Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

We were off the ship by 1:05 pm and headed through the cruise terminal. The bus was to be parked just outside the cruise terminal.....oh yeah there's our ride

CarnivalDream-April42014243_zps48a402cc.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014244_zps9650544b.jpg

Me and Tammy (Tammy and her friend Joy were the other two ladies kicked off the original tour for voicing their opinion)

CarnivalDream-April42014245_zps3bb53ed9.jpg

That is Joy (right behind Tammy). Joy made us the three of us t-shirts that said "Aruba" on the front and "Follow Me To The Fun Bus" on the Back. Those shirts were a big hit :D

CarnivalDream-April42014246_zps9ca4e47a.jpg

That's the Kukuu Kanuku bus. It is an excursion through Carnival.

CarnivalDream-April42014247_zps72e33d67.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014055_zps834615b8.jpg

This is Dexter.....our tour guide on the Banana Bus

CarnivalDream-April52014056_zps2a8c45f7.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014057_zps7d5a51ff.jpg

This guy was running to catch our bus.....we almost left him behind at the port

CarnivalDream-April52014058_zps5ea0d46c.jpg

As you can see in this picture the cruise ship docks right next to the terminal building

CarnivalDream-April52014059_zpsca4f6309.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014060_zps3fd3b240.jpg

We left out of the cruise terminal and turned right and went on a city tour en route to our first stop.....the Casi Bari Rock Formations

CarnivalDream-April52014061_zps0825e97b.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014062_zps28e018cb.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014066_zps93264000.jpg

Whoops....earlier I said this was the Celebrity Silouette but it is the Celebriy Eclipse

CarnivalDream-April52014075_zpsea4f633d.jpg

The airport in Aruba

CarnivalDream-April52014078_zps92184103.jpg

Aruba is VERY dry.....so this is the only reservoir that they have on the whole island. Aruba gets only 10-15" of rain a year....and that's if they're lucky

CarnivalDream-April52014079_zps33420d6e.jpg

No real need for a mower....cause there's no grass :p

CarnivalDream-April52014080_zpsecdec220.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014081_zps7d5352b4.jpg

You definitely don't see any cactus' in any other Caribbean island. Aruba is unlike any where else in the Caribbean

CarnivalDream-April52014082_zps5c9cf6a0.jpg

Our first stop on our tour....the Casi Bari Rock Formations. You could climb to the top. We elected to stay grounded ;) for the day. Me and rock climbing isn't a very good combination

CarnivalDream-April52014083_zps2db68906.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014084_zpscd12b4bb.jpg

A lot of people did climb to the top

CarnivalDream-April42014249_zpsf1a3d253.jpg

My dad looks like a deer in headlights in this picture :p

CarnivalDream-April42014250_zpsf09ac63b.jpg

The Blues Brothers are in Aruba too

CarnivalDream-April42014251_zpsae044c74.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014252_zps6a4a174c.jpg

I thought this was interesting....a cigarette machine inside the little restaurant area. Definitely don't see those in the U.S. anymore

CarnivalDream-April42014253_zps003e2abc.jpg

LOVE THIS PICTURE.....my dad had to go wee wee but all he had was a $20.00 bill. He had to buy a pop to get a $1.00 bill before he could use the toilet. :p HAHA

CarnivalDream-April42014255_zpsbe86b458.jpg

This pic is hilarious! :D I can't believe they charge to use the bathroom! :eek::eek:

Yeah he was surprised too. He went back to use the bathroom and there was a guy sitting right at the door who was collecting the $1.00. He had to pay first. It was so funny to see him come tight cheeking it back to the bar to get a buck to use the bathroom

Loving your review! And your past reviews too....lol

My husband and I are like you and your Dad, we come out of the "clean" clothes fast after the lobster and get back into the comfy clothes!

Kim

Thanks so much. We always consider dinner a success if we don't spill anything on ourselves before the dinner is over....haha.

Comfy clothes are the only way for me.

Thanks so much. We always consider dinner a success if we don't spill anything on ourselves before the dinner is over....haha.

Comfy clothes are the only way for me.

