Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

Yes they said we had to dock at the other terminal due to the repositioning cruise. But other than saying that they weren't specific as to why. It wasn't that bad they had shuttles to take us over to our car. Other than having to wait for the shuttle to fill it didn't add too much extra time. They took us right to the deck our car was in. Not as ideal as going back to the same terminal but they handled it well at least.

Sorry your embarkation wasn't easy there because that is one thing I love about Canaveral is the easy embark. I'm sure the other terminal had something to do with that too right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking forward to the rest of your review :) I understand about the long winter, I'm from northern Indiana (Home of the Fighting Irish) & it def felt like this winter would never end. I leave on the Breeze next Sunday and am looking forward to some straight warmth and not the back and forth that its been doing lately :)

Loving the term "straight warmth"....this year was what I recall some very bad seventies winters were..never ending..maybe even a flick of snow July 4th..Brinanna..glad you are back ...Sarah

Yea!!! So happy to find your review. We were on Liberty on the 4/5 through 4/12 sailing and I find myself craving another cruise...already. LOL!!! I love your reviews and I'm really enjoying this one and looking forward to the rest. Seeing as how we were cruising at the same time, I really, really hope that the weather cooperated better for your cruise. I've been on six cruises now, first was in 1992 (non during hurricane season) and this had to have been the "roughest ride" I've had and they had the decks above 10 closed off most of the week. Liberty was definitely rocking and we missed Grand Cayman (that seems to happen often) but I think Carnival made up for that because we noticed that the drinks were a lot stronger that day. :)

Edited by pghsteelerfan

It's 113000 so not too shabby. When we ported in Nassau, it was the biggest ship in port with the exception on Disney Magic. Nice ship.

Last week someone had posted a photo in Grand Turk with the Sunshine and Splendor docked next to one another. It was taken while these people were on a helicopter tour. I was quite surprised how much bigger the Splendor was....even more than the Sunshine :)

Yes they said we had to dock at the other terminal due to the repositioning cruise. But other than saying that they weren't specific as to why. It wasn't that bad they had shuttles to take us over to our car. Other than having to wait for the shuttle to fill it didn't add too much extra time. They took us right to the deck our car was in. Not as ideal as going back to the same terminal but they handled it well at least.

Sorry your embarkation wasn't easy there because that is one thing I love about Canaveral is the easy embark. I'm sure the other terminal had something to do with that too right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We thought that is why it had to dock at a different terminal was because of having to load more supplies for the repositioning cruise.

Our embarkation was AWFUL.....by far the worst we have ever experienced at any port. I am about to explain it in the next part of my review. It was dreadful

Loving the term "straight warmth"....this year was what I recall some very bad seventies winters were..never ending..maybe even a flick of snow July 4th..Brinanna..glad you are back ...Sarah

Usually by July 4th in Illinois we are begging for rain and cooler weather but I don't think you will hear much complaining this summer :) at least I hope not ;)

There are so many things for kids to do on cruises. I wish I was a kid again so I could go back and enjoy all the fun stuff that they do. Have you seen the new Camp Ocean changes that are being made on the Carnival Freedom right now. Carnival Freedom is in dry dock right now in Freeport, Bahamas and when it returns to service there is a whole new advanced kids program.

We may have crossed paths on the ship. It seems like every time I turned around on the ship someone was asking me if I was "wrigley80." Maybe you will be in some of my pics :)

I know, so fun! I was already eyeing the freedom, I think they're having a repositioning cruise too? 12 day, that sounds amazing. After our 9 nights, I'm thinking 7 nights are going to seem too short now!

I'll be looking for us in your pics, there were 11 of us. I saw you & your dad one night watching basketball outside. We were in a hurry to get the kids to bed & I am kind of shy & chickened out saying hi, lol. I know I should have though!

[quote name='bluerose1515'][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="3"]yes its been a winter from jack frost. Worst in a long time. We had well over 130 inches this year compared to the 60-70 the last few. Brianna, have you seen The Shirt for this year? its nice and super comfy :) [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

No I have not seen The Shirt this year but now that you mention it I am going to check out the Notre Dame store website to check it out. For our cruise on the Sunshine in December I wore my 2013 shirt. A bunch of guys from Michigan were giving me crap for wearing it.....too bad I beat them during sports trivia. They weren't too sociable after that :) :p

[quote name='pghsteelerfan']Yea!!! So happy to find your review. We were on Liberty on the 4/5 through 4/12 sailing and I find myself craving another cruise...already. LOL!!! I love your reviews and I'm really enjoying this one and looking forward to the rest. Seeing as how we were cruising at the same time, I really, really hope that the weather cooperated better for your cruise. I've been on six cruises now, first was in 1992 (non during hurricane season) and this had to have been the "roughest ride" I've had and they had the decks above 10 closed off most of the week. Liberty was definitely rocking and we missed Grand Cayman (that seems to happen often) but I think Carnival made up for that because we noticed that the drinks were a lot stronger that day. :)[/QUOTE]

Really???? You guys had rough seas. We never had one bad day with the weather and it was by far the smoothest seas on any of our cruises. There were many days when we would sit out on deck and look out and the water wasn't even moving.....it was like it was glass :)

Knock on wood we have never missed a port due to bad weather....I wouldn't mind the ship bypassing Jamaica from now on ;)

Thanks for following my review. I will post a few pics showing how smooth the waters were

[quote name='josefina022']I know, so fun! I was already eyeing the freedom, I think they're having a repositioning cruise too? 12 day, that sounds amazing. After our 9 nights, I'm thinking 7 nights are going to seem too short now!

