!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Thats easy ,ALLURE.

For this particular cruise I would say Breeze as there was never a wait for anything or for us at least, however the ship was not sailing full I believe and if it was I can't imagine how much easier any other ship or line could of been better.

Hi Gambee.

Thanks for your review. I just want to say one thing...

With the popularity that you enjoy from your reviews, you DO know that you may have missed your calling...right? You need to be in the cruise review industry and make money at it!!:p

Subscribed....wonderful pictures! This is the first review of yours that I've read...will check out the others...sounds like your Mom is a lucky person to have you for a son:):):)

Maybe its the other way around ;), I am lucky to have her.

Hi Gambee.

Thanks for your review. I just want to say one thing...

With the popularity that you enjoy from your reviews, you DO know that you may have missed your calling...right? You need to be in the cruise review industry and make money at it!!:p

It's never too late to make changes in your life, currently working on several projects :)

Then we decided to head to hemingway's house, this was the first time I did this activity. As you know I am not one for museums and I tend to steer away from them as I find them boring. But mom wanted to check it out and we had plenty of time available.

We decided to tour the house by our selves, mainly because my aunt has very limited english and we did not want her to feel out of place. OMG there were so many cats there, later on we learned that all the cats are descendants of his other cats. There were about 45-50 cats in the property and the cats are 6 fingered cats. I guess I have to do some more research on this, but I am just sharing the pictures here so you can enjoy them.

Day2-141_zps225ecbbc.jpg

Day2-143_zpsa031768e.jpg

The gave us these before leaving the conservatory. Ummmmm yeah, that did not last long there. I actually gave it to my mom.

Day2-144_zps7d56f3d3.jpg

Day2-146_zpse12a52da.jpg

I also loved that house and really got a good feeling there too...but then again I love cats...there was one sleeping between the pillows in that same bedroom I think...hubs thought it was not a real cat...but it was...that was one of our favorite places in Key West.

And more cats!

Day2-190_zpsd5e396f2.jpg

They were all very friendly, they love being petted.

Day2-192_zps2d18d668.jpg

And more cats!

Day2-193_zps4cebf3f1.jpg

His wife build this pool because she was mad at him for taking off with his mistress. To this day this is the largest privately owned pool in key west.

Day2-195_zps37495557.jpg

Day2-197_zps136fa133.jpg

Day2-200_zps03c16489.jpg

And a lot of the items in the store feature cats, they had some really neat ones. My aunt's son loves cats, I think she bought him a couple of things.

Day2-202_zps56a67107.jpg

Day2-203_zpsadff3feb.jpg

This was the studio, it was located on top of what is now the store.

Day2-204_zps6b1862b1.jpg

Day2-205_zpsa4d86101.jpg

Day2-207_zpsba605fa4.jpg

Day2-212_zps4cdbb0b8.jpg

Those cats live like kings!

I just noticed that, lol.

Day2-217_zps6b00e0a0.jpg

Here you can see that they have 6 fingers.

Day2-222_zpsa0d7b671.jpg

Anyway, I am not much of a Hemingway fan. But I learned that he had sort of a dark past and eventually took his life.

You can also have your wedding reception there in the middle of 50 cats :D

Day2-220_zps72bb296f.jpg

I had a good time, but I m sure his book fans will appreciate this tour a lot more than I did. My mom used to be a huge fan and enjoyed being there more than I did. Then again I am not a big fan of museums anyway, I will admit that my favorite part of the house were all the cats. They were so friendly and cute.

So after that we left and started walking in Duval street, if you’re not familiar this is where all the stuff happens in Key West. A lot of stores, bars and restaurants. My mom purchased a couple of things, I am not big on shopping but I was able to stay busy taking pictures while they shopped.

Day2-234_zps194bf0dc.jpg

This store was all about Key Lime products.

Day2-235_zps17cb84ef.jpg

I am sure everyone knows this by now, but for those who don't. Key West is a very gay town, funny enough I have been there for any of their pride events. Actually I have never to any pride parade ever, lol. Not my thing I guess.

Day2-240_zps6b4c2609.jpg

Day2-241_zpsac4039b1.jpg

Day2-245_zps5285b256.jpg

Day2-247_zps7dd08e96.jpg

They had amazing art work here.

Day2-249_zps6195fb17.jpg

Day2-250_zps4a7f64d4.jpg

I feel in love with that sting ray, but I knew not to even ask for the price. The entire store looked very pricey.

Day2-251_zpscd662dc6.jpg

Key west has the oldest running theater or something like that. I remember reading something like that on trip advisor, but not even sure if its this one.

