Teppanyaki full price for children

Carpgirl

I thought the kids' club wasn't available 5pm-7pm. Or are you going to late dinner?

Well 7pm isn't late for us.. lol My husbands a Fire Medic and Sister & Hubs work retail, so its not unusual for us to have dinner around 9. But I understand not everyone eats so late, that why I suggested a snack while the little ones eat, kind of like a late afternoon, early evening tea. Maybe bring the kids to the early show if its something they might like.

We were told in January that our 11 year old was full price since he ordered from the adult menu, our 3 year old was free and they made her meal from the specialty kids menu in teppanyaki no salad, no soup, chicken, rice, endame, kids menu desert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Pearl last month with 2 11 year olds and they each paid $12.50 at Teppanyaki. They ordered from the Teppanyaki menu. I'm not really surprised, unfortunately if NCL is now charging full price for those under 12 as the revenue is less than a full price adult, but disappointed none the less. We ate in specialty restaurants most nights and did not ever see 3 menus. There was the children's menu on a Nickelodeon sheet that was standard in all outlets (and no additional charge) or the 11 year olds could eat off the same specialty menu as the adults and be charged 50% of the adult cover.

I'd love to know if anyone else has experienced this recent change, if in fact the policy has changed. We are boarding Getaway next week with our 4 year old.

OP, were you charged half price for the child at the other speciality restaurants?

Hi,

We didn't eat at any other speciality restaurants but I assumed it was just at Teppanyaki as they have limited seating. I was told it was full price as they were taking up a seat before even being given menu choices.

I am more confused now...The teppanyaki is the only restaurant that we will prebook because of its limited seating. We are 2 adults and 2 eleven year olds. From what I gathered from this thread, we will all be charged full price when we reserve precruise, but then we will be given a 50% credit for our 2 kids at the restaurant. Is that correct???? Or does this vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise?? We will be on the Gem.:confused:

I am more confused now...The teppanyaki is the only restaurant that we will prebook because of its limited seating. We are 2 adults and 2 eleven year olds. From what I gathered from this thread, we will all be charged full price when we reserve precruise, but then we will be given a 50% credit for our 2 kids at the restaurant. Is that correct???? Or does this vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise?? We will be on the Gem.:confused:

FYI - We prebooked Teppanyaki and did not have to pre-pay anything. My husband and I have UDP, so we were free, but we were not charged for the 3rd person, even though the reservation was confirmed for 3 people. I just assume we will be charged for him once we eat.

I'm guessing, from this thread, that things have changed, and kids at Teppanyaki are now charged full price. We have never eaten there, because it costs the same amount at local habachi places as Teppanyaki charges (the other NCL restaurants are a lot less than similar restaurants on land). Our local habachi restaurants also charge a lot less for the under 13 crowd (same amount of food), so we will continue to just go to the local ones.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I didn't want to just leave this so I emailed NCL Customer Services (only recently), here is their response:

I note your query concerning the Speciality dining charge for the Teppanyaki Restaurant which was applied for Ben and Emma.

If I could explain, there is a 50% discount applicable to children under the age of 12, with the exception of Cirque Dreams and Teppanyaki. I am sorry this is not made clear on the confirmation or on our literature.

They have offered to refund me the difference as my dining confirmation states that children receive 50% discount.

Thanks,

Michelle.:)

Hi,

I didn't want to just leave this so I emailed NCL Customer Services (only recently), here is their response:

I note your query concerning the Speciality dining charge for the Teppanyaki Restaurant which was applied for Ben and Emma.

If I could explain, there is a 50% discount applicable to children under the age of 12, with the exception of Cirque Dreams and Teppanyaki. I am sorry this is not made clear on the confirmation or on our literature.

They have offered to refund me the difference as my dining confirmation states that children receive 50% discount.

Thanks,

Michelle.:)

Thanks for the update. They are a bit wrong in their response (not that it may matter in your case) but the discount is for kids 12 and under so that includes them if they are 12.

They updated their wording/placement online a bit but here is what it says from their dining guide:

Children 3-years old and younger always eat for free. In our specialty restaurants, children 4- to 12-years old can choose from a

complimentary Kids’ Menu or from the restaurant’s Specialty Kids’ Menu for half price.

Edited by dexddd