Brillance best balcony cabin

I'm on the verge of booking a Canada/New England cruise out of Boston on the Brilliance of the Seas and could use some help choosing a balcony cabin. My priorities are, in this order: view, stability, and price. I've tentatively picked the port side because I think it will face the land for most of this cruise. I would like to be low and mid-ships for stability (I get seasick), but the drawings on royalcaribbean.com make the ship look like it has bulges midship, fore, and aft with the rest of the cabins recessed. I'm thinking that the bulges must interfere with the views from the recessed cabins. The best spot for view and stability would be on the midship bulge, but all of those cabins are on the starboard side. So I'm left with trying to decide whether to go with a recessed cabin near midship or a rockier cabin forward or aft, unless someone knows of a cabin location that's stable and has an excellent view.

Will those of you who have been on the Brilliance or on another Radiance class Royal Caribbean ship please offer your opinions and suggestions?

Edited by islandwoman

I just researched that same info, I havent been on yet

I decided upon just before hump 9576

I think the majority I read is either side of hump before or after

I went with the before for a forward facing view and the slightly larger balcony

that is curved. (there are pictures on google images from past cruisers)

on deck 9 the only negative I found for those rooms was the conc lounge was directly above on deck 10 and some reported noise from above.

hope you enjoy your cruise:cool:

Just FYI, you won't be able to see land as you are cruising and when docked you never know which side of the ship will be facing land.

We had 9576 on the Brilliance two years ago for our Canadian provinces cruise and it was an excellent location. So handy to stairs/elevators and a wonderful balcony. AND we had a flat screen TV, which our friends 3 cabins down from us did not have. Of course, now they probably all have flat screens.

I really loved this balcony it is big, and if you go to the railing you can see all the way to the hump's and to the front. It is quite. It is easy access to everywhere. It has a real table. It is an E2. If you stay by the glass no one can see down. I will book these in a heart beat when back on Radiance class ship.

Thank you all for your help. Cabin 8598 on the mid-ship bulge suddenly came available. It's on the starboard side, but since I learned from emilygrace that we won't be able to see land when cruising anyway, that won't matter. So we booked it.

Just off the Brilliance TA crossing (a great cruise).

We had 8594 on the hump, and I would highly recommend that location, and Centrum noise was no problem.

However, we had a love seat, not a sofa, because of the cabin size. I think that the cabin was an E2, so it is possible that other cat. staterooms are larger.

:)

I went with the before for a forward facing view and the slightly larger balcony

on deck 9 the only negative I found for those rooms was the conc lounge was directly above on deck 10 and some reported noise from above.

Conc lounge is no longer on deck 10 , it is on deck 13.

#9576 is our favorite cabin on this class of ship(Radiance class). Good views from the extra large balcony, convenient location to most areas of the ship and in our experience (we have stayed in this cabin a few times), no noise from above, below Centrum or hallway. Just FYI !!! Enjoy your cruise!:D

#9576 is our favorite cabin on this class of ship(Radiance class). Good views from the extra large balcony, convenient location to most areas of the ship and in our experience (we have stayed in this cabin a few times), no noise from above, below Centrum or hallway. Just FYI !!! Enjoy your cruise!:D

9576 has the added advantage of being behind the wall in the Centrum so is shielded from some of the sounds of the music and activities that take place in the Centrum in the evening. We had 1560, a JS on Deck 10 and found it to be in a wonderful location. 9092 and 9076 on the port side also have larger balconies and are convenient to the elevators and the stair wells.:)