Beach Break Party in Costa Maya

Cool Cruzer

Hi there ya'll! I have a question that I'd like peoples opinions on. I searched the boards, and I couldn't come up with a definate answer to my question.

The wife and I, we'd like to do the Beach Break Party..we're going to be signed up with Island Marketing to do this. I just have a couple of questions. Is the beach going to be like there's 50,000 :eek: people on that beach, and you hafta say "excuse me" as if you are walking in a Rock n Roll concert? Or, is it like theres maybe 50 people on the beach at one time? I'd just like to know. Just want to go and kick back and have a great time. Is it also that swimming pool area that is just off from the pier? Or is it kinda tucked away in the back, away from all the buzzards? Don't mean to offend any one, if I have, I sincerely apologize. I've been to enough places to where it just aint worth going. Just dont wanna be in the smack dab middle of 50,000 people on a beach that can only hold like 100 or so. Get my drift?? Is there ENOUGH lawn chairs/ hammocks and tree shades(?) to go around? Thanks for your input. Just would like people's opinion is all. Ya have yourself a great day now ya hear?

• 2 months later...

I went into the website for Costa Maya and I think that Island Marketing was the company booking the excursion. For 25.00 you can;t beat it for an open bar. They say that there is a reef off the beach about a 4 minute swim. Sounds like a great place, I think we are going to give it a try. Going on the 1/23 Zenith cruise, anyone else going?

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE the Beach Break. I booked through Carnival, and yes there is sea grass, but the beach is beautiful!! There are big starfish everywhere. They have the water trampolines, fake tattoos, shops, all kinds of things to do. The drinks are STRONG. They dont believe in watering them down, they believe in getting you drunk from the get go. We had a great time!!!

We did the Beach Break through Celebrity Galaxy last Thanksgiving. I think it might may been the same beach mentioned. Bus ride for ~30 min to a practically deserted beach. Strong drinks, clean beach, sea grass but plenty of areas without it. Lots of starfish. Jet skis and paddle boats.

It was very relaxing, the only people there were 2 bus loads from the cruise ship.

Just one more question..:D ....if one books the Beach Break Party through Island Marketing...is it a come and go as you please? It sounds like a fun time...but wouldn't want to spend the whole day there. Also, I won't have a buddy to go with.....would it be fun to go by one's self?

Thanks for any input.

I'm thinking you can come and go as you please? Because I booked the beach break and the snorkel trip, but my sister just booked the beach break. We're both going to the beach first, and then I was told I can just walk down the road a bit to pick up the snorkel boat, and then make sure I tell the driver that I need to be dropped off back at the beach, and not their dock.

Have you tried contacting Island Marketing directly? They have this very handy instant messaging thingy. :)

And I would think you'd be fine by yourself. I know I would - take a book and keep those drinks coming! :D

Hmmm, cruisin*Tigger.....you make it sound very inviting! Never thought of taking a book....that's a good idea.

Thanks for you answers. I'll try contacting the company. The problem is that Costa Maya is a sub for Cozumel and we're really not sure what day we'll be there.

Thanks again and enjoy your visit!

Is it imperrative to book inadvance? this is our first cruise and friends going said they didnt book til they got on cruise, others said they found things cheaper to do once they got in port... I dont know which to do.

thanks

Which "Beach Break Party" to go to in Costa Maya.....Tequilla or Pez?? Anyone recently back that has recommendations??? THANKS!:cool:

We just did the one in Pez through Island on Friday. It was fabulous! I understand that since then, the price has gone up to $30/pp... sorry! We were thirsty :D It was a great day! Even though it rained most of the day! We still had a blast! GREAT drinks! Beautiful beach... just a great way to spend the day! I would recommend waiting to order lunch and just order from the menu at the restaurant... it looked great! The lobster was just a little on the tough side... the menu, from what the crew told us, is the best in CM...

Also, I think it is pretty important to sign up in advance. They have a roster and everything ready for you. If it fills up, you are SOL. They weren't full when we were there, perfect number of people... but yes, sign up in advance. You won't get this deal any cheaper there... book direct with Island... good luck!! Have fun!!!

I think it's pretty important that you book in advance. I booked this trip a few days ago and had a long "live" chat with a representative yesterday and she told me that they only book 40 people. When I spoke to her they had 36 spots filled. She said that some passengers do choose to just hop in a cab and do it on their own, but the beach chairs are reserved for those who reserve in advance. I also don't know what the pricing is like if you don't reserve in advance. Maybe they don't have the all-inclusive deal and you have to pay-as-you-go???

Just thought I'd share what she told me.

Michelle (3 weeks today I'll be in Miami!!!)

Booking on ship would have cost me $236 for 4 people to do the boat/snorkel. With Island Marketing it was $100 for 4 people. It must have been a slow day, as other passengers walked right up to their booth at Costa Maya and got the same tour for $10pp without a reservation.

There is a lot of sea grass, some coral, plenty of fish and some silting in the water due to the waves breaking close by.

Dave

Ditto what GoinCruisin said. Beach Break is a great deal even at 30/person. DW and I had signed up for the shrimp plate and it was perfect. Not tough at all. The drinks kept following all afternoon. The only hassle you will have is from the people trying to sell you things as you walk to Pez from town center. The water is crystal clear and great for swimmimg and snorkeling.

Dave

We are a family of 4, with 2 boys- 10 and 5. We are considering Pez thru Island Marketing.....is there stuff for the kids to do besides swimming and the beach (ie, water trampolines, etc.)? I know what us adults will be up to....just making sure the kids will be happy, too.

Hello all,

I LOVE Costa Maya. Another option is to go and grab a table and chairs and relax. Beers are $1 each and food is cheap. Mixed drinks were a $1 too. I got a 60 minute massage for $25 right on the beach. Wait till after 3pm. Things start to slow down. We have been there several times and it is my favorite port. It's laid back and fun . I like to call it "Rustic". There is no running water and it is based on a cash only society. No ATM's or credit cards. That would be the only thing that might draw you to the Carnival beach break ...Uvaro beach or something like that.

Majuhaul is the BEST!! People try to sell you stuff, but just say "No Thanks" and they will leave you alone. Have a great time. We will be there in Jan. on the Miracle. Can't wait.

We are a family of 4, with 2 boys- 10 and 5. We are considering Pez thru Island Marketing.....is there stuff for the kids to do besides swimming and the beach (ie, water trampolines, etc.)? I know what us adults will be up to....just making sure the kids will be happy, too.

I don't remember seeing anything like that, then again, they were still recovering from the hurricane. But I also don't remember seeing anything on their website. The beach break is $20 for kids I believe!!

Another option is to go and grab a table and chairs and relax. Beers are $1 each and food is cheap. Mixed drinks were a $1 too. I got a 60 minute massage for $25 right on the beach.

Where exactly did you do this? Not at the Pez beach break, right? We're still trying to decide what we'd like to do during our day in Costa Maya! :rolleyes: Thanks!!! :)

Does anyone know if you can just show up at Pez or Tequila without a reservation? I will probably want to go sometime in the afternoon, not be there all day. I also can't decide between the two beaches. I know the prices are both good, but for being a non-drinker or a one only drinker, I don't want to be around drunk, obnoxious, partiers all day on the beach. Does the crowd at either beach seem to be very wild?

Archived