Will we ever get a price drop?

Thanks for the explanation.

So if I understand the rules correctly, regardless of the rate category, you're eligible for a price drop before final payment if there is a lower rate you qualify for, but only ES allows for further price drops after final payment?

When we booked NowIsTheTime in Feb, the final payment date was June 5. When we applied for the first $100 price drop last month, what we were doing (without knowing it) was disqualifying ourselves from future price drops. Had we known, we could have chosen to roll the dice, not applied for the price drop, and we would have been able to get the larger drop now (because it would have been before the final payment date), right?

Not all fares give you price drops but most do!

Once past final payment then only Early Saver allows price drops.

So you are correct! when you switched from NITT sale to resident rate you became resident rate conditions and lost your 30 day later final payment date and had to pay in full much earlier.

Carnival plays a bait to switch game, its quite fun to watch:) also when a sale comes up or a price drop the taxes sometimes go up! when the fare increases again the taxes lower again to the original amount! During a sale they also quite often raise the price of the extra per day charge to choose a higher category and then lower it again as soon as the sale is over:)

Also some of the "Now Is The Time Sales" had some Early Saver conditions so you should still call or submit a price drop form as you may well be entitled to drops up until your original final payment date of June 5th.

Good luck and hope you get your drop:)

Keep checking OP. It only takes a minute or two. I check several times a day even though I booked the last cabin in my category, so its been sold out for months. I don't care. I keep checking. And I check for my sister's cabin, which isn't sold out. Yeah we were happy with the price to begin with blah, blah. I would be happiER with some OBC!:D

Good idea to keep checking, even when your category is sold out. Our category was sold out for about a month, then 2 cabins suddenly became available. My guess is that some people upgraded or canceled, giving us the opportunity to take advantage of 2 price drops :D

Our experience:

We booked one year ago.

Prices started dropping for our category about 7 weeks before sailing.

We are now 4 weeks out until our cruise and have $147 in OBC for price drops. Unfortunately, our category is now sold out, and the next one up is more than $1,400 over what we paid.

My advice:

1. Check daily

2. Join the roll call

3. Encourage those on the roll call to report price drops.

This is good advice. While price drops are not predictable, they do seem to come in the last 2 months or so before sail date.

The Summer Sailings Sale ends today so fingers crossed the Fall sale starts tomorrow!

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination 2013

Triumph 2008

Pride 2007

Miracle 2006

Yip the new summer sail offer ends 18 May! Looks like they can't get their ships filled for the summer months. Might be June/July if at all before any sales go live for the end of the year?

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

The prices haven't moved on anything I was looking at for September, including the one I booked (Conquest). So, either all fall sailings are selling extremely well, or there will be a mad dash to fill the fall bookings soon. Last year, the prices dropped a lot earlier (in April) due to all of the bad publicity at the time. Stay tuned.

Looks like all there was is still summer sales this morning. I didn't see any fall promotions yet. :( Maybe someone else will see something I missed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Looks like it has been extended now (with upgrades) until May 18th.

Ok - I did a little digging a found out some interesting information. July cruises (typically the most expensive time of the year outside of NYE or Christmas) on the Conquest are selling for LESS than my mid-September (typically the cheapest time to sell out side of maybe January) cruise. That's insane! That tells me that right now the prices are not being capacity controlled and they are inflating the fall prices in order to fill the summer cruises. So the price drops are coming - just be patient. Or the ships will be empty - no lines would be awesome.

Ok - I did a little digging a found out some interesting information. July cruises (typically the most expensive time of the year outside of NYE or Christmas) on the Conquest are selling for LESS than my mid-September (typically the cheapest time to sell out side of maybe January) cruise. That's insane! That tells me that right now the prices are not being capacity controlled and they are inflating the fall prices in order to fill the summer cruises. So the price drops are coming - just be patient. Or the ships will be empty - no lines would be awesome.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to check this out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Looks like the sale for summer dates has been extended to 31 May!

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006