Celebrity Military Discount

Oxo

To further clarify my position with the Military Discount I am providing the additional information for those who maybe interested.

When my TA called Celebrity and talked to them about the Military Discount I was also on the line in this 3-way conversation. So, my TA did not do anything without my knowledge. I even talked to the Celebrity rep on the phone.

I had an Open Booking and then found this cruise months ago and had an Celebrity OBC of $200. When I checked the price a couple of days ago, I found that Celebrity was offering a Military Discount for this same cruise. So, I called my TA who in-turn called Celebrity to ask them about the Military Discount. The discussion all 3 of us had on the phone was in reference to the Military Discount and how it would affect my booking, OBC, etc.

Again, my initial OBC from Celebrity was $200, however, if I took the Military Discount of $40/passenger, the OBC would be reduced to $100. A $20 loss of OBC. So, in reality, this is not a true Military Discount. JMHO!

Nowhere do I see any mention of the Military Discount not being able to be applied and reducing my OBC which is normally determined by the number of days the cruise is. Did I miss that somewhere in the Open Booking letter?

This is an excerpt from my Celebrity Passages Open Passage Booking Confirmation Letter Celebrity Passages Confirmation - Guest Copy dated Issue Date: 15 SEP 2013. I have deleted on two things: Reservation Id and Address.

'REMARKS

Traveling with booking numbers(s):

This purchase is governed by the terms and conditions of the Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract. A copy is available online at http://www.celebritycruises.com. ·

Non-refundable payment will be applied to actual ship, sailing date and category, when selected. ·

The spelling of the guest(s) name above must match their proof of identification during ship check-in formalities. ·

Travel agent commission will be assigned on the actual ship, sailing date and category is selected. ·

For airline reservations, please visit http://www.choiceair.com ·

Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value on $50-$200 per stateroom. Onboard credit value is based on length of voyage and will be assigned with in two business ·

day after the ship and sailing date is selected. Onboard credit only applies to the guest stateroom listed on this confirmation. Guest forfeits the onboard credit if booking

cancels.

Shipboard credits are not applicable for Xpedition bookings. ·

Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Passages™Terms and Conditions

Open Passages program enrollment provides guests with an onboard credit for use on a future cruise; enrollment does not guarantee stateroom or sailing availability or cruise

price, which are determined at the time of booking. To enroll in the Open Passages Program, guest must book an Open Passage and pay a $100 per person non-refundable

deposit; an additional deposit applies to suite categories when redeemed for a Reserved Passage. International deposit amounts may vary.

Amount of onboard credit ranges from $50-$200 USD per stateroom and is determined at time of booking based on length of sailing (minimum 4 night sailing) and category of

stateroom/suite; see insert for onboard credit amounts. Maximum one onboard credit per stateroom to be applied to the future cruise.

Program offer applies to price programs that begin with FST, LOY, TR, GRPX. Program offer excludes all other price programs and discounted rates, including, but not limited to,

Exciting Deals, category specials, category guarantee rates, Reduced Air, Interline, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates. Single occupancy guests and cruise

portion of Cruise Tours are eligible for offers. Onboard credit has no cash value, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise.

Open Passage account/booking does not expire and is not applicable to certain restricted fares. Up to three (3) Open Passages future cruises may be booked (back-to-back

sailings require one booking for each cruise to be reserved). Open Passages are transferable to other guests.

Open Passage is combinable with one additional offer of your choice at time of booking the specific ship and departure date. Program applicable to new individual Celebrity

Cruises bookings made on or after August 1, 2013. Reservations may be transferred into non-contracted groups. Individual enrollment may be converted and applied to a group

booking.

Your Open Passage booking will be attributed to the travel partner associated with your current cruise booking. However, if you wish to have your booking reflect an alternative

arrangement, please indicate this by marking the corresponding box on the Open Passages booking form.

Please see your Future Cruise sales team for details. Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors,

inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time wi thout prior notice. ©2013 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and

Ecuador.

Important Information

http://www.celebritycruises.com 2 of 3

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Celebrity Passages Confirmation - Guest Copy

Issue Date: 15 SEP 2013

General Information

CERTIFIED VACATION PLANNER Reservation ID: xxxxxxx (Group ID Not Applicable) Sailing Date: TBA

Attn: SLOCSI3GALYNA Package Type: Cruise Only Cruise Duration: TBA

8008597225 Ship: CELEBRITY PASSAGES Booking Date: 15 SEP 2013

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx Departure Date: TBA

UNITED STATES Itinerary : TBA

Stateroom: TBA

Restrictions: On-board Booking

Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the required travel documents you will be asked to provide prior to boarding the ship. It is the ·

guest's responsibility to obtain all valid travel documents for their vacation.

Protect your investment by securing our Vacation Protection Plan. Cruise Care provides coverage for trip interruption, independently booked air, accident ·

and sickness medical benefits, evacuation, baggage and protection and much more. For detailed information on our ‘ Vacation Protection Plan’ ,

please visit http://www.celebritycruises.com.

Due to new government regulations, Guests must be checked-in and onboard no later than 90 minutes prior to the sailing time or they will not be ·

permitted to sail. To expedite boarding, check-in online at http://www.celebritycruises.com/online check-in . This is available 24 hours after final payment

has been made and up to three (3) days prior to sailing, not including the day of sailing.

Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement on all guests if the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65.00 per barrel. ·

The fuel supplement for 1st and 2nd guests would be no more than $10 per guest per day, to a maximum of $140 per cruise; and for additional guests

would be no more than $5 per person per day, to a maximum of $70 per cruise.

Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of final payment period and the booking is not

paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. Guests wishing to

transfer their reservation to a travel agency must submit their request in writing utilizing our authorization transfer form found on our consumer website. The

form must be completed and signed by one of the direct guests on the reservation and faxed or mailed to Sales Administration for processing. The fax number

and address can be found on the form.'

This might be it

Program offer applies to price programs that begin with FST, LOY, TR, GRPX. Program offer excludes all other price programs and discounted rates, including, but not limited to,

Exciting Deals, category specials, category guarantee rates, Reduced Air, Interline, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates.

This might be it

Exciting Deals, category specials, category guarantee rates, Reduced Air, Interline, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates.

Yes, that maybe it. I guess that that statement is so vague it may apply to anything.

Bottom line, I am whole as I did not loose anything. I was just trying to let others know that they should be careful. Maybe I should have detailed all of the facts to begin with. However, I tried to simplify it and it caused too much backlash.

Thanks for your input.

The reason I was asking about dates is that before August 2013 the certificates weren't combinable with another offer, yours is after that date and the key phrase is this

Open Passage is combinable with one additional offer of your choice at time of booking the specific ship and departure date.

However I think Christine may have found out the problem with what she posted.

It may be worth your TA giving Celebrity a ring again just to ask about the combinable offer Celebrity are notorious for giving one answer one minute and a different one the next depending on who you speak to. :eek:

The reason I was asking about dates is that before August 2013 the certificates weren't combinable with another offer, yours is after that date and the key phrase is this

Open Passage is combinable with one additional offer of your choice at time of booking the specific ship and departure date.

However I think Christine may have found out the problem with what she posted.

It may be worth your TA giving Celebrity a ring again just to ask about the combinable offer Celebrity are notorious for giving one answer one minute and a different one the next depending on who you speak to. :eek:

Thank you for your replies. Yes, Celebrity does have different answers from day to day.