Ocean Suite or Wrap around balcony on Valor

Wrap around or Ocean Suite on Valor  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Wrap around or Ocean Suite on Valor

• Wrap around balcony (aft)
    • Ocean Suite

If price is not a consideration, then the wrap-around.

If price counts then I would stay with my usual standard balcony cabin. I take the L-Shaped ones when I can get them, but they cost the same as the standard.

The suites don't interest me at all. I can't see myself ever paying a lot extra for a little extra room in the cabin.

That huge aft wrap balcony though, I am tempted to book on of those one day!

The Ocean Suites are nice, but the balconies are only 1 1/2 times the size of a regular balcony cabin. Pluses include priority boarding and a full tub/shower, though. We love balconies, so we book aft wraps often. If you want the best of both worlds, though, book an aft wrap on a Spirit-class ship - they're suites as well.:cool:

Edited by nybumpkin

On this ship, with the honeymoon, I think I would go with the suite if it will not hamper all your other honeymoon things/plans/splurges etc..you said this was a part of it..this cruise.

The suite with the biggest tub would be my choice, this is the time to primp and feel special and have a little room...

But the aft wrap would be lovely if you want lots of sun and views from the rear..If it was Spirit class definitely both are great with the rear view.. ..but either suite here has a roomy feel..i think the grand has the largest tub...and both have larger private decks...my opinion...one of many....sarah

Edited by sjn911

The Aft Wrap we had on the Liberty was amazing. I wanted the suite.. but my husband really wanted the aft wrap. I was so glad he got his way!!

We loved the light in the room.. coming from both sides. Loved the private feeling. Loved just laying out there reading, then watching the wake at night.

Thank you all so much! We ended up booking the OS. The wrap around is amazing, and I hope one day in the future we get to experience that cabin. But what it came down to was that this sailing is so port intense that we probably won't get too much use out of the balcony. I would love to upgrade to the GS but for now, we will settle for the OS. Can't wait to sail again. :-)

As someone who has done the aft wrap balcony on the Valor before, I'd choose it every time. I would much rather have that than a little extra room. My hubby & I enjoyed having breakfast out there, lounging out there when we wanted to get away from it all & sitting out there in the evenings was just heavenly. Not to mention, the several parties we had out there. :D

Thank you all so much! We ended up booking the OS. The wrap around is amazing, and I hope one day in the future we get to experience that cabin. But what it came down to was that this sailing is so port intense that we probably won't get too much use out of the balcony. I would love to upgrade to the GS but for now, we will settle for the OS. Can't wait to sail again. :-)

I think that will be both "special", roomy and perfect in saving some money, yet splurging larger balcony and getting a tub, having some extra room and not missing a wrap with so much going on this time, honeymoon and lots of ports!!! Best wishes for your wedding and lovely honeymoon.

Edited by sjn911

We only use our cabin to sleep and shower. Don't really care about extra floor space or a teeny tub so aft wrap all the way!

He made his choice after our comments...think at that point certainly...:)nice to back it up in his thread after he announces it......his honeymoon.

Edited by sjn911

The Ocean Suites are nice, but the balconies are only 1 1/2 times the size of a regular balcony cabin. Pluses include priority boarding and a full tub/shower, though. We love balconies, so we book aft wraps often. If you want the best of both worlds, though, book an aft wrap on a Spirit-class ship - they're suites as well.:cool:

Great advice. The Spirit class aft wrap balcony suites are the best.