Sept. cruise - should we wait?

TeachKinde

DH and I were thinking of doing an 11 day Alaskan cruise starting Sept. 12. We really enjoyed Aqua Class and would like to do that again. Should we book now or wait until August and hope the ship isn't full? I'm wondering if waiting until the last minute would get us a better deal. We're NOT married to going on this cruise so if we can't book something we'd be OK. I'm looking to get a good deal on the rate as well as paid tips and on board credit. Any wisdom? Thanks!

We normally book early ( often whilst onboard) and have seen the price go up and down like a yoyo!

We could have found the cruise cheaper by waiting but only just and then only in a guarantee cabin. We would not have been given the OBC we got or the drinks package.

For us we book when we see a cruise at a price that we like, in the cabin we like.

There is the chance that if the prices drops you can get OBC to compensate ( if you are US based that is).

DH and I were thinking of doing an 11 day Alaskan cruise starting Sept. 12. We really enjoyed Aqua Class and would like to do that again. Should we book now or wait until August and hope the ship isn't full? I'm wondering if waiting until the last minute would get us a better deal. We're NOT married to going on this cruise so if we can't book something we'd be OK. I'm looking to get a good deal on the rate as well as paid tips and on board credit. Any wisdom? Thanks!

Not sure if the AQ will go down much on this sailing -- we've been watching it closely as we are currently booked in an obstructed balcony cabin. While the price has come down somewhat since we first booked, it doesn't include the perks that we received when originally booking it. We sailed on the 10 night on the infinity a couple of years back and so glad we locked in at a good fare. It just kept going up and up and up. It is really not a bad price right now. You might want to take advantage of the memorial day sales that are coming up this weekend. Some agencies have a big blow out sale and offer some extras. They just ended the pick your perk promo that had been going on for months -- so not sure how long before that one happens but currently they have a Take 2 Promo that might be of some interest to you.

I can tell you one thing, if that AQ goes way down before this sailing, we'd gladly give up the perks for that - if just for dining in Blu.

If you are wedded to Aquaclass- book now and DO NOT book under the gym. We had cabin # 1520 and it was awful with the noise from people jogging on the treadmills.

If you aren't wedded to Aquaclass- wait. I am sure there will be availability in September, since it is not high season.