from our last sailing (New Years 2011-2012) but I can't recall their names. They were very nice and extremely accommoding. I'm sorry if this is all I recall.

That's ok, thanks for posting.

The captain is Captain Leonardos (don't remember his last name). So personable. He had a great talk one day about the navigation systems and Azipods.

The CC Hostess was amazing - so helpful. We got great communication on the special events. Unfortunately, I don't recall her name.

Thanks for letting me know about the Capt. I will find out about the others soon. :)

Thanks for letting me know about the Capt. I will find out about the others soon. :)

I found them the friendliest crew on all of my 19 cruises. Always a smile and greeting from steward to officers. Many times we saw officers helping out in the buffet and one night in the Martini Bar for a special martini night setup.

We just got back home Saturday. This won't be a review but just some thoughts and observations. I'm taking a break from my Passover cooking.

This was our third time on the Summit. We like Celebrity, the smaller ship and mostly the southern itinerary.

The food was good. I did notice that it was a little better on our past Summit sailings but still the better food we've had at sea. I think all lines are cutting back in this area.

The ship is in great shape I thought for her age. They're really keeping it up well. The only complaint would be the bathroom. A few tiles were cracked, some rust and the tile grout was dirty. A little rust on the balcony. This all really didn't detract from our cruise experience at all.

The service was fine. Didn't have any complaints at all.

Our cabin was in great shape. Except for the bath noted above. We had a Family Verandah. We switched from an aft C1 when they opened up the FV's. Loved the extra cabin size especially since we were with our 10 yr old. The balcony was huge and lovely. Table with six chairs and two reclining chairs and footstools. The only thing was I couldn't see the wake from the steel bathtub jutting out but the open railing on the side made up for it.

The only thing that really stood out to us about this sailing is that the passengers weren't your traditional X passenger. I noticed alot of newbies that tried X because of the Beverage Package. There were also a lot of smokers. I can't complain because they have a right in the smoking areas. It seemed that these areas were always smoky. Never noticed that in the past at all. On past sailings, I forgot where the smoking areas were because there were hardly any smokers.

The entertainment was a little lacking this time around. Nothing really impressed me. We're not major night life people so I don't make this the priority of a cruise.

Beverage package we did not get so I can't comment. We booked over a year in advance so we didn't pay enough. The price never came low enough after we booked where we could justify paying extra for the package. Our total bill was $260 and that included a dinner in Qsine and smoothies for our son so you can see we are not big drinkers.

Qsine was great. Some dishes were a hit and some were a miss but it's that experience that will make us do it again on our next cruise.

Fun Factory. My son loved Ensigns. All his fun factory experiences have been very positive. Surprisingly, he did not like the kids club on our Royal Caribbean sailing.

Overall it was a great cruise. We booked another Summit cruise because they changed the itineraries FINALLY and added Martinique and Tortola to some sailings. Yay.

If I forgot anything or if anyone wants to know about excursions, just ask. I'll try to answer.

J

We are booked in a corner family veranda. I'm so excited about the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm sure the Captains Club rep is still Ashley one of the best we've met yet!

As well Leonardo's Palaiokrassas, is captain and the Cruise director is still Kyle Dodson.

Picture is left to right the captain and Klye

rjnthe.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

We sailed Summit 2/13 and 2/14. There is some kind of rating/contest going on because they told us the Summit was the number one ship in the fleet and they were determined to keep it that way. At our Meet and Mingle the cruise director pleaded with us to bring any issues to their attention and it would be handled vs posting our dislike on CC. The captain is very personable. He was a judge at the Dancing with the Stripes contest and he was hilarious. I also noticed the officers were very visible, saying hello, how are things, etc. Our Sommelier in Blu got the Chardonnay I like from the Rendezvous lounge vs the one they had in Blu since I had the Classic Bev Pkg. Our waiter in Blu stopped and chatted with us the last morning when we ate breakfast in Oceanview. We had such a good time that we have booked the Oct repo cruise in addition to the 2/15 cruise. Needless to say, we really like the Summit!

My husband and I also were on the April 5th sailing. This was our first Celebrity cruise("newbees) and our second cruise overall -my husband is a smoker(much to my chagrin as I am a non smoker and an oncology nurse for over 30 years) , and we had the premium drink package.

I was happy to be able to go to Deck 11 with him so he could "enjoy" his smoke and I could be with him enjoying the view and sunshine.

I was also happy to be able to go to the spa area and enjoy smoke free time.

Despite all the people having drink packages, I never really saw anyone get rowdy or out of the way. Everyone was enjoying themselves and how could you not!!! We had a total of about 4hours of rain the entire cruise.

The service was terrific and the food was Fabulous( we stayed Aqua class and enjoyed the Blu nightly).

The only disheartening thing for us was go up to the deck and hear the perhaps more "experienced" cruisers complain about this and that.

If you could not find a quiet place, a smoke free place, a fun thing to do, something good to eat or drink or a beautiful site to see on this cruise then I really feel there is a need for a reality check.

On a day to day basis I see sadness because of my occupation and it makes me realize even more that "Life is Beautiful"-as the captain would say on a daily basis as we drifted from port .

One last note--on the cruise I met a young teacher ( in her 30's perhaps) . She was on her yearly vacation. She was enjoying her vacation more than ever and every time I saw her, she was smiling or dancing. And the funny thing was - she didn't even have the drink package!!!;)