mlkmnsgrl

Ah ha - the connection - - -

So I gather you are going to fly from Seattle to Anchorage to take the SB

trip on the NCL SUN. ?

Weather not interfering you will enjoy your trip no matter what cabin you

are in - you can always move about the ship for a better viewing angle of

anything that catches your interest.

I have done the Alaska trip three times - SB Carnival Spirit and SB NCL SUN

and in between these a Holland-America Seattle round trip.

Even if you do not have shore excursions planned get off the ship at every

port to stretch your legs and see the local fare from a different point of view.

Affordable ?!? at Skagway take the White Pass and Yukon trip to the top of the

Canadian border summit - personal highly recommended trip.

At Juneau if you can afford it $25 a person take a tram ride to the top of Mount

Roberts for a view that is awesome of Juneau.

More expensive tours out to the Mendenhall Glacier are worthwhile also.

Icy Point Straight - while expensive the Zip Line is the only real exhilarating activity.

A 1300 foot drop at 60 mph over a mile long zip line. For a more

sedate time visit the free Salmon cannery exhibit next to the tender wharf.

Ketchikan walk about into town find the wooden walkway by Dolly's 'Red Light'

house and following the wooden walkway along the stream where spanning

salmon are visible.

And where ever you go don't forget the CAMERA to come back and review the

places visited and the memories !

Aren't you excited - I am for you and the others yet to take the trip !

Excursion wise we are whale watching with fishes Floyd in isp as a major splurge and then going to Emerald Lake with Dyea Dave. Might do .mt Roberts if it's clear but we're not booking anything else ahead of time...well besides the shuttle to whittier which we consider a tour even though it's the direct without stops.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

A quick run through for the 16 June

Suites gone

very few minis

enough balconies to consider monitoring closely

OV monitor

loads of insides so chance of a bargain if thinking of booking.

I Would expect the OV and balcony to fluctuate as people upgrade, there is also the B2B factor if the prices drop people might add a cruise.

The price drop monitoring site shows there have been 5 drops this month on balcony GTY already so watch every day(more than once) to see if there are any more.

Looking at the previous date(2June) the BX price dropped to $649 OX $449 so those are the targets for this one.

Now the cabin availability

Insides,

I1 15+

IA 15+

IB 4

IC 5

ID 15+

IE 4

IF 3

Ocean view

OD GTY

OE GTY

OF 15+

OG 15+

OK 8

Balcony

BD GTY

BC GTY

BB 15+

BA 15+

B3 5

B2 14

mIni

MB 6

suite

NONE

We are in Canada and are unable to check on NCL web site re availability. Would you mind checking for NCL Star September 22 sailing out of Copenhagen? I would like to know how many cabins still available for each type. Thanks!

We are in Canada and are unable to check on NCL web site re availability. Would you mind checking for NCL Star September 22 sailing out of Copenhagen? I would like to know how many cabins still available for each type. Thanks!

Try this link(try a private browser session if it does not work )

http://www.ncl.co.uk/booking.php?stage=sailing_details&offer_id=116955

My parents went to Alaska last year with a picture window. Room said they didn't like it. It's daylight most of the "night" and the sun kept them awake loved Alaska said if they go back it would be a inside cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, I just read the price drop battle and now I'm a little scared of cc. :confused: But y'all are the experts and I'm the tight budgeted first time cruiser.

We booked a last minute Alaska southbound on the Sun that leaves in 34 days. Got an amazing deal on inside guaranty, but as I keep reading about only booking the cat you're happy with, I also keep seeing that with a price drop 4 days ago, we'd only pay $60 total to upgrade to an obstructed view guaranty.

I'm inclined to go for it, but my ta talked to ncl and she said she recommends waiting in case it drops again. How long do I wait, though? Maybe until 2 weeks out and then upgrade if it's still available? Do you think that the ncl rep was trying to say that there are plenty of stateroom left to sell on this sailing, so prices are bound to drop more?

What do you think?

It is always a gamble: you can wait and maybe lose out altogether or you can upgrade and know you will, at least have a view. I know some stress the wonders of a balcony. We usually do balconies, but are leaning more and more toward just outside cabins. The balconies are not all that large, you are sailing in mid June which could still be on the chilly side and there are lots of places on the ship to get a good view. Our last cruise we didn't use our balcony all that much. We were too busy with ship activities and port tours.

Edited by newmexicoNita