Med Cruise - full frame or cropped camera?

Leaving for May 7 Noordam Med cruise. Taking brand new Sony a6000 as a primary camera due to size. Do you recommend taking my Canon 6D full frame with 24-105 Lens and 70-300 lens. Or take Canon T3i with Sigma 18 -250 lens as the second camera?

Want great shots but also want to be practical with the equipment I am carrying

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Leaving for May 7 Noordam Med cruise. Taking brand new Sony a6000 as a primary camera due to size. Do you recommend taking my Canon 6D full frame with 24-105 Lens and 70-300 lens. Or take Canon T3i with Sigma 18 -250 lens as the second camera?

Want great shots but also want to be practical with the equipment I am carrying

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Personally I would take one camera that you think is best suited for the pictures you plan to take.

I have taken only my NEX cameras on the last couple of cruises and found them in no way limiting.

Under the vast majority of shooting conditions, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between photos taken with the 6D and those taken with the A600O or the Rebel.

Travel light and enjoy your trip.

Dave

Leaving for May 7 Noordam Med cruise. Taking brand new Sony a6000 as a primary camera due to size.

Kitty Kodak: would be interested in what you think of your new Sony when you start using it.

I have the NEX7 and a NEX5Nand was thinking of replacing the NEX5N with the a6000.

Kitty Kodak: would be interested in what you think of your new Sony when you start using it.

I have the NEX7 and a NEX5Nand was thinking of replacing the NEX5N with the a6000.

Hi

So far I love the a6000 but haven't used it in the field yet. Excellent pix

I wouldn't leave my best camera at home. And if I'm anticipating low light shots, I'd certainly want the extra high ISO advantages of the 6d.

But it is also a matter of being realistic with what you are willing to carry. I usually don't mind carrying my full frame, though I'll often carry it with a compact prime lens. I have a more compact camera to carry at all times but I usually don't mind carrying a camera bag with the full frame and a couple of lenses. To me, it's worth the extra quality.

it depends what you want it for

If it's for on board and indoor and wide angle is more important then full frame would be my advice

if it is for shore side shots with better zoom etc then the crop sensor will amplify the reach of your lense

but the trade is less wide angle

so it really depends (imo) what you want to get from it

Edited by AL_M