Could a 2 berth JS really fit 3?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the 2 berth JS cabins on Indy can sleep an extra person on the sofa?

My daughter is in a cabin with my parents as they needed her in with them to be able to book 1400. Could she swap & sleep in with us if we wanted?

Thanks

Depends on how old / big your daughter is. It will not be a pull out Couch in your cabin.

Thanks, my daughter is 9, but a tiny 47lbs. I was hoping the sofa was a sofa bed.

Maybe we should swap with my parents 1400 cabin. That appears to be similar to a JS anyway doesn't it?

Thanks, my daughter is 9, but a tiny 47lbs. I was hoping the sofa was a sofa bed.

Maybe we should swap with my parents 1400 cabin. That appears to be similar to a JS anyway doesn't it?

If your cabin had a Sofa bed it would be marked as such on the deck plan.

Thanks, yes I can see now that it doesn't.

We were in a large ocean view & got a free upgrade to a JS so I never expected her to fit in with us but hoped she could with the upgrade.

Cabin 1400 is almost the same size as a JS but does not have the tub or the walk in closet.

Hi,

Does anyone know if the 2 berth JS cabins on Indy can sleep an extra person on the sofa?

My daughter is in a cabin with my parents as they needed her in with them to be able to book 1400. Could she swap & sleep in with us if we wanted?

Thanks

If a Cabin can't accommodate 3 persons then RCI will not take 3 names on the reservation. If there is no sofa bed or Pullman bed, then they will ring a cot in for the 3rd guest.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You'll just have to talk your parents out of their amazing balcony. What JS are you in?

We are in JS 1678, so the balcony won't be as big as 1400. We booked over a year ago & have since discovered that my parents snoring is pretty unbearable & very much doubt my daughter will be able to sleep. That's the main reason for trying to get her in with us.

Sounds like your cabins are far enough apart that the muster station will become an issue as well - in a case of emergency your daughter would be expected to muster with your parents, not you:(

You can go to guest services and have them change a muster station, as long as there is room.

You can go to guest services and have them change a muster station, as long as there is room.

While that may be true, you won't know until you are on board - could be a big gamble (especially if child is young).

This video I made of 1400 might help you. This is a huge cabin and the sofa does make a bed. My son sitting on it slept on it when we sailed.

Great cabin considering it's a D1! :p

Edited by Esmerelda
video issue