Pool noise and scraping deck chairs

A&G

We have a room on deck 9 on Summit. What is your experience please with pool noise (slashing water) and scraping deck chair noise from above?

Thanks

Alan

We were upgrade to deck 9 (Cat 1A) on the Infinity a couple of years ago. Our cabin was at forward end of the pool area. Since we were rarely in the cabin during the day, the noise was not a problem. BUT, in the early morning we were bothered by noise from towel carts and deck chairs being moved around by the pool crew. In the evenings you can hear people walking above, particularly women in heels. If you like an afternoon nap on "at-sea" days, you'll probably have a problem if you are located under the pool deck area.

CaptainG

we got upgraded to 9099 from the deck below :mad: started each morning very early with the hot tub kicking on and off. Then kids running on the deck above. (boom, boom, boom) The deck is heavy metal and sound vibrates and carries over the cieling of your cabin. As to going forward or aft? For me, still not an option because of the over hang on the balcony that made me feel like I was in a cave. :( We were on the Milli's second week out. First in her class. I believe these negatives is what brought about the CC class about a year later.

We have been under the pool area and found it noisy. I would not book another cabin under the pool area. However, I would book a canin underneath The Waterfall Cafe and heard nothing. The cafe is fully carpetted.

Thanks to all....SOUNDS like a problem :eek: Rosie, we are in 9056. To me it does not appear to be directly under the pool or a hot tub. What do you think?

Alan

We were in 9060. Two doors down. Our cabin was just about under the small shop on the opposite side of the ship from the pool bar. I looks like a little circular thing on the deck plans. 9056 looks like its about at the doorway to the Aquaspa. I think they were rolling towel carts out of the area between the pool area and spa cafe.

Personally, the only cabins I would consider on Deck 9 would be under the forward portion of the Seaside Cafe. The area above is carpeted.

CaptainG

We are in 9201 (AFT CC)

That's nice, but has nothing to do with the OP's question!

Alan, 9056 IS directly under the deck where they move all the chairs around, however, it has been our experience that they move them in the early evening & have them straightened up before most people retire for the evening. You could possibly experience some noise in the mornings if people are up there staking out their chair for the day and you are a late sleeper! I don't think it will be a huge problem though!

and have no complaints with our home away from home with the best view on the ship. We have fallen asleep for the night out there.............

What's that got to do with anything? They're not on the aft, they're under the pool/aquaspa area. Awe, read the previous posts before answering.

Garry

Hi,

We were in CC 9094 (granted, precisely midship) this past May and had absolutely no problem with noise -- despite everything posted on these boards to the contrary regarding the majority of deck 9 staterooms.

Please, no flaming, I'm just trying to inject a personal perspective. FWIW, I'm thinking that in many instances one must gauge their own sensitivity to noise. We were under an area of pool deck heavy traffic -- people walking through, chairs at tables, etc. But we were not bothered by the 'noise'. I simply didn't hear any, nor did my partner who does tend to focus on sounds.

Enjoy the perks of your CC stateroom, the attention of your room steward, and have a magnificent cruise vacation!!

CM

We were in 1057 on the Galaxy and didn't hear much from above us. I deliberately picked a cabin that was toward the rear of the pool area on the port side and not under the grill. As I remember my decision was based on a review of the Galaxy and cabin 1054 which is on the starboard side and the reviewer commenting about hearing fairly constant though not particularly disturbing foot steps above them all the time.

I know you have had a rough year. I hope things smooth out for you now. Have a think about 2007. It's a long way off, but we have planned a Southern Caribbean cruise on Constellation in March. I hope we get to meet up with you at some stage anyway. October is fast approaching for us. Can't believe that will be nearly a year since Galveston.:eek:

Phil

Planning for and going on the Galaxy was without doubt our best cruise...outside of our honeymoon cruise. :) We're totally sold on Celebrity and want to cruise with them again.....maybe 2007? Initially we thought we'd skip cruising in 2006 and do a land based vacation on one of the islands but as you can see that fell through and we're back to cruising. Volendam was chosen because of cost, timing, and itinerary. Secondly, my minor in college was archeology with particular interest in ancient Egypt and the Tut exhibit is going to be in Ft Lauderdale when we cruise so we're staying a couple of days extra on the backside to go to the exhibit. Any ideas on what you might be looking at for 2007? I'm not that far yet. Mrs. K kind of likes to take one cruise at a time for some reason. :rolleyes:

I know you have had a rough year. I hope things smooth out for you now. Have a think about 2007. It's a long way off, but we have planned a Southern Caribbean cruise on Constellation in March. I hope we get to meet up with you at some stage anyway. October is fast approaching for us. Can't believe that will be nearly a year since Galveston.:eek:

Phil

Hi Phil !

If you book Constellation for March 2007, please let me know. We will probably book that in March 2007 as well. It would be great to meet you !

Some have recommended staying further back under the Cafe (carpeted) but has anyone ever stayed in the cabins where people above you in the cafe can look down on your veranda through those glass holes in the floor? I think that would be a little creepy to see shoes and legs above me.

Phil

Phil, you have Hawaii on the Summit in March. The Connie cruise isn't until March of 2006. Got you!!!

36_12_6.gif

Garry

Randy and Andy, I've booked 23rd March 2007 Connie 10 night S Caribbean from FLL with some others from the boards and there is a roll call going already. Have a think. It would be great to meet!:)

Phil

I'm on that one too. I hope you guys both decide to come along, we've got a great group going.

Terri

We were in 1057 on the Galaxy and didn't hear much from above us. I deliberately picked a cabin that was toward the rear of the pool area on the port side and not under the grill. As I remember my decision was based on a review of the Galaxy and cabin 1054 which is on the starboard side and the reviewer commenting about hearing fairly constant though not particularly disturbing foot steps above them all the time.
So if we have cabins 1117 & 1121 on the Galaxy are we going to get noises from above courtesey of the Oasis Cafe?

Archived