Would you complain?

megann831

First I'm not sure if wine was replaced or not, if not I would have brought that up to Maitradi(sp?) or head waiter, I would have cut the server some slack, probably, does not know the language, nervous, away from home ect....always best to give people the benefit of the doubt. I had a tray full of dirty dishes and glasses dumped down my back in MDR once, I did receive several apologies but never asked for or wanted anything in return. Life is what you make of it, enjoy its short.

Have you ever dined with a 2 and 4 year old? :D

Yeah. Since they were 2 and 4!

The advice "You end up with what you start" actually worked.

Edited by TPFKAH

Yeah. Since they were 2 and 4!

I hope you'll forgive my skepticism that your 2 and 4 year old would sit quietly through a 1.5 - 2 hour dinner with no distractions. ;)

Edited by gtalum

I hope you'll forgive my skepticism that your 2 and 4 year old would sit quietly through a 1.5 - 2 hour dinner with no distractions.

I've even taken them to the then Supper club at those ages. I'm very proud to have always had people come up to us with compliments. And my mom says the same use to happen to her with the three of us.

I've even taken them to the then Supper club at those ages. I'm very proud to have always had people come up to us with compliments. And my mom says the same use to happen to her with the three of us.

Our daughter is the same, we have always taken her everywhere with us and she's always complimented, but we have always let her color at the table and it will be the same with our boy who's still an infant.

Different parenting styles, I suppose. I'm glad it's worked out for you, though I am still skeptical. :D

Edited by gtalum

Our daughter is the same, we have always taken her everywhere with us and she's always complimented, but we have always let her color at the table and it will be the same with our boy who's still an infant.

Different parenting styles, I suppose. I'm glad it's worked out for you, though I am still skeptical. :D

It is possible although not typical. I was a kid you could take to restaurants without crayons at the table. My sisters were not. LOL

OP, I wonder where the waitress is from? Not all cultures put the same importance on verbal apologies. Also, I can only imagine she was very embarrassed and flustered and probably didn't mean to be rude. It's just one of those little things in life that aren't worth stressing over. :)

Hope the rest of your cruise was awesome! I will be on the Pride in 9 days and 23 hours!

I think you miss my point folks.

Of course you don't complain about an accident like spilling wine! Accidents happen to everyone!

You DO describe the situation and suggest that the person involved be aware that a new glass and new wine and an apology would have been appreciated.

No one is going to be fired in the middle of a cruise for dropping wine but they can be educated about how to handle the situation if it happens again!

Thank you for clarifying, I was confused as to what the issue even was.

However even with the revised post, I don't really see anything worth complaining.

It's not so much a complaint you describe, but rather you want to be the etiquette police.

This isn't kindergarten, you can't force people to apologize to you. Besides, you wrote in the first post that she seemed embarrassed. No need to embarrass her more into giving a forced apology.

Edited by lrowe70

We were on the Pride last week and overall had a nice time. Dinners were tricky, we were traveling with my daughter who had just turned 4 and my son who is almost 2. Every night the table was set for four with the china and 2 glasses for each of us so the 1st thing we did was try to stack things up to make space for the kids so they wouldn't break anything and because they usually wanted to color or something. Kind of annoying, but not a big deal.

I found ordering a drink near impossible. It took forever to get a glass of wine, one night I even had to remind them. I decided to just buy a bottle. As the drink waitress poured my glass, with a full bottle, she dropped the bottle and broke my husband's water glass. I guess she was embarrassed or something. Without a word she picked up the broken glass and left. She didn't apologize, she didn't bring my husband a new water glass, and she did replace any spilt wine. I understand things happen, but I really didn't like how she handled it. On the survey I got I did include this event under things that surprised me in a negative way. Would you take it any further? Would you have said something on board? We're not planning on cruising again any time soon, so it's not like I want an on board credit or discount or anything.

I understand that it would have been difficult to try to do anything about this since you had 2 toddlers to take care of in a fragile environment. That is difficult on a perfect day!

I don't think I would pursue the issue further. It was an unfortunate accident and hopefully no one was cut by the broken glass. The server could have handled it better. Since you did report it on your survey, Carnival will likely address it from there. In my experience with the surveys, Carnival does take notice of passenger comments on the surveys.

As someone else mentioned, it is a good idea to get a drink on your way to the dining room. I do that too sometimes. Slow bar service in the dining room isn't uncommon.

I hope you otherwise enjoyed your cruise.