Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

I'd love to start planning my next cruise! My husband wants to do a resort vacation next. I love cruising, but he thinks a resort vacation is more relaxing. We have two little ones, my 4.5 year old has been on 3 cruises already, lucky girl! Cruising is such a great deal, staying at a resort is just so expensive. So, we'll see! I'd like to maybe do the Breeze next.

Unfortunately I didn't make it to any :( traveling with little ones & trying to be somewhere at a scheduled time can be hard since they still nap. But, I loved reading all of the roll call posts & I should have really posted more!

There are so many things for kids to do on cruises. I wish I was a kid again so I could go back and enjoy all the fun stuff that they do. Have you seen the new Camp Ocean changes that are being made on the Carnival Freedom right now. Carnival Freedom is in dry dock right now in Freeport, Bahamas and when it returns to service there is a whole new advanced kids program.

We may have crossed paths on the ship. It seems like every time I turned around on the ship someone was asking me if I was "wrigley80." Maybe you will be in some of my pics :)

Praying for your uncle, hoping all is well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank-You. Things are much better now than they were yesterday

Praying for your Uncle. Really enjoying your review!

Thank-You. I got a little sidetracked :) I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the review

we fly from Sanford to Rockford, then take the bus to O-hare, day pass to transit / bus to see a Cubs game.

I'm Sorry that you're a Cubs fan :p ;) I am too but please keep that between us ;) :) Wrigley Field celebrated 100 years yesterday. We try to fly out of Rockford whenever possible....it s so much more convenient and definitely less stressful than going to O'Hare or Midway

Brianna, hope your uncle wii be alright. he will be in our prayers,as well as you and your family. Gary

Thank-You.

Brianna...thanks so much for your fun caring response....and info!!

Prayers for Uncle..will put in your E-mail!!!!

You're welcome. It's so nice to have friends that care for each other :) Thank You

Just waiting for the pictures of the ship, as you know we will be on her May 11 and with you and Rick in Dec.. Hope your uncle is doing OK. Jerry

Jerry....my good buddy. How have you been?? We are so looking forward to the reunion Kruise in December (notice I spelled "Kruise") :D Did you see the pictures that I posted of you and Amanda playing the Love and Marriage game on the Sunshine??? That was so much fun

We stayed at Fishlips until 6:30 or so. I really wanted to get to the Exploration Tower in time to make a visit but they closed at 7:00 and we figured we wouldn't have enough time to make our way around so we decided to forego it this time. That's ok though because it gives us an excuse to take another cruise out of Port Canaveral ;) Ya see I am always thinking of ways to take another cruise :)

CarnivalDream-April42014041_zpsac610c7a.jpg

The new Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral. It is 6 floors plus an observation deck.

CarnivalDream-April42014042_zpsd21e552a.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014043_zps0360566b.jpg

Once we left the Port area we headed to our hotel to check-in. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach. This is our 3rd time staying here and it was a nice stay until we woke up to a little surprise the morning of the cruise....a little more on that later ;)

So once we got checked-in which went very smooth. We unloaded a couple bags into the room. I changed into shorts (I was in Florida...no more jeans for 10 days) and we headed out to Coconuts on the Beach.

CarnivalDream-April42014044_zps3db0b080.jpg

Coconuts is a bar/restaurant right on the beach. It was about 3 miles from our hotel. We went in for a drink and to watch the sunset. It was so peaceful

CarnivalDream-April42014045_zpsbf39c553.jpg

Our first selfie of the cruise :p

CarnivalDream-April42014046_zpsfeb583c1.jpg

I was trying to convince my dad to take up surfing....but he said it's probably not allowed behind the cruise ship :D

We stayed at Fishlips until 6:30 or so. I really wanted to get to the Exploration Tower in time to make a visit but they closed at 7:00 and we figured we wouldn't have enough time to make our way around so we decided to forego it this time. That's ok though because it gives us an excuse to take another cruise out of Port Canaveral ;) Ya see I am always thinking of ways to take another cruise :)

CarnivalDream-April42014041_zpsac610c7a.jpg

The new Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral. It is 6 floors plus an observation deck.

This was still under construction when we were there in in April of last year... As you said, looks like a good excuse to sail out of PC again!

After Coconuts we headed back up north on Atlantic Avenue towards the Cocoa Beach Pier. This is a really fun place to go at night because here is live music playing, a few bars, and a couple t-shirt shops (which is what we like to look for). :D

CarnivalDream-April42014047_zpscc5d6c59.jpg

The Cocoa Beach Pier. It is pretty with all the lights on at night

CarnivalDream-April42014048_zps59861d51.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014049_zps1028c8ce.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014050_zps992d25b9.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014052_zpse4f81f8b.jpg

The beach was so tranquil at this time of night

CarnivalDream-April42014053_zps783cab9a.jpg

It's never too late for a little volleyball on the beach

CarnivalDream-April42014054_zpsf5baa33d.jpg

I love this picture of my dad

CarnivalDream-April42014055_zps111863aa.jpg

After walking the pier for an hour or so we headed into the Pier Store (its kinda like the Shore Store from The Jersey Shore except there wasn't a Snooki or a Situation) :D We bought 4 shirts (2 a piece). One is really cool it's the picture of a cruise ship with a rocket blasting off behind the ship. If you're Port Canaveral for a cruise stop by and get one of these shirts....they are very cool

This was still under construction when we were there in in April of last year... As you said, looks like a good excuse to sail out of PC again!

