Cove Balcony - Dividers

santacap

Yes, certain ones can be opened by the room steward. I have had a friends family twice next to me, once on the magic and once on the dream and both times we had the divider opened. You just have to check to make sure that your cabins are the ones that can open as every third cabin has a metal door that is used to cover the door incase of extreme weather that they will not open for you. we checked with our PVP prior to booking to assure that they could be opened.

Which ones open. We have been on breeze and dream and couldn't have our balconies open in cove rooms. Actually I think u have to have a cabin that is not connected with a door in room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which ones open. We have been on breeze and dream and couldn't have our balconies open in cove rooms. Actually I think u have to have a cabin that is not connected with a door in room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was our experience on the Dream. Booked rooms that adjoined inside the cabin but not adjoining balcony. We changed our booking to have an adjoining balcony instead. We couldn't have a cabin that adjoined inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Regarding connecting rooms/ balconies. It was explained to me by my PVP that if your cabins connect, your balconies will not and vice versa. Its so families can either visit each others room swithout goin out in the hall. If 3 rooms were traveling together and you wanted to travel from room 1 to room 3, you would exit room 1 and enter room 2 thru the connecting door then go onto room 2's balcony and enter room 3 thru the balcony door. Did that make sense. You have to kind of weave thru. We had 3 cabins in a row on the Breeze last September and thats how it worked for us. BTW we loved, loved, loved the coves. Would NEVER book a a balcony on 6,7 or 8. They are way too public. We could see right into peoples cabins on 6 while we were out on the promenade deck. And when we got into the hot tubs out there we were almost eye to eye with those people. Very uncomfortable for all of us. I like to be out on my balcony in my nightgown and that would not be possible for me on decks 6,7 or 8.

Otherwise the ship was fantastic. The coves are cheaper too.

Edited by Boozebabe