Teppanyaki full price for children

Carpgirl

Hi,

Has Teppanyaki always been full price for children or is this a recent thing?

I booked before we went & was expecting to have a refund applied to my account but was told kids are full price as they are taking up a seat.

Thanks.

Hi,

Has Teppanyaki always been full price for children or is this a recent thing?

I booked before we went & was expecting to have a refund applied to my account but was told kids are full price as they are taking up a seat.

Thanks.

What are the age of the children? Under five?

The NCL Dining Guide is clear so bring a download/print out if you have concerns:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining-Guide-022814.pdf

"CHILDREN EAT FOR LESS

Children 3-years old and younger always eat for free. In our specialty restaurants, children 4 to 12 years old can choose from a complimentary Kids’ Menu or from the restaurant’s Specialty Kids’ Menu for half price"

Edited by kylenyc

The NCL Dining Guide is clear so bring a download/print out if you have concerns:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining-Guide-022814.pdf

Correct~ it also states online this:

PER PERSON $25

(Per Child pricing done on the ship)

so it will depend on which menu your child/ren order off of also~ complimentary kids menu = Free, kids specialty menu = Half price or if they order off the regular specialty menu = full price

Edited by Alliezona09

If children are being charged full price, it's a very recent change. We ate at Teppanyaki with our boys (ages 9&6) last month on Breakaway. It was pre-booked, so we initially paid full price, but there was a 50% refund for each child applied by the restaurant. They both ate off the specialty menu, though ds2 was given as much seafood as I had ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If children are being charged full price' date=' it's a very recent change. We ate at Teppanyaki with our boys (ages 9&6) last month on Breakaway. It was pre-booked, so we initially paid full price, but there was a 50% refund for each child applied by the restaurant. They both ate off the specialty menu, though ds2 was given as much seafood as I had ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

How was the free kids menu at the specialty restaurants? We have the incentive, free UDP but it only covers two ppl per cabin. We have booked specialty every night but I'm concerned we are going to end up paying for him to eat every night. Unfortunately my 9 y/o is not a kids menu kind of kid.

How was the free kids menu at the specialty restaurants? We have the incentive, free UDP but it only covers two ppl per cabin. We have booked specialty every night but I'm concerned we are going to end up paying for him to eat every night. Unfortunately my 9 y/o is not a kids menu kind of kid.

Not sure why you would not expect to pay full fare ...if he will not eat off the child's menu, and will eat the food served and prepared for adults. By your comment that he is not a kids menu kind of kid, I would gather that he has adult taste . I would hazard to say that a 9 yr can and will eat as much as some adults would and he is also sitting in a chair that another full fare paying adult could be in.

You have another option, though I don't know if it would work for you. You can go to the buffet and have a snack while your son eats dinner. Then drop him off at the kids club while you and your husband go to dinner. This way your son isn't sitting through a 1.5-2 hour dinner where he won't really be eating much.

This is what we plan on doing with our 3 little ones (3, 4, and 7).

Interesting - when we were on the Breakaway in November, my 10 and 12 year olds were charged half price at Le Bistro and Moderno, and ordered off the regular menu (well, just ate what the rest of us ate at Moderno). My 15 and 17 year olds were charged as adults.

Children 12 and under can order off the regular menu for 1/2 price. Sometimes they mess up and charge you full price. You just have to speak to someone and they will correct it.

That's one thing that we love about NCL is its encouraging for family's to eat in specialty dinning. I have children that love the special dinners on cruises. They are not interested in hot dogs, hamburgers, and mac and cheese.

With the new UDP when you make reservations you are not charged anything. Yeah!!!! much easier

Since my DD is 12 and looks 16 I we know we will have to watch the bill and make sure we tell the waiter that she is 12.

IMO the reason why they give us a kids discount is because if they didn't parents would not come as often to the specialty restaurants. I know we wouldn't.

Like someone else said, unless there was a very recent change to the policy, in December 2013 I was on the Gem 9 day, with my 13 year old son & 2 other children who were 8 & 10. We went to Teppanyaki's also. I was full price, my son was full price, and the 2 other children were free because they ordered hamburgers off the children's menu. Sometimes things get overlooked and you just need to get it straightened out. Just keep a day to day tab on your account! Good Luck

You have another option, though I don't know if it would work for you. You can go to the buffet and have a snack while your son eats dinner. Then drop him off at the kids club while you and your husband go to dinner. This way your son isn't sitting through a 1.5-2 hour dinner where he won't really be eating much.

I thought the kids' club wasn't available 5pm-7pm. Or are you going to late dinner?

Just to respond to a few points. I phoned on the day we arrived to ask for the price to be adjusted for the children and was told they were full price.

I phoned the next day didn't say I'd already booked, said I was just ringing to check prices and was told the same thing.

The next night we actually went to Teppanyaki and hadn't been seated long when the waitress came and asked the childrens ages and said 'You are aware they are full price?'

So I think it must be a recent change and they are double checking that people know.

the free kids menu is the regular kids menu available at all the restaurants. They have always charged half price at teppanyaki for the grand kids ordering off the regular menu...and they were always well behaved better than the drunks at the other table last time.

Unless something has changed there have been three menus in the past for specialty restaurants. The regular (normal) menu, the kids menu that is standard throughout the ship and the specialty kids menu. The specialty kids menu has always included a couple of items off the regular menu and in somewhat smaller quantities. If you child of any age does not order off the specialty KIDS menu, they will be charged full price. It is up to the parent to specifically ask for the kids specialty menu to avoid paying full price. If you give your qualifying child a regular menu to order from, they will be getting an adult meal and will be charged as such.

If you do a search over the past few years you will find some copies of the child's specialty menus.

I thought the kids' club wasn't available 5pm-7pm. Or are you going to late dinner?

That's what we plan to do too. We usually eat at 7:00 at home anyway.