Port Canaveral Early Arrival Day of Sailing

secretv2

Port Canaveral-- Early Arrival Day of Sailing. Flying in on the red eye. Arriving the day of saling at 1:00am. Any suggestions to avoid staying at a Hotel for a few hours? Is there a waiting area to stay, at the Embark terminal? Help!:confused:

Port Canaveral-- Early Arrival Day of Sailing. Flying in on the red eye. Arriving the day of saling at 1:00am. Any suggestions to avoid staying at a Hotel for a few hours? Is there a waiting area to stay, at the Embark terminal? Help!:confused:

Oh my!!! That's an awful long time to "hang out".

They won't start accepting anyone into the port area until 10:00am or so because of all the debarking passengers, so going to the terminal at that hour is NOT an option.

If it were me I would find a hotel near the airport and crash for a few hours, get showered and then head to the port (which is about 45-60 min away). Just FYI.....if you do decide to do this definately get a pre-arranged shuttle because a taxi will cost you $$$$. Contact either Travelynx, Executive VIP limo or Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

Happy Sailing!!

GTO-GIRL

Thank you so much! We totally forgot about the debarking cruise. Any suggestions on a Hotel near the embark? :rolleyes:

We always stay at the Country Inn & Suites or the Radisson in Cape Canaveral because we go in the day before.

I'm sure there are some local people here on the boards that will help you with something located around the airport in Orlando. Getting in that early in the morning I'm sure you wouldn't want to drive all the way to Canaveral....that would really cut down on your "snoozing" time......LOL

You might also try posting this on the Florida Departure section here......lots of help there.....

Edited by GTO-Girl

I always check PRICELINE for the date and compare prices in the area I want. They will list the prices and you don't have to book thru them if you don't want but gives prices, pictures and reviews of each hotel so you can choose what you like. They may not list ALL the hotels available but quite a variety.

Type in ORLANDO INTERNANTIONALAIRORT (mco)

Since you are arriving into Orlando, there is a hotel right in the airport terminal, I think it is the Hyatt. Then the next morning you need to get over to Port Canaveral which is a.bout a 45 minute drive or so...you can rent a car one way or get transport. I would definitely not go over to the terminal until boarding time.

My preference would be to drive to Cape Canaveral the night you land. Rent a car and you should be at your hotel by 2:30am. I would stay at the Country Inn & Suites or Residence Inn. Request a room with a view of the port. When you wake up open the drapes and you'll see your ship. You could easily get seven hours of sleep.

no way I'd want to get off a red eye, get a car and drive an hour at 1AM

go for the room at the Hy't at the airport would be my choice ... but not cheap .... here's a cost saver idea:

If you take the escalator up to the Hyatt desk area at the airport hotel you'll find a LARGE lounge/waiting area .... many sofas .. large arm chairs ... expanses of carpet .... electric outlets and WiFi. I've crashed up there for several hours when I had an extended layover. No charge ... no one bothers you (find a back corner). There are restrooms not too far away ... and all the fast food, not too far away (but not open at 2AM).

Depending on how you plan to get to the port you could get a car around 7, drive to the port, have breakfast at GRILLS then dump the car and head to check-in; or, breakfast in the airport (there is Chik Filet ... yum) and grab the cruise transportation . . .

The Hyatt in the Airport is great and they do offer part-day rooms. Call them direct...you don't even have to leave to get there...claim your bags, go upstairs, check in, snooze and you're good to go.

Now you're arriving late, so they may just book you for the night before (so, you're flying out the 1st for instance, technically you ARRIVE on the 2nd, but the room would be yours from the night of the 1st through noon on the 2nd...make sense??)

Call them direct, they're helpful....and their restaurants are really good,..

Sometimes you CAN get a decent rate if you have a discount with say AARP, or the Auto Club or something....I generally do NOT pay more than 125 per night, generally in the 89-99-ish range..

no way I'd want to get off a red eye, get a car and drive an hour at 1AM

go for the room at the Hy't at the airport would be my choice ... but not cheap .... here's a cost saver idea:

If you take the escalator up to the Hyatt desk area at the airport hotel you'll find a LARGE lounge/waiting area .... many sofas .. large arm chairs ... expanses of carpet .... electric outlets and WiFi. I've crashed up there for several hours when I had an extended layover. No charge ... no one bothers you (find a back corner). There are restrooms not too far away ... and all the fast food, not too far away (but not open at 2AM).

Depending on how you plan to get to the port you could get a car around 7, drive to the port, have breakfast at GRILLS then dump the car and head to check-in; or, breakfast in the airport (there is Chik Filet ... yum) and grab the cruise transportation . . .

Everybody is different but I would be wired from the flight and 45 minutes to an hour drive with no traffic would be easy for me. I like to wake up at the port. I know I would not be able to sleep in the lounge of a hotel no matter how nice or quiet it might be.

Go for the Hyatt in the airport especially getting in at 1am. It's the quickest hotel to get to for some good sleep. I have stayed there many times getting in late in the night before my cruise and using Cocoa Beach Shuttle to get to the ship. Make a reservation with the shuttle to pick you up at the hotel in the morning and away you go.

I would venture to guess if you arrive on time at 1am you will have to claim bags, get rental car/hope for a shuttle that runs that late at night, make a 45-50 minute drive, and check into hotel in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral. In this scenario you would probably be arriving between 2:30am-3:00am at the hotel. That's not much time to rest and you won't want to oversleep and get to the port late or miss the cruise.