Divorce

evanAction

Two friends of ours *were* going to cruise with us on the 10/4/14 Glory sailing. They are now in the process of getting divorced.

They are booked separately from our booking, early saver, with $500 deposit (final payment due July 21st) plus a FTTF excursion.

The reservation is in the husbands name, with the wife as a passenger in the cabin. He said he didn't care if she uses the deposit and pays it off and wants to go...

If she wants to bring a friend, can *she* change his name off of the reservation? If not can *he* cancel and get credit that *she* can reapply to a booking with her girlfriend?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Evan

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Two friends of ours *were* going to cruise with us on the 10/4/14 Glory sailing. They are now in the process of getting divorced.

They are booked separately from our booking, early saver, with $500 deposit (final payment due July 21st) plus a FTTF excursion.

The reservation is in the husbands name, with the wife as a passenger in the cabin. He said he didn't care if she uses the deposit and pays it off and wants to go...

If she wants to bring a friend, can *she* change his name off of the reservation? If not can *he* cancel and get credit that *she* can reapply to a booking with her girlfriend?

Evan

Early Saver does not allow for name changes. Even if he gave permission to reapply the deposit, Carnival would not allow it because that would be the same as a name change.

Edited by winddawn

His $250 would be gone, with $200 of it held in his name for a future cruise. She can add another person to the booking, but it would require a new deposit.

I read something like that on the carnival forums but wasn't exactly sure. I'll give her a heads up and have her call Carnival when she finds an interested party.

Thanks!

Sooooo.....

Basically SOL, no administrative fees etc to save the day?

I would have her call Carnival and explain the situation and see if she could do a name change.

It may not work but she should do all she can without giving up.

Good luck!!!!

I have done a name change under Early Saver on Carnival's website before. Instead of calling Carnial. Just log in and edit the passenger information. But she would need the log in information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Edited by cruising_diva

I have done a name change under Early Saver on Carnival's website before. Instead of calling Carnial. Just log in and edit the passenger information. But she would need the log in information.

OK. Yes, she has all of that --- thanks for the tip.

Evan

OP, care to let us know what happened? How did this work out gor you?

• 3 months later...
OP, care to let us know what happened? How did this work out gor you?

Sorry, I thought I responded to this a long time ago but for whatever reason it didn't post.

They ended up reconciling, doing well, and are going with us on the cruise.

Carnival said they could change one name on the reservation for a service charge, or cancel less the $50 per person service charge and receive a refund, and that would be available in a gift card / certificate that had to be used within 24 months. The FTTF purchased was however 100% refundable.

It is notable however that the passenger info was completely editable on carnival.com. since they were first time cruisers, the VIFP #'s didn't actually belong to a previous cruiser, so I'm not sure if that would have been another work around to change one of the names.

Sorry, I thought I responded to this a long time ago but for whatever reason it didn't post.

They ended up reconciling, doing well, and are going with us on the cruise.

Carnival said they could change one name on the reservation for a service charge, or cancel less the $50 per person service charge and receive a refund, and that would be available in a gift card / certificate that had to be used within 24 months. The FTTF purchased was however 100% refundable.

It is notable however that the passenger info was completely editable on carnival.com. since they were first time cruisers, the VIFP #'s didn't actually belong to a previous cruiser, so I'm not sure if that would have been another work around to change one of the names.

Well alls well that ends well

Friends of ours booked early saver and one person couldn't go. They were told they could do a name change, but I don't remember what the fee was.

Hope the cruise goes well for the reconciled couple.