MDR Special Food Entree "Surcharge" Fee

Can anyone who has recently cruised on Explorer of the Seas or any other Royal ship for that matter run into certain entree's they offer for an additional surcharge. If so what entree's or special food items are we talking about. Looking to learn four upcoming cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Can anyone who has recently cruised on Explorer of the Seas or any other Royal ship for that matter run into certain entree's they offer for an additional surcharge. If so what entree's or special food items are we talking about. Looking to learn four upcoming cruise.

Just off Explorer in April. I don't remember all of them but I know there was a Maine Lobster (maybe $29.95), a filet (maybe $14.95...DH says it was more)...there may have been something else. Same offerings every night.

You could search threads on here to look at a menu and you should be able to see them listed on the right side.

It should be noted that there are other offerings (no surcharge) that you can get each night as well, if nothing on the main menu tempts your taste buds: a baked chicken breast, a strip steak, sliders, a pasta. These are also the same every night.

Thanks. If "Chop's" is not offered as a speciality restaurant on Explorer then I guess the $14.95 NY Strip will have to do. Seems a bit steep though.

Thanks. If "Chop's" is not offered as a speciality restaurant on Explorer then I guess the $14.95 NY Strip will have to do. Seems a bit steep though.

The NY strip is free every night in the MDR, the upcharge filet is $14.95, or whatever the current price is