FCC and flash sale

PrincessMelody

Can our future cruise deposits be used if we book during a last minute sale or "flash sale"?
Yes, but it'll be non-refundable plus I'm not sure you'll get the OBC. You're really just paying in full and the FCC is not a deposit but paying down your cruise fare. Last year, I booked a Flash sale and it was paid in full with no OBC other than my TAs and stockholder.

Yes, but it'll be non-refundable plus I'm not sure you'll get the OBC. You're really just paying in full and the FCC is not a deposit but paying down your cruise fare. Last year, I booked a Flash sale and it was paid in full with no OBC other than my TAs and stockholder.

We have used FCCs during a flash sale and have received the OBC.

Basically, the answer is yes. We want to use our FCC and have OBC for our cruise next week but there was a little hitch. Our TA came back and said that our FCC was in US dollars and we paid Canadian dollars and time was to short for Princess to convert. Anyway a quick phone call to Princess solved that problem. They gave us OBC as customer goodwill and credit the FCC back to our credit.

I have always had good service from Princess and that is why I cruise with them most of the time.

Yes. You will get the OBC.

If you have to cancel and have insurance, you will get the $100 deposit back. I received it in cash. Others have had the option to return it to a FCC.

Almost all of my cruises are booked on Flash fares. Such good deals.

Ditto what Coral wrote.

I actually booked a flash sale directly through Princess this past February and my FCC was applied without my approval. It was for a short 5 day caribbean and the fare was so low, I didn't want to use my FCC for it as I was planning a far more expensive cruise to Alaska in 2015. (I know it would have made more sense if I had bought another FCC while on board, but I didn't want to at the time)

I noticed what had occurred as soon as I logged into "My Princess" and also saw that a $25 pp OBC had also been applied to the booking. I called right away and the FCC was refunded immediately and the $25 pp OBC was removed.

Princess was extremely accommodating - as they have been on all my dealings with them. It's clearly working - I keep booking with them!