Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

CarnivalDream-April42014164_zps2c35f618.jpg

The Coffee Bar....this was on Deck 5 midship right by the doors to go out to the Lanai

CarnivalDream-April42014165_zps94fbf0f7.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014166_zpscbd83f0f.jpg

Ocean Plaza area....this is where most of the trivia took place. I know you're wondering if I won any Sports Trivia....more of that later :p

CarnivalDream-April42014167_zpsd79ea5a9.jpg

The Taste Bar is right in the Ocean Plaza. We went there one night to sample food. It was the Red Frog Pub night and there were conch fritters....they were very good

CarnivalDream-April42014168_zps81f5435d.jpg

Getting ready to play trivia

As I mentioned before we had an awesome roll call for this cruise with so many activities planned that we a spreadsheet of activities so that no one forgot anything.

These were just some of our cruise roll call activities....

* Pre-Cruise meet and greet at Fishlips

* Meet and Greet after Sail-away at the Sunset Bar

* Meet and Greet in the Burgandy Lounge on our first sea day

* Slot Pull

* Cabin Crawl

* Group Excursions

* Farewell Meet and Greet on our last sea day

Four Days prior to our cruise one of the roll call members contacted John Heald to ask about having a meet and greet for all of us. Carnival provided the room and there was a bar open to purchase drinks. We had a raffle with prizes. It was a lot of fun. Big Thanks to Peggy, Laura, and Octavia for getting everything planned and organized. We had over 200 people attend our meet and greet

CarnivalDream-April42014169_zpse0332b2f.jpg

The table of raffle prizes. Carnival gave 2 build-a-bears, champagne, ship on a sticks, Carnival medals, FunShip Freddy books. They were very willing and happy to provide raffle prizes

CarnivalDream-April42014170_zps14151fba.jpg

Just some of the group at the meet and greet

CarnivalDream-April42014171_zpsbf3d7ec7.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014173_zpsfa154421.jpg

Our group at the meet and greet

CarnivalDream-April42014175_zps4907d96c.jpg

I had a client call me this morning and ask about the 12-day repo cruise on the Freedom. I would love to do another repo cruise...those extra days were wonderful.

Yeah that was us watching basketball under the stars. That was the night of the Final Four. You definitely should have come over to say Hello. My dad loves meeting new people :) Let me know if you see yourselves in any of my pictures :)

I booked the Freedom repo! I am beyond excited! Great review so far! Did you find that there was enough to do on a longer repo cruise? We have six sea days on the Freedom repo and I'm hoping we won't get sick of having so many...

I booked the Freedom repo! I am beyond excited! Great review so far! Did you find that there was enough to do on a longer repo cruise? We have six sea days on the Freedom repo and I'm hoping we won't get sick of having so many...

I am a bad person to ask about getting bored because I wish Carnival offered a 7-day cruise to nowhere. We absolutely love sea days :) We will definitely do another repositioning cruise in the future.....it was wonderful. You will love those extra days.

There were a lot of onboard activities on sea days....both outside and indoor activities. You definitely won't be bored with the extra sea days. Have a great time on the Carnival Freedom

They should have a Disney cruise just for adults....haha. How are cruises in October??? I'm looking at the Carnival Victory for October 18th (my birthday is the 19th). I've always wanted to take a cruise for my birthday and the price is so cheap right now.

Thank-You. I hope you continue to enjoy the review

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We love cruising in October. It is mostly adults on board and the weather is beautiful. It is usually still hurricane season, but luckily we have never encountered anything when we have sailed. I hate to jinx myself, but so far we have had perfect weather on every cruise. Last year we cruised in February and I was very nervous. It was in the 60's when we left Galveston and of course in the low 80's once we got to all the ports. Loved it!

We love cruising in October. It is mostly adults on board and the weather is beautiful. It is usually still hurricane season, but luckily we have never encountered anything when we have sailed. I hate to jinx myself, but so far we have had perfect weather on every cruise. Last year we cruised in February and I was very nervous. It was in the 60's when we left Galveston and of course in the low 80's once we got to all the ports. Loved it!

I figured there wouldn't be a lot of kids onboard in October. Thanks for the reply.

I am a bad person to ask about getting bored because I wish Carnival offered a 7-day cruise to nowhere. We absolutely love sea days :) We will definitely do another repositioning cruise in the future.....it was wonderful. You will love those extra days.