LOL I can so relate to this! Of course with me it is usually something with red sauce and most always lands on something white:D

You really make me feel like I am there...gotta do some work now but... Thank you for just taking your time and chatting with us...in a few pictures I have a feel of Aruba...different that any news photos and too many sad ones..wow like Arizona Cactus I just saw beginning of the month...thanks!!!

Edited by sjn911

You really make me feel like I am there...gotta do some work now but... Thank you for just taking your time and chatting with us...in a few pictures I have a feel of Aruba...different that any news photos and too many sad ones..wow like Arizona Cactus I just saw beginning of the month...thanks!!!

Thanks for continuing to check back on the review. Happy to hear that you're still enjoying it. It is quite odd to see so many cactus' on the island when you know that the island is surrounded by water

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As always great review! I didn't know that Aruba was so dry. Guess I need to plan my next cruise there to check it out in person. ;)

Thank You. I'm pleased to know that you're enjoying my review. There's still more to come. Aruba is a very interesting island

This pic is hilarious! :D I can't believe they charge to use the bathroom! :eek::eek:

Aruba has no underground source of water. In addition they get less than 20 inches of rain a year. Most water is from desalinization plants. So water is expensive.

Thank-You. The Nordic Empress was my first cruise in 2004. That ship definitely started out my addiction as well. Looks like we share that in common. I'm still in awe every time we step onboard for the first time.

It's nice to find another person who has cruised on the Nordic Empress. The ships have sure changed since then haven't they

The Nordic Empress was my first cruise too, back in the early 90's! The ship seemed so big at the time! We did a 5 day with an overnight in the Bahamas. It rained EVERY day, but we still had a blast!

Joanna

Aruba has no underground source of water. In addition they get less than 20 inches of rain a year. Most water is from desalinization plants. So water is expensive.

Yeah that's what our tour guide told us. He said its more like 15 inches...if they are lucky.

The Nordic Empress was my first cruise too, back in the early 90's! The ship seemed so big at the time! We did a 5 day with an overnight in the Bahamas. It rained EVERY day, but we still had a blast!

Joanna

Wow!!!! Another Nordic Empress cruiser :) And yes that ship did seem very big at the time....it really goes to show ya how things have changed. That first cruise on the Nordic Empress was out of Tampa and I remember turning the corner and seeing the ship for the first time.....I still get those same butterfly feelings when I see the ship for the first time now. It NEVER gets old :)

We are from Peoria but I know Rockford is a lot easier airport to go out of. I can relate to this lousy winter. Yuck Still waiting for spring:)

Oh yeah we love Greater Rockford airport. It is so convenient. From the time we are dropped off at the airport to sitting at the gate waiting for our flight takes less that 10-15 minutes.

So when you fly out for a cruise what airport do you use?? Have you ever flew out of Bloomington??

Once we left the Rock Formations we were headed to the Alto Vista Chapel.

CarnivalDream-April42014256_zps9acf1cb4.jpg

The chapel is in the town of Noord

CarnivalDream-April42014257_zps992abe33.jpg

Still don't see any Grass

CarnivalDream-April42014258_zpscf49a120.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014261_zps86e8559b.jpg

Seeing Cactus' in the Caribbean is an odd sight for sure

CarnivalDream-April42014259_zps7c9ee3d8.jpg

At one point on the tour we stopped at a high point where you could the ships off in the distance. We were on the far Northern side of the island and the ships on the South side....this shows ya how wide the island is. You can see from one side to the other. The guide said that on a clear day you can see the ships quite well but on this day there was so much sea spray due to the wind

CarnivalDream-April42014262_zps52aad905.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014264_zpsd41d9e59.jpg

See even the cops stay busy in Aruba. I was just hoping that we weren't going to become a news story on CNN....tourists robbed on Banana Bus in Aruba :p ;)

CarnivalDream-April42014265_zps8f436dea.jpg

Aloe Vera plant.....that brown plant is aloe. Aloe is very popular item in Aruba. I brought home some lotion and it is wonderful

CarnivalDream-April42014266_zpsb552a7cd.jpg