Pool noise and scraping deck chairs

A&G

I got to thinking about this whole noise issue. You know you're on a ship and it's kind of like a floating hotel. You're going to hear some noise from time to time. It's not a private home. On the other hand it's not like my last apartment 8 years ago. Even though it was brand new and supposedly "state of the art" for privacy (they made a big issue out of their sound proofing) I remember often thinking the people above me dribbled bowling balls around for exercise. :eek: I've never experience anywhere close to that kind of noise on a ship and I've been in just about every potential noise situation from right under the pool area to "above the props". Give me the gentle rolling of a ship and a good bed and I'd sleep through a concert above me. :)

We just returned from the British Isles cruise - Constellation cabin 9075.

As best as we could figure - we were at the edge of the pool area - could hear noise when on the veranda:( - but not in the cabin.:)

We moved more midship for our next cruise - Millenium cabin 9097, transatlantic - we spend more time on the veranda on sea days -

too many days to Cruise Heaven:mad:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just back from Summit and I can report that there is some noise but not too bad. Certainly some scraping and banging on occasions but not enoutgh to spoil the cruise. What we did not like was the large overhang. We could not see the tops of mountains while cruising the inside passage and the overhang got in the way of photographs, especially the struts supporting the overhang. My recoomendation is to get a CC cabin on a lower deck.

Alan

We have a room on deck 9 on Summit. What is your experience please with pool noise (slashing water) and scraping deck chair noise from above?

Thanks

Alan

A few years ago, we were in category 1A - 9079 which is below the pool. We like to sleep with our balcony door open and the sound of the ocean, which is very comforting to me, helped to minimize the noise above us. The only time it really posed a problem was when people decided to "party" by the pool late at night.

Archived