Adding C&A balcony discount to reservation

Not sure is you can do this online, but you can get it done by calling the Crown & Anchor desk. They have their own number, 1-800-526-9723.

Hopefully you will have a much shorter wait time there.:)

Can I update this online to ensure that our C&A discount is applied? I'm on epic hold for customer service, would be great if I could take care of it myself.

Keep holding. The sale going on is causing long waits but you need to have C&A do the discount. I hope you called C&A direct or your going to end up on hold again when you finally do get a person.

Edited by cruisingsince94

I am currently Diamond and booked a cruise for Oct. 2015 on Liberty. I DID get the $325 balcony discount - and appreciate that. In March of 2015 I will sail on Quantum - after that I will be Diamond Plus. Since final payment not due for my October cruise - will they adjust my balcony discount to $350 the Diamond Plus amount? It is only $25 - but that is $25 I could use for specialty restaurant or something else on ship. Let me know if this was able to be done if any of you had a tier change before your next cruise. Thank you so much!

While you're on hold, why not shoot over to the C&A page. After you log on, you'll be able to click a link for Chat online. (about half way down on left) See if they can help you. Worth a shot and give you something to do while waiting :p

I am currently Diamond and booked a cruise for Oct. 2015 on Liberty. I DID get the $325 balcony discount - and appreciate that. In March of 2015 I will sail on Quantum - after that I will be Diamond Plus. Since final payment not due for my October cruise - will they adjust my balcony discount to $350 the Diamond Plus amount? It is only $25 - but that is $25 I could use for specialty restaurant or something else on ship. Let me know if this was able to be done if any of you had a tier change before your next cruise. Thank you so much!

We were in between booked cruises when we became D and our TA called and had our balcony discount updated after we completed our cruise that made us D. This upcoming cruise in Nov we will be going D+ and we'll just have our TA call and update our next cruise (Nov 2015) that is already booked.

Yes, you can get your discount tier change done very easily. I would wait until at least a week (maybe more), then log in to your my cruises account at RCI and check to see that they have applied the additional points and changed your tier status. You can then call Crown & Anchor and have the additional discount applied.

Well, the hold time wasn't too bad, and well worth it because there's apparently a C&A rate that beat the balcony discount! Discount would have been $100, and the C&A rate saved $137. :D

We were in between booked cruises when we became D and our TA called and had our balcony discount updated after we completed our cruise that made us D. This upcoming cruise in Nov we will be going D+ and we'll just have our TA call and update our next cruise (Nov 2015) that is already booked.

I have gone through this just last week. Please be aware that they have changed the way they do this. If your C&A status changes and you call to have the balcony discount adjusted, they will rebook the cruise at the current rate. That may be higher than the rate that you originally booked. In my case the new rate was $400/person higher. Needless to say I was not happy and had resolutions restore the original rate but lost the increased discount.

I have gone through this just last week. Please be aware that they have changed the way they do this. If your C&A status changes and you call to have the balcony discount adjusted, they will rebook the cruise at the current rate. That may be higher than the rate that you originally booked. In my case the new rate was $400/person higher. Needless to say I was not happy and had resolutions restore the original rate but lost the increased discount.

That really makes no sense as status balcony discount is something we're entitled to, not a special or sale or anything.

If that's what they're doing, there's no way we'll add it because our Nov 2015 cruise is one that we got the BOGOHO sale on and can't possibly get as good a rate as we already have.

Edited by BND

That really makes no sense as status balcony discount is something we're entitled to, not a special or sale or anything.

If that's what they're doing, there's no way we'll add it because our Nov 2015 cruise is one that we got the BOGOHO sale on and can't possibly get as good a rate as we already have.

I agree it makes no sense. However, that is what they are doing since the new reservation system went live. Before they used to apply the discount manually, now the system applies the discount and adjusts the fare to the current fare. This affected 2 of my reservations and I spent a great deal of time arguing that it made no sense with many reps. I should have spent the time talking to the wall as I got nowhere.

Well, the hold time wasn't too bad, and well worth it because there's apparently a C&A rate that beat the balcony discount! Discount would have been $100, and the C&A rate saved $137. :D

good for you. I hate being on hold but if it saves me money I will gladly deal with it. My 30 minute call this am to get a price adjustment on our Nov. 2015 Navigator booking saved us $525.:)

good for you. I hate being on hold but if it saves me money I will gladly deal with it. My 30 minute call this am to get a price adjustment on our Nov. 2015 Navigator booking saved us $525.:)

Completely agree! We upgraded for next to nothing yesterday for next February's Explorer cruise, and decided last night to go ahead and book on Oasis for April 2016 at these awesome rates. I've probably spent an hour on hold over the last two days, but well worth it.