I'll be looking for us in your pics, there were 11 of us. I saw you & your dad one night watching basketball outside. We were in a hurry to get the kids to bed & I am kind of shy & chickened out saying hi, lol. I know I should have though![/QUOTE]

I had a client call me this morning and ask about the 12-day repo cruise on the Freedom. I would love to do another repo cruise...those extra days were wonderful.

Yeah that was us watching basketball under the stars. That was the night of the Final Four. You definitely should have come over to say Hello. My dad loves meeting new people :) Let me know if you see yourselves in any of my pictures :)

[quote name='wrigley80']No I have not seen The Shirt this year but now that you mention it I am going to check out the Notre Dame store website to check it out. For our cruise on the Sunshine in December I wore my 2013 shirt. A bunch of guys from Michigan were giving me crap for wearing it.....too bad I beat them during sports trivia. They weren't too sociable after that :) :p[/QUOTE]

Def check it out & them Michigan fans, doesn't take much to shut them up hehe looking forward to rest of your review

[quote name='bluerose1515'][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="3"]yes its been a winter from jack frost. Worst in a long time. We had well over 130 inches this year compared to the 60-70 the last few. Brianna, have you seen The Shirt for this year? its nice and super comfy :) [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh you are so right. I just checked their website and I will definitely be ordering the shirt. I really like it with just the Stadium on there. And of course I found a few other things that I "need" to order ;) Thanks for the heads up :) Maybe I will make a road-trip to Sound Bend next weekend :)

[quote name='wrigley80']Really???? You guys had rough seas. We never had one bad day with the weather and it was by far the smoothest seas on any of our cruises. There were many days when we would sit out on deck and look out and the water wasn't even moving.....it was like it was glass :)

Knock on wood we have never missed a port due to bad weather....I wouldn't mind the ship bypassing Jamaica from now on ;)

Thanks for following my review. I will post a few pics showing how smooth the waters were[/QUOTE]

Really??? I was on this same cruise with you, and we commented many times during the first few days how rough the seas were, huge swells, made sitting on our cove balcony not enjoyable at all. Maybe all in perspective, with being down low to the water (when in a cove). We also thought it was very windy for most of the time. However, there was not much movement on the ship, which is always a contributing factor to how people pay attention to the seas! yes..it was a great cruise and would do it all again in a heartbeat! Edited by jmwg49

[quote name='flatman']2 friends of ours that we met on the Carnival Splendor about 5 years ago just took this same repo cruise with you and they said that they loved it. Can't wait to hear your take on how it was, but you better hurry because we are boarding the Dream in New Orleans on this Sunday morning.

Jim[/QUOTE]

Jim, where are you staying pre-cruise in New Orleans?

[quote name='wrigley80']Really???? You guys had rough seas. We never had one bad day with the weather and it was by far the smoothest seas on any of our cruises. There were many days when we would sit out on deck and look out and the water wasn't even moving.....it was like it was glass :)

Thanks for following my review. I will post a few pics showing how smooth the waters were[/quote]

So glad you had great weather and smooth seas and were able to get to all of your ports of call. I'm sure it wasn't the roughest the seas are but we were told by the captain when he made the announcement that there were 9 foot swells and 36MPH winds. In the "Fun Shops", there were a lot of people buying Dramamine and the guy working the register told us later that they sold out. I normally take one Dramamine each day an hour before we leave port and on Sea Days I'll take one in the morning and one in the evening. I never had a problem before except in 2006 when I forgot to take it the first Sea Day morning and felt like I just got off of a spinning amusement park ride (can't ride those) by lunch time. I was told about ginger root pills and how they work really well. I brought those and they worked until the day we missed GC and had the Dramamine for backup. I took one and it didn't help so I ended up taking two (recommended dosage is 1 or 2 tablets). Others said they were definitely feeling it too, even some who said they weren't prone to motion sickness. I'm sure there are many of cruises where it's been a lot worse, it was just the roughest we've ever experienced. The water was very rough in Cozumel and also in Roatan, too rough to swim although a few braved it. In Cozumel, the water looked like a NC or SC beach instead of the pretty azure waters of the Caribbean and we were on the "calm side" of the island. I got in to cool off, but didn't go out far. Once back in the Gulf of Mexico, it was calmer and smoother sailing.

I'm still tossing the idea around of doing another review, but I don't know if I will or not. If you'd like to see some of my pics (got some of the waves crashing into where the GC tenders let passengers off), I'll be happy to get some to you. I don't want to hi-jack your thread but if you want my email, I can get pictures to you that way.

