Jr. Suite bathroom on Vision of the Seas

Hopefully you have reserved an Accessible Junior Suite. Regular JS's are not equipped with showers, only bathtubs, which are raised up a little higher than a normal tub and are slightly difficult to get into, but extremely hard, especially for anyone with mobility issues, to get out of, especially with wet feet.

If you haven't/can't reserved an Accessible JS, then perhaps you could ring up RCI's Special Needs Dept. and have a chair for the bathtub delivered for your husband.

If you have reserved an Accessible JS, the shower chairs are attached to the wall and swing down for use . . . they are a size that should accommodate just about anyone.

:confused:Help!! There are no Accessible suites available on our cruise. Does anyone have a picture of the bathroom in a Jr. Suite? RCCL told me the bathtub was standard size. One reply says it is higher. Any more info or picture would help me. My husband uses a walker; is 6ft. tall; perhaps with my help he could step into the bathtub. Help please

The tub is standard size, but it is higher than normal, due to the way the raise the tubs for the drains.

Are there ANY HC cabins...even if not a JS? A normal HC would be about the size of a JS, but with an accessible bath.

Edited by cb at sea

Does the bathtub have shower curtain or glass doors? I have requested a shower chair and bathmat for the tub, and I can help my husband. Any info is appreciated. Plan to contact the special needs dept. at rccl

Does the bathtub have shower curtain or glass doors? I have requested a shower chair and bathmat for the tub, and I can help my husband. Any info is appreciated. Plan to contact the special needs dept. at rccl

JS has a shower curtain.

An OS (Owners Suite) has a walk-in shower with a glass door, in addition to a bathtub.

Edited by clarea

Cruise Mami, thank you so much for the picture of the JS bathtub. What surprises me are the grab bars! I'm thrilled because I was told by rccl reservations that there were none:confused:. Please verify we're talking about the same ship! Thanks

Cruise Mami, thank you so much for the picture of the JS bathtub. What surprises me are the grab bars! I'm thrilled because I was told by rccl reservations that there were none:confused:. Please verify we're talking about the same ship! Thanks

She had said that picture was from the Liberty so while they will be close there are no guarantees that they will be the exact same. May not have the grab bars.

:confused:Help!! There are no Accessible suites available on our cruise. Does anyone have a picture of the bathroom in a Jr. Suite? RCCL told me the bathtub was standard size. One reply says it is higher. Any more info or picture would help me. My husband uses a walker; is 6ft. tall; perhaps with my help he could step into the bathtub. Help please

This is the tub in Vision JS 8588 aft. There is a step up into the bathroom. The bathtub is a step higher than the floor. To step out of the tub one has to be very careful! My hubby is 6'6" and couldn't stand up all the way in the tub! :(

I would call to see IF there was a possibility of getting a HC room. You might want to look on Sea Scanner com. They tend to show ALL the rooms that are available at the time. Some times HC rooms are not shown on the available listings! . . . Worth a try! :D

I found a photo of our Grandeur JS 7354 from last year. As you can see they both are about the same. Both had a step up onto the bathroom AND a step up to the tub.

1000140259_Vision8588bathroom.jpg.2d5b539e6dff7fb06be8dcfca3638b73.jpg

1289522870_GrandeuroftheSea7354b.jpg.ed41ffd92292f1d867fda13561cb8fe6.jpg

Edited by Tropicalgal2

My husband was 6ft.1in.,had MS and used a walker. The JS tubs have high sides and were not managable for him. We used the JS HC cabins

Have you posted your question on "Disabled Cruise Travel" on CC ?

Thank you so much for the two tub photos' I'm relieved to see the grab bars! I don't understand what you mean by a step up to the tub. I see the floor as being flat and then the high tub wall. I must be missing something. There are no handicapped staterooms available on our cruise. I've ordered the shower chair and tub mat. I'm very grateful for all replies and suggestions:)

I find the JS tub more narrow than standard tubs and so very high to climb over. We actually had the corner aft JS on Legend and if there is a little rocking, I get so dizzy while trying to shower. Luckily my daughter had an inside cabin right across the hall, so I took my showers in her cabin.

I would say your hubby is NOT going to like the tub.

When she said a step up, it is into the bathroom.