Cabin upgrades

Hi

We are thinking about upgrading our cabin but rccl want $700 just now to do that as they still have cabins for sale - so the wee man On the phone said to wait until on the ship and go to guest relations

Has anyone done this before and if so how much did it cost to upgrade in the ship?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About 2-3 weeks before the cruise some of the good cabins are awarded to Crown & Anchor members. Another portion of those are offered as upsells and upgrades from the revenue department. So whatever is left on the day of board is close to nothing! In recent memory I believe I have always seen a sign that states there are no upgrades available because the ship is sailing at full capacity.

If it hasn't been sold, occasionally they hold Bingo on one of the first few days and the winner gets the Royal Suite. I know they did this on two cruises I have been on in the past. I think they charged $20 per card. My husband was one number away from winning it on our 11-day honeymoon cruise!!!!

About 2-3 weeks before the cruise some of the good cabins are awarded to Crown & Anchor members. Another portion of those are offered as upsells and upgrades from the revenue department. So whatever is left on the day of board is close to nothing! In recent memory I believe I have always seen a sign that states there are no upgrades available because the ship is sailing at full capacity.

If it hasn't been sold, occasionally they hold Bingo on one of the first few days and the winner gets the Royal Suite. I know they did this on two cruises I have been on in the past. I think they charged $20 per card. My husband was one number away from winning it on our 11-day honeymoon cruise!!!!

Could what you say in paragraph one be true for Platinum C&A members who like us have been allocated a guarantee perhaps?

They always tell you to ask onboard and we always are told on board that there is nothing available---even in very off season sailings. I would not count on an chance of an upgrade at the pier or on the ship.

Could what you say in paragraph one be true for Platinum C&A members who like us have been allocated a guarantee perhaps?

For platinum? Virtually no chance at all--though with a gty you just never know. Odds are highest that you will get the lowest category you are promised, but once in a while someone gets a nice treat. We won the upgrade jackpot about a year and a half ago and were assigned an Owner'S Suite when we booked a balcony gty.

There were many good price drops today on your sailing. I'm looking at a D-1 that went from $1231 to $923 (US dollars). What type of cabin are you booked in? Did you check online today as there were drops on all of the following level of cabins: K, Q, N, M, L, G, I, H, E3, E2, E1, D3, D2, D1, JrSuite, Grand, Owners, and RS.

Please check as soon as you can! : ) Wishing you nothing but the best! : )

Edited by Esmerelda

Since you're past final payment, the only option to not spend another dime would be to "upgrade" to any cabin where the current advertised cost is less than what you already paid. This definitely happens a lot, you just have to check.

So if you paid $3,500 for a D5 balcony and now junior suites are going for $3,400, you can upgrade for "free" though you won't get any refund.

Caveat - sometimes they specify that the advertised price is for new bookings only.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Hi

Will call them tomorrow and see what they say again - we are in an outside room at the moment

You would be smarter to look online and if there is a price that works (see the post above mine wor what you can do--I am assuming that works the same for you as it does for US; Canadian and Geran bookings--all of which are as the pp desrcibes).

If you see something that would allow you to upgrade at no additional cost (or for a small enough price you are willing to do it), put it on a 24 hour courtesy hold and then when you call tomorrow that price will still be there ;)

Ahh yes I see what you mean

I'm not sure we can do that in the uk?

I would think you can. We can do it in Germany on the German site. Just make sure you are pricing things logged into the same country that you booked through.

I totally agree with the other poster, put the cabin you want on a 24 hour hold so it will be there tomorrow when you call. It will also lock the price with the cabin you are holding. It never hurts to try!

Sending good thoughts your way! :D

We are the same ship on the 14th of June, I see that there are 11 Junior Suites left, so am keeping my fingers crossed that the upgrade fairy "visit's" (yeah like that's going to happen)........:(

• 3 weeks later...

Not wanting to start a separate thread I figured I'd hijack the latest one about cabin upgrades.

I'm looking to book the Legend TA on 9/7 from Hambug. Hamburg is not the start of the TA, Oslo 2 days later is. The Hamburg to Oslo leg is part of another Norway cruise from Oslo. There are plenty of insides available from Hamburg but no ocean view cabins. But, there are ocean view cabins from Oslo onward. Has anyone upgraded part of cruise like this?