Pre Cruise Hotel on a beach near Jacksonville recommendations?

kentuckyluckyguy

I've searched the threads without much luck. We are cruising on the Fascination out of Jacksonville in October and I am looking for a decent place to stay on a beach within an hour of the port. Not particular about which beach but we'd like to get in on Friday and spend three nights before our cruise. Anyone with any recommendations that are clean and affordable and right on the beach? Thanks in advance.

You need to search for Mayport or Jacksonville Beach - the actual city of Jacksonville is quite a ways inland from the beach.

Yep, I knew that but was just thinking that surely people who have cruised from there before or live in the area might have some recommendations. We are driving down from Kentucky so it's a non-issue if the beach is not close. I've looked at Amelia Island and Neptune but just wanted to see if anyone had specific lodging recommendations.

I've searched the threads without much luck. We are cruising on the Fascination out of Jacksonville in October and I am looking for a decent place to stay on a beach within an hour of the port. Not particular about which beach but we'd like to get in on Friday and spend three nights before our cruise. Anyone with any recommendations that are clean and affordable and right on the beach? Thanks in advance.

I am assuming you will be coming from Kentucky so I'll tell you where we stay....Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach. This is on I-95 less than 30 min North of the port and is a neat area.

Google it and see what you think.......we love it!!!!!!L

Edited by GTO-Girl

GTO Girl....I've looked at Amelia Island and agree but was just curious as to specific recommendations for a hotel there. I know there are a couple of super high pricy places there. Has anyone ever stayed at the Hampton Inn there on the beach?

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Fernandina and loved it, but I have not stayed at the one at the beach.

Try going to www.tripadvisor.com and read the reviews for that particular Hampton and also other hotels on Amelia Island that are not in the pricey range.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

One Ocean in Jax Beach (well, technically Atlantic Beach) is very nice. There are also some restaurants and shops right there within a 2-3 block radius.

How far is that from the Jax Port?

I am always looking for beach hotels too.......:D