Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

WOO HOO!!!! I've been waiting for this!!! I'm so excited to relive this experience with you. I've always wanted to do a repo and one day I will!!! I do have a few questions I hope you answer and no need speed up answers if you planned to get to them anyway.

- I don't recall if this is your first cruise since becoming a TA or not but do you notice any difference of how your treated? I have heard you get treated very well :)

- I know Dream is MUCH bigger than Sunshine but I was wondering if you missed things that where on her vs Dream. I'm super nervous booking a non 2.0 now as I loved almost all the upgrades.

- We have sailed many of the same ship and I have 95% agreed with your feeling on them. I do love some of the smaller ships but want to try a larger but is bigger to BIG?

Sure I will have more but I have been waiting pins and needles to hear about these!!

Thank-You. That's how we were too. We had always wanted to try a repositioning cruise and surprisingly the prices were quite reasonable. We got the 9-day repo cruise cheaper than a 7-day by almost $300.00. Its hard to turn down a deal like that.

** Yes this was my first cruise after becoming a TA. I didn't receive any special treatment. I wish I would have ;)

** Yes the Dream is ALOT bigger than the Sunshine and you can feel it too. Yes there were things on the Dream that we missed because it doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades. Guys Burgers (I thought my dad was gonna cancel the cruise when he found out the Dream didn't have a Guys Burgers), no Sports Bar (I love having a sports bar onboard), and no outside promenade on the Dream. The Dream has the Lanai but that's on Deck 5. We enjoy the outside promenade on deck 3 where you can walk out to see the water and lean on the railing. We really missed that.

** We like the smaller ships but don't get me wrong....A cruise on a big ship is better than no cruise at all ;) :)

OK so remember when I said we woke up the morning of the cruise and there was a surprise waiting for us.....it wasn't a good surprise. As I was getting dressed I went to put my shoes on (they were sitting on the table next to the TV)....I noticed these little specks on the table. Those specks were little ants :eek: Upon closer look the ants were all over this table. We had bought a box of donuts at Wal-Mart the night before for breakfast in the morning so that we didn't have to mess with breakfast at the hotel. The ants were all over the donuts :eek: B

But the worse part was my dad's clothes for this day were laid out on the table. He had laid them out the night before. We took those clothes outside to shake them out and then I bagged them up and put them in a separate bag. We washed them once we got onboard. I'm sure that ants are a common thing in Florida.

When we checked out we told the manager at the front desk (I had taken pictures and a video of the ants) and she said she would adjust our room stay so we headed in to breakfast.

CarnivalDream-April42014064_zpse8e7283b.jpg

The hotel lobby. When we checked out the manager had given us $50.00 off our stay. I feel they should have comped our room. I contacted the General Manager once we returned home and I am waiting to hear back from him :confused: Hopefully they will give us a free night stay.

OK no more gross stories I promise :p

Once we left the hotel we headed to Ron Jon's Surf Shop to see what t-shirts we just couldn't live without :) We made a great decision to wait and go on the morning of the cruise. The store was EMPTY.....it's like we had the whole store to ourselves

CarnivalDream-April42014065_zpsd4e57be9.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014066_zps7b5d00af.jpg

Did ya know that it is a State Law in Florida to get a t-shirt from Ron Jon Surf Shop?? :)

CarnivalDream-April42014070_zpsdf578ae8.jpg

Dad is ready to Boogie Board

CarnivalDream-April42014071_zps38b0afea.jpg

I bought the Surf Shack sign

CarnivalDream-April42014076_zps3a4fb85b.jpg

Freighter just off the Coast

CarnivalDream-April42014077_zpsbefd5d3e.jpg

The surfers were hittin the waves early this morning

CarnivalDream-April42014078_zps27293c07.jpg

The pier was a little quieter than it was last night

CarnivalDream-April42014081_zps5551ac05.jpg

I think this is one of my favorite pictures from vacation.....with the surfer and the sun in the background. I just love it

CarnivalDream-April42014082_zps881190b8.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014079_zps684c0625.jpg

Our rental car from Budget. We received a free upgrade because I am a TA.....that's a nice perk

We left the Cocoa Beach Pier and headed down by the port to see our home for the next 9 days......

CarnivalDream-April42014083_zps1c2531a4.jpg

There she is. The Carnival Dream was in port with the Carnival Splendor and Disney Fantasy

CarnivalDream-April42014084_zps6ec3fd09.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014086_zps767b6a1e.jpg

For those who would watch the Port Canaveral Webcam the Carnival Dream was at a different terminal. This was because of the repositioning cruise and the need to load more supplies. More of this in just a bit......

OK so remember when I said we woke up the morning of the cruise and there was a surprise waiting for us.....it wasn't a good surprise. As I was getting dressed I went to put my shoes on (they were sitting on the table next to the TV)....I noticed these little specks on the table. Those specks were little ants :eek: Upon closer look the ants were all over this table. We had bought a box of donuts at Wal-Mart the night before for breakfast in the morning so that we didn't have to mess with breakfast at the hotel. The ants were all over the donuts :eek: B

But the worse part was my dad's clothes for this day were laid out on the table. He had laid them out the night before. We took those clothes outside to shake them out and then I bagged them up and put them in a separate bag. We washed them once we got onboard. I'm sure that ants are a common thing in Florida.

