Pool noise and scraping deck chairs

A&G

Eeeeks!!! What have we done. The reason for the late move to 9056 is because we had a vista deck room with a connecting door to the the next cabin. We heard they can be noisy......so question please.....stay with 9056 or go back to 7078 with the inter connecting door? Which room may/would be noisier...or which noise would you prefer?

Alan

{Quote}We have a room on deck 9 on Summit. What is your experience please with pool noise (slashing water) and scraping deck chair noise from above?

Alan

Where do you see a room #????? Are you Carnack???? This is what I was answering to, not what you are. Deck 9 is a big place........

That's nice, but has nothing to do with the OP's question!

Alan, 9056 IS directly under the deck where they move all the chairs around, however, it has been our experience that they move them in the early evening & have them straightened up before most people retire for the evening. You could possibly experience some noise in the mornings if people are up there staking out their chair for the day and you are a late sleeper! I don't think it will be a huge problem though!

I don't know if you're interested but there still seems to be quite a few CC's left on this trip so you could prob move again. I just put in a couple of numbers from the deck plan into the X site and it says 9175 is available which doesn't have an interconnecting door and is at the Waterfall Cafe end. Now I haven't studied the plans to carefully, but why not try looking at the deck plans and punching a few numbers in of the cabins you like the location of to see if they're available? I know it's a painstaking exercise, but that's how we picked ours. There are also a couple of FV's left in you fancy a super huge cabin and the price increase isn't that much either. Or at least it isn't in £ sterling, that's why we switched.

PS - I posted this on our roll call thread as well by mistake - oops!

Eeeeks!!! What have we done. The reason for the late move to 9056 is because we had a vista deck room with a connecting door to the the next cabin. We heard they can be noisy......so question please.....stay with 9056 or go back to 7078 with the inter connecting door? Which room may/would be noisier...or which noise would you prefer?

Alan

Alan, personally speaking I wouldn't book an adjoining cabin. It really does depend on your neighbours and you may have no issues at all, but if you don't smoke and they do (and vice versa of course;)) from what I have read here on the boards, you will smell it in the adjoined cabin. Ali's suggestion is a good one. It may take a bit of time putting the cabin numbers in to see what's available, but worth it.

MACOP, Alan had already posted he was in 9056, so your post about your 9201 home away from home has no relevance, IMO.

Phil

You guys are making me feel bad, I've never been in an aft cabin! :( Don't you feel sorry for me now? I don't know if I'll make it through the day, I'd better go book another cruise to make myself feel better!!:D

OH well, I do have friends who hopefully will let me visit theirs, right guys.....................I said right guys? Yoo hoo anybody home?:D

Terri

Maybe we strayed since the original post was asked, answered & done with! I don't feel we need reprimanding, but thanks anyway! :)

It's just that, with the boards acting up the way they are it seems to take forever to get to the end of a long thread. And for those of us in a cabin beneath the pool area for the first time, we're very interested in further comments on the original subject.

And once again, I will say, yes, there will be SOME noise, depending on YOUR personal tolerance to noise & the ability to tune it out or sleep through it, it will or will NOT be a problem! Unfortunately, this is a VERY subjective issue!

Gail, I would go with both Chardonnay & Merlot! ;)

Let's see, to put this back on track, we stayed in 9156. Which is an aft cabin and kind of sounds like 9056, don't you think?? Anyways, you could hear chairs scraping all day long from the outside grill just above us. Really no big deal, it just made me spend more time at the pool, enjoying those 5 for the price of 4 beer specials. I perfer Merlot to White Zin, thanks. Or better yet, any Martini!!! :)

Hi Rosie,

Yep, you are so right!!! The corner FVs are "My Home Away From Home!!!" :) Just pointing out that you can hear the chairs scraping and, if you go out to the edge of the balcony, people are always looking down at you (9156). It did not bother us in the least and made for some great conversations with the folks at the tables above us. :D Next up, 8181 and 7202.

Archived