First time cruiser (F-30), and long time cruiser (F-61) need dancing help

Rockette

This summer I'm looking to go on a cruise with my mother who hasn't been on one in more than 5 years. We generally know where we want to cruise to, but does anyone have any advice for which cruise lines/ships have the best ballroom dancing? My mother is more into the smooth style, while Latin is more my fancy.

I'll consider price differences on my own, as I'm willing to pay for a higher quality experience.

If you're not going with any significant other as a dance partner, you're not going to find male partners to dance with on most cruise lines. Some used to have dance hosts on board, but they've pretty much gotten rid of them. The only line I know that still have dance hosts is the luxury line Crystal. Otherwise, finding someone to dance with will be near to impossible.

This summer I'm looking to go on a cruise with my mother who hasn't been on one in more than 5 years. We generally know where we want to cruise to, but does anyone have any advice for which cruise lines/ships have the best ballroom dancing? My mother is more into the smooth style, while Latin is more my fancy.

I'll consider price differences on my own, as I'm willing to pay for a higher quality experience.

I'd recommend you consider Crystal - there are dance Hosts on every cruise that provide dancing partners for women who want to dance but are partner-less, as well as dance classes (included in cost). It's a luxury (almost) all-inclusive cruise line so the cost is higher but it offers excellent value. However, there are only 2 cruise ships, so they may not be going where and when you want to go - but it's a great line for women who want to dance. On my Crystal cruise last spring I had two female tablemates who rushed away from dinner each night to go dancing - they chose Crystal because there would be Hosts for them to dance with.

(In the interest of fairness, Crystal recently added dance Hostesses to dance with un-partnered men as well.)

The Queen Mary 2 has the biggest ballroom at sea, the elegant Queens Room with a live orchestra. She sails a series of Transatlantics from New York and Southampton, England.

You might book a European sail aboard her or the popular 5-day July 4th cruise which leaves July 1 round trip from Brooklyn, NY and visit Halifax, NS and Boston, Ma.

The QM2 is in a class by herself, the only ocean liner currently plying the seas. She is elegant with numerous lounges, full afternoon tea service in the aforementioned Ballroom, the food is excellent and the crew first rate.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

I'd recommend you consider Crystal - there are dance Hosts on every cruise that provide dancing partners for women who want to dance but are partner-less, as well as dance classes (included in cost). It's a luxury (almost) all-inclusive cruise line so the cost is higher but it offers excellent value. However, there are only 2 cruise ships, so they may not be going where and when you want to go - but it's a great line for women who want to dance. On my Crystal cruise last spring I had two female tablemates who rushed away from dinner each night to go dancing - they chose Crystal because there would be Hosts for them to dance with.

(In the interest of fairness, Crystal recently added dance Hostesses to dance with un-partnered men as well.)

I actually saw that about Crystal. Even though it is a bit more expensive, it is still both within our budgets especially considering it's an all inclusive line.

They have some great Mediterranean cruises in the summer I see too. One basically will leave me off in Venice just before I need to be there, so I'm considering that one.