[quote name='wrigley80'][IMG]http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u372/wrigley80/wrigley80003/CarnivalDream-April42014024_zps224f4645.jpg[/IMG]
It was now time for the Disney Magic to pull out of Port. The captain of the Disney Magic sounded the "when you wish upon a star" Disney horn. You know it's a Disney ship

[IMG]http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u372/wrigley80/wrigley80003/CarnivalDream-April42014026_zps531fc2d8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u372/wrigley80/wrigley80003/CarnivalDream-April42014027_zps5b6dcf25.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u372/wrigley80/wrigley80003/CarnivalDream-April42014029_zpsa78045be.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u372/wrigley80/wrigley80003/CarnivalDream-April42014030_zps524ffda2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u372/wrigley80/wrigley80003/CarnivalDream-April42014031_zps85f94b0c.jpg[/IMG]
I would love to go on a Disney cruise someday but I am just not sure if I could handle that many kids all in one place[/QUOTE]

I'm with you....I'm scared of having screaming kids all over the place on Disney! I love kids and have two of my own, plus 2 grandkids, but when I take a cruise I don't want kids running around all over the place. That is one reason we cruise in October/November usually.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review.

[quote name='jmwg49']Really??? I was on this same cruise with you, and we commented many times during the first few days how rough the seas were, huge swells, made sitting on our cove balcony not enjoyable at all. Maybe all in perspective, with being down low to the water (when in a cove). We also thought it was very windy for most of the time. However, there was not much movement on the ship, which is always a contributing factor to how people pay attention to the seas! yes..it was a great cruise and would do it all again in a heartbeat![/QUOTE]

See I guess everyone has different thoughts on how the seas were. I agree with ya about the wind....the wind was crazy. We noticed that the first full day at sea they closed off the Lanai on Port side due to the strong winds. I guess ya probably notice the movement more when you're down lower close to the water line. We were on deck 6 mid-ship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='ciship']Jim, where are you staying pre-cruise in New Orleans?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Jim. But when we cruise out of New Orleans we always stay at the Sleep Inn in Metairie. It's clean, comfy, good breakfast, and friendly staff

[quote name='pghsteelerfan']So glad you had great weather and smooth seas and were able to get to all of your ports of call. I'm sure it wasn't the roughest the seas are but we were told by the captain when he made the announcement that there were 9 foot swells and 36MPH winds. In the "Fun Shops", there were a lot of people buying Dramamine and the guy working the register told us later that they sold out. I normally take one Dramamine each day an hour before we leave port and on Sea Days I'll take one in the morning and one in the evening. I never had a problem before except in 2006 when I forgot to take it the first Sea Day morning and felt like I just got off of a spinning amusement park ride (can't ride those) by lunch time. I was told about ginger root pills and how they work really well. I brought those and they worked until the day we missed GC and had the Dramamine for backup. I took one and it didn't help so I ended up taking two (recommended dosage is 1 or 2 tablets). Others said they were definitely feeling it too, even some who said they weren't prone to motion sickness. I'm sure there are many of cruises where it's been a lot worse, it was just the roughest we've ever experienced. The water was very rough in Cozumel and also in Roatan, too rough to swim although a few braved it. In Cozumel, the water looked like a NC or SC beach instead of the pretty azure waters of the Caribbean and we were on the "calm side" of the island. I got in to cool off, but didn't go out far. Once back in the Gulf of Mexico, it was calmer and smoother sailing.

I'm still tossing the idea around of doing another review, but I don't know if I will or not. If you'd like to see some of my pics (got some of the waves crashing into where the GC tenders let passengers off), I'll be happy to get some to you. I don't want to hi-jack your thread but if you want my email, I can get pictures to you that way.[/QUOTE]

Probably the roughest seas that we have ever encountered was on the Carnival Legend in December 2011 when we were heading back to Tampa from Cozumel. We were in 10-12 foot waves. Dinner in the MDR for the late seating was cancelled because they couldn't keep the dishes on the tables. That was a crazy couple days.

I'm like you I usually take Dramamine the first two mornings of the cruise if I feel like I will need it. I never even took it out of my bag on this cruise.

I'd love to see some of your waves pictures....e-mail me at [email]brianna1980@outlook.com[/email]

Thanks Again

[quote name='Jenny in TX']I'm with you....I'm scared of having screaming kids all over the place on Disney! I love kids and have two of my own, plus 2 grandkids, but when I take a cruise I don't want kids running around all over the place. That is one reason we cruise in October/November usually.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review.[/QUOTE]

They should have a Disney cruise just for adults....haha. How are cruises in October??? I'm looking at the Carnival Victory for October 18th (my birthday is the 19th). I've always wanted to take a cruise for my birthday and the price is so cheap right now.

Thank-You. I hope you continue to enjoy the review

[quote name='cuteflyygirl']I really enjoy your reviews, and as a Daddy's Girl, I absolutely love that you cruise with your farther!! :D Keep it coming![/QUOTE]

Thank-You so much. I am definitely a Daddy's Girl.....no other person that I would rather cruise with.