Carnival Insurance

Monker2001

I'm curious to know how many purchase the Carnival's vacation protection, why or why not and does it make that much of a difference?

I always purchase travel insurance, but never through the cruiseline.

We can get much better coverage for less money through a third party.

Check www.insuremytrip.com and compare.....

Our "winter vacation" was cancelled due to unexpected serious illness of my husband. Thankfully we had purchased the insurance and the total cost of the cruise along with the airfare we bought separately on our own was reimbursed. We have cruised for many years and when younger thought we could take our chances and did not purchase the insurance. We felt that we could cover the cost of the cruise if we were to cancel. What we didn't think about was if we had gotten ill while on a cruise. We have seen many people become ill and taken off the ship. I can't imagine the cost of being flown back to the U.S. My advice to young and old would be to purchase the insurance.(After having neurosurgery in March my husband is doing great and we are scheduled for our "winter vacation" in 2 weeks. So anxious!)

Carnivals Insurance is double the price what you can find on other sites. Insuremytrip is a good place to buy travel insurance. We just purchased Cancel for any reason, plus all the medical / emergency evacuation etc. for 60 dollars less than carnival was offering.

We never buy the insurance from the cruise line, and use two of the major cruise/trip insurance brokers/agents on the net for policies. As noted above, the average cost is the same price or less than the cruise lines for a better policy. I also use them for traveling to the Middle East or Asia, although I have never had to use any aspect of the policy while traveling, but it does provide peace of mind before and during the trip.

We also always buy insurance, although never through the cruise line, as we can get a better deal on our own. You never know when you might get sick, and with 2 kids we're not willing to take the chance and loose thousands....

We bought our insurance through Carnival. I had to cancel last Nov. because my husband passed away. I had no trouble with the insurance and spoke to my PVP and he was very helpful. So I have no trouble buying this insurance since I know it is reliable......