When we checked out we told the manager at the front desk (I had taken pictures and a video of the ants) and she said she would adjust our room stay so we headed in to breakfast.

CarnivalDream-April42014064_zpse8e7283b.jpg

The hotel lobby. When we checked out the manager had given us $50.00 off our stay. I feel they should have comped our room. I contacted the General Manager once we returned home and I am waiting to hear back from him :confused: Hopefully they will give us a free night stay.

OK no more gross stories I promise :p

Love reading your reviews ,helps out for us a lot to see and do things in ports where we have yet to cruise to.If you don't mind me asking ,what room was it that y'all stayed in?.we are staying at the comfort inn in September ,just don't want to experience the ants like y'all had to ,,,the gm should comp y'all the room.Looking forward to the rest of your review.

CarnivalDream-April42014085_zpsee286d8b.jpg

The Carnival Splendor

CarnivalDream-April42014087_zps6b6c04d7.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014088_zps194571ea.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014091_zps8d2c59cb.jpg

I see you have never been on the Splendor. I went on my very first Carnival cruise on the Splendor last August. It was a no brainer being that I live on Long Island. Alot of people don't like the colors in the ship. Dunkin Donuts pink..but I loved it! I loved the Splendor. Come to NY for a cruise sometime.

Thank-You

Yes I remember you and your hubby. How did you enjoy the Dream??

Loved it! I was afraid it would feel too big and crowded, but it didn't! I was very pleasantly surprised! :)

It was a great cruise, the weather was perfect and I wasn't sick! In my eyes it was a "10"!

Yes and I took that pic of you and the keylime coolada for you~! It looked so good that I ended up getting my own lol I'm eager to read your review to see things from your perspective. :)

I started a trend with that drink. I ordered one....then you, Joy, and Octavia all ordered one. That drink was so good....I'm ready for another Key Lime Colada. It was so great meeting you and Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love reading your reviews ,helps out for us a lot to see and do things in ports where we have yet to cruise to.If you don't mind me asking ,what room was it that y'all stayed in?.we are staying at the comfort inn in September ,just don't want to experience the ants like y'all had to ,,,the gm should comp y'all the room.Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Thank-You. I learned so much from other people and their reviews. It's fun to see what other cruisers do in the ports of call.

We were in Room 136. It as a 2-queen bed room on the north side of the property. Our room faced the street by the Four Points by Sheraton. We have stayed there 2 previous times with another 3-night stay booked there in August. I like that hotel. I know ants can happen but we should have received more than just $50.00 off our room. I'm gonna make another call to the GM tomorrow

I see you have never been on the Splendor. I went on my very first Carnival cruise on the Splendor last August. It was a no brainer being that I live on Long Island. Alot of people don't like the colors in the ship. Dunkin Donuts pink..but I loved it! I loved the Splendor. Come to NY for a cruise sometime.

Yes we have never been on the Splendor. I don't really pay attention to the decor.....cruise ship decor is better than the decor in my living room....haha. The Carnival Splendor is leaving New York at the end of the year to head to Miami

Loved it! I was afraid it would feel too big and crowded, but it didn't! I was very pleasantly surprised! :)

It was a great cruise, the weather was perfect and I wasn't sick! In my eyes it was a "10"!

Yeah we loved it too. I really thought there would be more lines to contend with onboard but there really wasn't. Yeah we couldn't have asked for any better weather

Aww we were on the last cruise before the reposition... It's sad to look at your picture of the Dream in port and think we were getting off the ship then! She was my favorite ship we've been on by far! But loving your review I told my husband I wished we were staying on for the reposition!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aww we were on the last cruise before the reposition... It's sad to look at your picture of the Dream in port and think we were getting off the ship then! She was my favorite ship we've been on by far! But loving your review I told my husband I wished we were staying on for the reposition!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question for ya.... Did they tell you why you guys came in to the different terminal? We were told that it was because of the repositioning cruise.

For The people that parked at the cruise port how did they get back to their cars since you guys left out of the other terminal but returned to a different one.

Hopefully your debarkation was better than our embarkation....

Looking forward to the rest of your review :) I understand about the long winter, I'm from northern Indiana (Home of the Fighting Irish) & it def felt like this winter would never end. I leave on the Breeze next Sunday and am looking forward to some straight warmth and not the back and forth that its been doing lately :)

Looking forward to the rest of your review :) I understand about the long winter, I'm from northern Indiana (Home of the Fighting Irish) & it def felt like this winter would never end. I leave on the Breeze next Sunday and am looking forward to some straight warmth and not the back and forth that its been doing lately :)

Go Irish!!!!! I love College Football and they are my favorite team.

Yeah I wish it would just warm or stay chilly.....but I would prefer the warm....hehe

Enjoy your cruise on the Breeze. And thanks for checking out my review

So excited for your review! Can't wait to read the whole thing.

Awesome to see Splendor. We sailed on her the following itinerary.

Karyn

Thank You Karyn. I was surprised at how big the Splendor was...that was our first time seeing it up close in a port

Thank You Karyn. I was surprised at how big the Splendor was...that was our first time seeing it up close in a port

It's 113000 so not too shabby. When we ported in Nassau, it was the biggest ship in port with the exception on Disney Magic. Nice ship.