There were a lot of onboard activities on sea days....both outside and indoor activities. You definitely won't be bored with the extra sea days. Have a great time on the Carnival Freedom

Thanks! We were on the Freedom for our honeymoon in 2012 and it will be cool to see her with all her upgrades in February!

I figured there wouldn't be a lot of kids onboard in October. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Brianna.. I'm loving your review its bringing back fond memories of the Dream for me.. we sailed on the Dream 3 times and loved the ship! I see you sailed on the Nordic Empress ... that was my first cruise ship back in 1995 and what caused my Cruise Addiction!:eek:

Thanks! We were on the Freedom for our honeymoon in 2012 and it will be cool to see her with all her upgrades in February!

We were on the Freedom in March 2013. It looks like the changes are quite extensive. I am eager to see the changes. The kids programs look awesome

Hi Brianna.. I'm loving your review its bringing back fond memories of the Dream for me.. we sailed on the Dream 3 times and loved the ship! I see you sailed on the Nordic Empress ... that was my first cruise ship back in 1995 and what caused my Cruise Addiction!:eek:

Thank-You. The Nordic Empress was my first cruise in 2004. That ship definitely started out my addiction as well. Looks like we share that in common. I'm still in awe every time we step onboard for the first time.

It's nice to find another person who has cruised on the Nordic Empress. The ships have sure changed since then haven't they

I am now also booked on that Freedom cruise.

Pinque

Thank-You. The Nordic Empress was my first cruise in 2004. That ship definitely started out my addiction as well. Looks like we share that in common. I'm still in awe every time we step onboard for the first time.

It's nice to find another person who has cruised on the Nordic Empress. The ships have sure changed since then haven't they

Yes I agree. Quite a difference in ships now but when I boarded Nordic Empress I thought WOW what big ship! :eek: LOL.. I get that WOW.. feeling still today!:D

Yes I agree. Quite a difference in ships now but when I boarded Nordic Empress I thought WOW what big ship! :eek: LOL.. I get that WOW.. feeling still today!:D

Yes the ships are sooooo different now. It's amazing to see the transformation of how ships have changed in the past 10 years.

And I'm the same way. I still have that WOW feeling when I see the ship for the first time and walking onboard for the first time I still get excited. That feeling will never go away

CarnivalDream-April42014156_zps379886de.jpg

I ordered the Steak and Eggs....it was pretty good

CarnivalDream-April42014157_zps9e4fb1a4.jpg

And of course Breakfast wouldn't be complete without a little dessert. :p I love Caramel Cheesecake

After breakfast it was time to venture out and start exploring the Carnival Dream. Our first stop would bring us to the Aft Pool area.

CarnivalDream-April42014158_zpsaa8ed608.jpg

We enjoyed spending time out here on the Aft by the pool and the Sunset Bar. It was quiet and relaxing out here.

CarnivalDream-April42014159_zps3c0209c3.jpg

Hi Brianna,

I noticed a kid in the aft pool...is there no adult only pools?

OK now back to the review.....

After the meet and greet with our new friends we headed back to our cabin to get showered and ready for dinner....tonight was formal night....YAY. Can you hear the lack of excitement in my voice :rolleyes: I am not a fan of dressing up but I will do it for Lobster :p

CarnivalDream-April42014185_zps6f2ed68e.jpg

You can't even see to the other end of the ship :eek:

CarnivalDream-April42014186_zpse87f93b5.jpg

Our chocolate delight for being a Platinum guest was waiting for us in the room

Once we got all cleaned up we headed down to the Atrium Bar for a pre-dinner drink....I had the Pomegranate Lemonade....it was quite yummy

CarnivalDream-April42014187_zpsffe7bc85.jpg

What drink will you have?

CarnivalDream-April42014191_zps5249f93f.jpg

I think we cleaned up quite nicely....what do you think??

CarnivalDream-April42014192_zpsb512d454.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014193_zps80a9deba.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014194_zps71ab9895.jpg

The lights in the Crimson dining room

Hi, Brianna. Just a reminder. Seen on your post you are going on the Libertyi in March. The high season for spring break is March thru April. I live in Florida and I know Florida schools are on spring break in March. I went on a cruise with my 8 year old grand daughter this past March on the Allure and it was announced that there were 2,000 kids on this cruise. I love children so it didn't bother me,but heard alot of folks complaining because the kids were taking over the pools and elevators. Happy sailing, Gary:)