Help us choose...

Help us choose our next cruise. We have always done 7 day cruises, but it isn't feasible this time with our schedules. So here are the 2 we are looking at. Which one would you choose and why? (we are a family of 4 - kids ages 7 and 2)

1. 5 day leaving out of Fort Lauderdale on Carnival Freedom (in dry dock now but will be ready when we cruise in August). Going to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman.

2. 5 day leaving out of New Orleans on Carnival Elation. Going to Cozumel (been once with kids and went to a resort for the day that time) and Progresso.

We loved the Freedom so much we are sailing her again this August. I would choose the Freedom because it's a much bigger newer ship with the 2.0 upgrades and we like the ports better too. The beaches in Grand Cayman look like a postcard and swimming with the stingrays is a must if you haven't done it. In Ochoa Rios there's lots of all inclusive beach resorts to choose from. :)

Thanks, everyone!!! What if I add a 5 day from Tampa on the Carnival Paradise - Grand Cayman and Cozumel? Would you still say #1? Also, with the upgrades that are coming to Freedom, does anyone know if that will include more waterworks stuff? Our 2 year old enjoyed the splash park stuff and tiny slide when we were on the Dream in October.

Thanks, everyone!!! What if I add a 5 day from Tampa on the Carnival Paradise - Grand Cayman and Cozumel? Would you still say #1? Also, with the upgrades that are coming to Freedom, does anyone know if that will include more waterworks stuff? Our 2 year old enjoyed the splash park stuff and tiny slide when we were on the Dream in October.

I would still pick #1 because of the 2.0 upgrades. Carnival Freedom will not receive any waterworks upgrades.

No waterworks but huge upgraded arcade called the warehouse and bigger upgraded candy store too.:) And yes, I would still pick the bigger newer Freedom over the older smaller ships. But I really like the bigger newer ships with all the extras. Some people love the smaller older ships because they are less crowded and easier to navigate. I guess it's up to your personal preference. But as far as kids go my kids love the bigger newer ships because they have nicer kids facilities and there's more stuff to do.

Been on both ships and for sure it would be Freedom choice for us! Especially with the new additions, we are super excited to cruise in September on the Freedom! With the kids, we prefer the bigger ships as well.

I know most are saying Freedom. Does Elation have waterworks? If so I would choose Elation because of your kids ages and they probably love Waterslides /splash stuff!!(my kids love the waterworks). If it doesn't then I would go with Freedom being the bigger and newer ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I found the Paradise out of Tampa to just be BLAH as far as ships go. Too small, too old, too crowded, too much smoke from the smokers.

About the only decent thing is cruising under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.