Immunizations for AK

runner15km

Only recommendation my medical provider suggested was to be sure my tetanus was up to date and that was for Canada ( Victoria) .

Which is the same recommendation we would get if travelling to the US... OR staying at home!!

It's suggested that anyone entering Canada get immunizations against catching Justin Bieber Fever (just kidding). Anyone over age 25 is immune to the fever

Edited by cab519

It's suggested that anyone entering Canada get immunizations against catching Justin Bieber Fever (just kidding). Anyone over age 25 is immune to the fever

You forgot the Avril and Rob Ford influenzas (they're a combination of the bird and swine flues) .:D

I think that fever is in the USA, cuz if us ask most of us, we are glad its not resident here anymore.

I think the city of Calabasas, CA has put up a gate and now require people who want to enter to prove they're not Bieber.

I don't know the ACTUAL answer but a serious answer is probably something like:

None are required but in the last few years Whooping Cough was at epidemic levels in the Seattle area and many were advised to get the TDAP which you can get as a tetanus update. I got it when my best friend who lives in the Puget Sound area had a baby. Possibly Canada feels more strongly about it but it was probably just a standard message sent to all traveling passengars. Especially since many passengers I noticed are British and just flying into Seattle to take the cruise. That COULD apply to them so better just send it to everyone. The tetanus shot is always a good thing to have and you are good for about a decade. You only need to be vaccinated against whooping cough (pertussis) once. The next shot will be only tetanus.