Xpress Pass Fiasco, help

kente

:mad: We are sailing on the Constellation on 9/22/05. I filled out all of my information on line and cannot print an Xpress Pass. Even though I get green checks in the first three categories, it always says not available when I try to print. I have called Celebrity twice and got switched to about 6 different people, none of whom could help me. Anyone have any ideas.

Have you scrolled all the way through the contract for every person who is sailing? It won't let you print the xpress pass unless you have "read" through the contract and acknowledged it. Also - I understand that the Xpress passes may not be available yet for Constellation cruises.......

Sorry you're still having problems, the only other advise I have is to keep trying. Last week I was getting the express pass unavailable message too, this morning it finally let me print it out for my Oct 17 Galaxy transatlantic cruise.

Terri

I'm having trouble too and I'm on an IBM-compatible computer with Internet Explorer as my browser. I click on accept for the contract (after scrolling all the way down) and when I save & continue it reflects I haven't completed my contract. Then I do it again but only click on 1 of two pax go thru the whole routine and it still doesn't work. What's up???

I received this response from Celebrity. Apparently, my TA has "group" of cabins on this cruise, therefore I am part of a group.

Thank you for your inquiry. Your booking is part of a group. The group

has not been released yet. Try again after 8/22/05 which is month

before your cruise. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises

Technical Support

I'm glad you were finally able to print your express pass. I don't understand the message you got from Celebrity though. I'm part of a group on my October 17 cruise on Galaxy, but I was able to print out my express pass before you were and my cruise is after yours. OH well, at least it all worked out.

Terri

I have had the same problem with my online documentation for an October 5th cruise on the Constellation. I can only complete the personal information. I posted a thread and received many suggestions but none worked- although I did scroll through the entire contract. When I called Celebrity, they said the system was new and had glitches. They said it was early and to try again in a week or so. Since it isn't crucial to boarding, I'm not getting "crazy" over it but it is frustrating. I have a Dell computer.

Susan

So far I have found the Xpress Boarding pass feature to be the worst designed website software I have ever come across. This is from a software professional.

I would step back one level and suggest their complete on-line registration experience is an embarrassment to Celebrity and an insult to their customers.

1. We are Elite members of Celebrity and have an on-line profile. In this profile they have you Captains Club Number, Your Name, Your Address etc.etc.

2. When you initially log on to Pre-Sail Registration you have to physically re-enter all of this information.

3. We have 3 cruises booked and can only get one cruise each registered on our profiles.

4. When you attempt to get an Xpress Boarding pass we can only access it from one of our accounts. Once we get to the page that allows you to enter the Xpress Boarding what do they do ? You have to manually re-enter all your details again.

5. Finally when you get all the information entered and all the green checks are in place you go to print your Pass and ... ERROR... Can not process.

6. A couple hours late I come back and attempt again and now can only get the preliminary page where you enter your passport information.

:confused: :confused:

We have 3 cruises booked and can only get one cruise each registered on our profiles.

:confused: :confused:

You're one up on me though. I also have 3 cruises booked with Celebrity, but when I go into My Reservations it tells me I don't have any reservations. I can click on the inter reservation info button and once I put in the information it will pull up, but the next time I go to the site it's back to You have no current reservations". It gets frustrating.

Terri

I have a dell with IE on it. I was not able to print the xpress pass but my husband was able to doit on his computer at work. anyone having a problem might want to try a different computer if the problem persists.

Don't hold your breathe waiting for the email. I have been waiting for 3 weeks. Yikes! I tried again & got the same response. I too have a dell w/ie at work. Guess I'll try from home. This trip is a surprise for DH, so it is hard to do at home without him walking in & seeing. Ugh!

jelonergan - I am on the same sailing. From what I hear they are rolling out the Xpress ship by ship. The Constellation is not yet able to be checked in. It has been frustrating as yesterday I got to the Check In and filled out all the information only to say it could not print the boarding pass. Today when I tried it disappeared totally and I just got those three blocks for Pre-Sailing Documentation.

I have been very unempressed with Xpress so far, but maybe it is just me being impatient. Why I need my Xpress Boarding Pass 28 days prior to sailing is beyond me. :) They must be doing something as tonight I can't even see my reservations. I figure I will give it another try in a week.

I think mmp13 is correct. The Connie is currently in Europe. My cruise 9/10/05 which departs Dover is still not available for XpressPass. Possibly there are arrangements / coordination with UK / European authorities that are delaying the roll out. Just a guess!

Archived