It was under construction when we cruised on the Ecstasy and Sensation in December 2012....

I never need a reason for a cruise but now this gives me an excuse :D :D :D I'm always thinking

So we left the Cocoa Beach Pier about 9:00 pm and we were getting tired but we still had a few stops to make. I wanted to go to Ron Jon Surf Shop

CarnivalDream-April42014056_zps9ecf8f83.jpg

Well I think everyone else had the same idea so we bypassed Ron Jon's for the night and we decided that we would go in the morning before we headed to the cruise port. That proved to be a much wiser decision. :p

After Ron Jon's we set out looking for everyone's favorite store....WAL-MART :eek: I wanted to get our pop and water so that we didn't have to get it in the morning plus I picked up another can of sunscreen. Us Northerners like to burn in the Florida/Caribbean sun and trust me it's not pretty. I got what I wanted and I was in and out of the store in 10 minutes. There was still one more thing I wanted to do before the night was over....GO SWIMMING :)

Brianna

When we sailed on the Sensation We stayed at the Best Western right next to the coco beach pier. The tiki bar at the end was a blast! I'm not really a drinker but indulged in a few Redds apple ale. My only disappointment was that the tiki bar closed early. I think it was @ 8-8:30.

Danielle

We headed back to the hotel and carried in our bags from The Pier and from Wal-Mart so that I could pack up the suitcases to be ready for morning.

We were in Florida and after our brutal winter I wanted to go swimming on our first night of vacation....so that's what I did

CarnivalDream-April42014057_zpsde0567a5.jpg

The water was so warm and relaxing. It's just what I needed after a long day of traveling and sightseeing

CarnivalDream-April42014058_zpscd2bd548.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014059_zpsb3f815c5.jpg

This pic was taken with the Tropical setting on my camera....I thought it looked pretty cool

CarnivalDream-April42014060_zps89e25b05.jpg

This is a very nice pool/courtyard area. There is a tiki bar right by the pool

CarnivalDream-April42014061_zps0efc06f2.jpg

Before I knew it the pool was closing and it was time to head back to the room to clean up and get ready to pack things up to be ready for morning

Edited by wrigley80

Brianna

When we sailed on the Sensation We stayed at the Best Western right next to the coco beach pier. The tiki bar at the end was a blast! I'm not really a drinker but indulged in a few Redds apple ale. My only disappointment was that the tiki bar closed early. I think it was @ 8-8:30.

Danielle

I was surprised at that as well. The store closed at 9:00 pm I believe.

CarnivalDream-April42014062_zpsf25d7f91.jpg

This was dad's bed. Notice only the backpack :p

CarnivalDream-April42014063_zpsd67bfcd7.jpg

My bed on the left. Yep let's throw the suitcases on my bed so that I pack everything up the night before. My dad isn't no Dummie :D :p

I laid out our clothes for the next morning and we were headed to bed by Midnight. It was a LONG day but definitely an EXCITING day :D

I enjoy all of your reviews, and this one no exception!

Great photos and lots of detail, it is almost as good as being there:)

So glad to hear that your uncle is home and doing better.

Edited by SMSACE6

CarnivalDream-April42014039_zps699ef1cf.jpg

Me, Annette, Betty, Joy, Tammra, and my dad. I definitely consider these ladies true friends now :)

What am I chopped liver???? :p;) ...if I hadn't been on the cruise with you I might be a little jealous...

Pinque

a.k.a. Octavia

WOO HOO!!!! I've been waiting for this!!! I'm so excited to relive this experience with you. I've always wanted to do a repo and one day I will!!! I do have a few questions I hope you answer and no need speed up answers if you planned to get to them anyway.

- I don't recall if this is your first cruise since becoming a TA or not but do you notice any difference of how your treated? I have heard you get treated very well :)

- I know Dream is MUCH bigger than Sunshine but I was wondering if you missed things that where on her vs Dream. I'm super nervous booking a non 2.0 now as I loved almost all the upgrades.

- We have sailed many of the same ship and I have 95% agreed with your feeling on them. I do love some of the smaller ships but want to try a larger but is bigger to BIG?

Sure I will have more but I have been waiting pins and needles to hear about these!!

I enjoy all of your reviews, and this one no exception!

Great photos and lots of detail, it is almost as good as being there:)

So glad to hear that your uncle is home and doing better.

Thank-You so much for your kind words :) I enjoy doing these reviews when I return because I know I enjoy reading the ones from others. Its nice to hear the perspective of other people

Loving your review. Can't hardly wait to hear the rest!!!

Thank-You

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

We were also on this cruise. We never met at any of the planned functions, but I sat next to your dad (and you) on the last sea day brunch. It was a pleasure sharing a meal with you both! :)

Yes I remember you and your hubby. How did you enjoy the Dream??

CarnivalDream-April42014039_zps699ef1cf.jpg

Me, Annette, Betty, Joy, Tammra, and my dad. I definitely consider these ladies true friends now :)

What am I chopped liver???? :p;) ...if I hadn't been on the cruise with you I might be a little jealous...

Pinque

a.k.a. Octavia

Oh you know I didn't forget about you Octavia....I've got a special picture planned for your introduction :p ;) You know you're a true friend as well