Chef's Table Question

gbphatcat

I have checked the disabled cruisers thread and did not find an answer so i am asking here has anyone tried the Chef's Table as a diabetic, i did it once before i was diagnosed and i know its alot of food Do they make substitutions on anything or any other tips or should i just avoid it and just eat in the MDR where i can monitor what i am eating thanks for your replies:)

I have checked the disabled cruisers thread and did not find an answer so i am asking here has anyone tried the Chef's Table as a diabetic, i did it once before i was diagnosed and i know its alot of food Do they make substitutions on anything or any other tips or should i just avoid it and just eat in the MDR where i can monitor what i am eating thanks for your replies:)

The only advice I can give is that after sailing up for CT we were visited at our table the evening before and asked about restrictions on foods. I am not sure how that would apply from a diabetic perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just eat in moderation. Skip the bread or just take a taste. I forgot to ask for an alternate dessert but after a few tastes, I was too full to eat it anyway. Exercise a little extra the day of and the day after. I've decided that taking a taste can be satisfying. Feeling deprived leads to eating too much of "bad" food. Savvoorrr that taste. LOL

Edited by libtrek

They do ask about allergies, though I don't recall if they asked for specific diets or restrictions. They probably did.

Just so you know: It is A LOT of food and unlimited drinks.

I have some photos and I think maybe the menu posted in my review below. Look it over or do other searches online to see if it's something you can do and maintain good health.

They will make substitutions. I had a lady sitting next to me who didn't like fish and they brought her chicken. It was all worked out prior and I don't know exact how she did it. But it was only because she didn't like something not due to a more important issue like yours, so I am sure they will work with you.

My husband is Type 2 and does CT, just in moderation and like a prior person said, skip the bread. You know your diet and after talking to them, I am sure they can work something out for you. This one will be our 5th CT. Enjoy!

thanks everyone i have decided to forgo the Chef's Table since i am doing the steakhouse one night during my cruise, and use that money for the behind the fun tour, I did the Chef's table on my first cruise before i was diagnosed and enjoyed it alot, thanks for your responses though :)