Day2-252_zps709d5755.jpg

I took this one form the middle of the street :D

Day2-253_zps9def5bac.jpg

Then mom noticed the restaurant that she had dinner the night before, it was all covered with dollar bills that past costumers had stapled on the walls. I asked her how the food was and she said it was good. Since it was getting close to noon I asked them if they wanted to grab a bite and they agreed, so we decided to head in and ask for a table.

Service was good, friendly and fast. The food was just ok, I got the grouper sandwich, I really think that was not grouper. That is my favorite fish, but it just did not seem like grouper. My mom got the same, and my aunt got a burrito which she loved.

Live entertainment.

Day2-254_zps6d52cc6e.jpg

Day2-255_zpsb3f0d7e9.jpg

Day2-256_zpse5504dfb.jpg

Day2-257_zpsef4a22ae.jpg

Day2-258_zps19b17016.jpg

Unique venues like this get a lot more traffic than the neighboring ones. I will say that I would not had eaten there otherwise. I actually had an amazing grouper sandwich once driving to Key Largo in a tinny shack in the middle of nowhere. Much better than this place and for 1/2 the price. But I guess you pay for atmosphere here?

Day2-259_zps7081f8e0.jpg

Day2-260_zps34a30d6e.jpg

Day2-263_zpscddc79bf.jpg

Day2-264_zpsc33d766c.jpg

We finished our meal and headed back to Duval street walking towards the car.

Here is a short video of Duval street.

Overall it was a fun and relaxing lunch, we needed the break after all the running we had done. I was starting to get tired and worn out. We did a lot of walking that day.

Day2-267_zps0ff8eae2.jpg

Day2-268_zps80925323.jpg

Day2-270_zps96a69a57.jpg

I missed it, but those people had a couple of ugly dogs. I forgot the breed name, the ones had have almost no hair.

Day2-273_zpse3594c09.jpg

Mom purchased some jewelry, it was on sale. I think she paid like $4 for that bracelet, she also got a necklace.

Day2-275_zps5e117a29.jpg

After we got back to the car we headed back to port, I still wanted to go to the key west aquarium. The aquarium is located right there in port, that is why I left it as our last activity just in case we were running out of time. But we still had lots of time available.

Day2-277_zps441873ad.jpg

Here are more pictures of the statues.

Day2-280_zps726da1db.jpg

Day2-281_zps2f0eb70e.jpg

This is the shipwreck museum, it is right across from the Aquarium.

Day2-286_zps432c21f4.jpg

My mom and aunt took a picture with the tour trolley.

Day2-287_zpse1bbc947.jpg

Day2-288_zpse9130580.jpg

The aquarium is on the smaller side, actually one of the smallest I’ve seen. Still they have a decent selection of animals and it should keep the young ones entertained for an hour or two. They keep it nice and clean and they run tours every so often. I would suggest to join one of the tours as you can learn much more than just walking around like we did.

Day2-290_zps17ea2d08.jpg

Day2-291_zps199ee91d.jpg

That is pretty much the inside section, they also have 2 smaller outside sections.

Day2-292_zps7ae153b8.jpg

You could touch those.

Day2-293_zps2af8fb79.jpg

Day2-294_zps04041166.jpg

Day2-296_zps142a37ef.jpg

I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Stingrays, but you could not touch these ones. Can you guess what shore excursion I did in Grand Cayman? :D

Day2-299_zps3681f86c.jpg

Day2-300_zpse5970e1f.jpg

They had a feeding the turtles event later on that day.

Day2-301_zps8f84a51f.jpg

Day2-303_zps0f2a81a7.jpg

This was my favorite tank by far, you get so close to the nurse sharks and there are no railing or anything to stop you from falling. Now I know that nursing sharks are not supposed to be that aggressive, but to someone who has a fobia of sharks this is huge deal. I think I spent most of the time near that tank. My fobia is also combined with obsession for them, go figure that one out :D, lol

Some of them were very large.

Day2-304_zps02da22d4.jpg

Day2-305_zps0fec76b8.jpg

Day2-307_zpsbe392811.jpg

Day2-308_zps955dcb54.jpg

They are just gorgeous animals!

Day2-309_zpsa9456742.jpg

By the way that was a very confined space for all those sharks…

Day2-313_zpsfb5dd7b7.jpg

That turtle almost looked dead, it was actually very funny with her bottom up :D

Day2-316_zps1b54cd60.jpg

And here is the big boy, they had two of them.

Day2-318_zps11f462d0.jpg

You could see the ship

Day2-322_zps742946c3.jpg

Feeding the small fish, in the shark tank.

Day2-329_zps635e15c6.jpg