MSC DIVINA: Without Rose Tinted Glasses

cruisetrail

This is tricky "ship within a ship" concept.

One need to understand that this is actually an eclave within a ship, of course.

The most important thing is on what ship this enclave is.

Depending on this, you will share all the advantages and/or disadvanatages with the passengers outside the enclave.

The purpose of the YC is to provide a limited number of passengers with some upscale amenities that are not available for the rest of the passengers.

This is a positive thing. You can choose to pay more to get some extras. The more options - the better.

Also, YC is playing a marketing role.

The YC is presented as a top quality MSC product so that its "glory" is somehow "projected" on the rest of the ship.

The YC is about 4% of all passengers. Statistically speaking, it "does not exist". But it's importance is consatntly inflated - marketing people are doing a good job.

A negative thing about the concept is the way it's implemented.

The YC takes up the premium part of the ship leaving the great majority of the passengers without observation lounge and forward sun deck.

Another YC trick is ranking YC cabins as suites.

In fact most of YC cabins are essentially standard balcony cabins (standard width) with added length to accommodate an additional amenity - a walk-in closet.

Technically cabins like this are just below mini suites.

A few cabins in the same price category (YC1) are a bit shorter but wider (a typical x1.5) with wider balconies.

This pleasant cabins are excellent mini suites.

Strangely, a few cabins in the YC that could be ranked as full suites (two rooms) have no balconies!

I need to underline that YC mini suites (8 cabins) are lovely.

Spacious, beautifully appointed.

A few strange things about YC cabins will be covered in the full review.

Another strange thing about the YC is the location of Le Muse - a dedicated dining room.

To get from YC cabins to Le Muse, "citizens of the world" and "elitists by nature" have to crawl through crowds of "blue collars" almost the whole length of the ship.

This "restaurant crawl" reminds me of a classic movie "Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie" by Luis Buñuel.:)

Strange things continue.

Le Muse interiors depict Mediterranean motifs. However, the implementation leaves much to be desired - plastic decoration.

This exclusive dining venue has plastic flowers on the table.

Food - choices relatively limited, but the quality is very good.

Excellent service.

A dedicated YC forward sun deck offers plenty of loungers (not padded).

There are two bar counters (beverages and light meals) two jacuzzis and a tiny pool in this area.

The pool is the smallest on the ship. It'sabout 3.3 feet deep.

Sea views from YC sun deck are totally blocked by the full height fence.

The Top Sail Lounge - glass-through views forward, beverages and snacks & small desserts (morning to late night).

Proper afternoon tea daily.

As all MSC Divina passengers, YC guests have no proper promenade deck,

no observation deck,

no proper spa (no hydropool, no heated beds).

Way too many "kinks" for an "exclusive product".

A few pictures as a preview.

Le Muse

MSCDivinaYachtClub3_zpsabbde3ac.jpg

BUSTED, photos copied from internet, the YC restaurant photo is a copy of Linda Coffman's blog, the Cruise Diva!

BTW, The Cruise Diva, Miss Coffman's summation of the Divina Yacht Club in her review was, "MSC Divina’s Yacht Club—it’s so divine."

We present this case to the jury,,,,, judgement,,,,, we the jury find in this case,,,,,, TALL TALES BY THE TAIL!:eek: Fake Review!:eek:

The Jury is excused! Tail is to be returned to Carnival !:D

Edited by American Bear

First, Cruisincaren's myths were debunked and now Cruisetrail. Who's next?

CruisinCaren stuff - now That looked like a fun thread to read, but must have occurred before I was interested in MSC. I've tried searching for it, but come up empty. Can anyone post a link? Sounds like better reading than the lousy novel I'm halfway through,

BUSTED, photos copied from internet, the YC restaurant photo is a copy of Linda Coffman's blog, the Cruise Diva!

BTW, The Cruise Diva, Miss Coffman's summation of the Divina Yacht Club in her review was, "MSC Divina’s Yacht Club—it’s so divine."

We present this case to the jury,,,,, judgement,,,,, we the jury find in this case,,,,,, TALL TALES BY THE TAIL!:eek: Fake Review!:eek:

Great research American!!,,here's the link:http://cruisediva.blogspot.com/2014/03/msc-divinas-yacht-club.html

Nice work!!!

Ok lowlife, you may now go back to your hole that you call home.

You set out to write the most damaging review possible. Unfortunately for you and your agenda, we proved that it was untrue. By bringing your negativity of MSC to this forum, your agenda has backfired as the truth has prevailed and the excitement of MSC is getting stronger everyday!

If I hadn't booked such a great BOGO offer in the coming months on NCL, I would cancel it and book the Divina again. You have made me miss the Divina that much more. For that, I do thank you and I will sure to be returning to her in 2015.

Now go back in your hole and get a life!!!

Thanks for posting that. Can you tell us what time it was taken?

Also, I am sure you know (since I do just from reading these boards) that the buffet serves a lesser selection at dinner than it does at lunch - no doubt because more people opt for the MDR.

It was sometime in the middle of the dinner time.

The selection is limited, but the problem is quality.

On a classy ship the buffet dinner is like a "restaurant food" in informal setting and convenience of the buffet.

On the Divina the buffet dinner is a subpar experience.

The food is like a selection you'll see in a cheap country buffet.

No "late night snack" time - when you can be terated with some nice light food.

After 10 pm: same pizza and sandwiches.

CruisinCaren stuff - now That looked like a fun thread to read, but must have occurred before I was interested in MSC. I've tried searching for it, but come up empty. Can anyone post a link? Sounds like better reading than the lousy novel I'm halfway through,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2036704

I think CruisinCaren and Cruisetrails are one in the same.

I just read today being in the YC you can buy a day pass for friends or family, my guess this how CT got to view the YC.

At the moment, the jury is convening. New information has surfaced that questions if Mr. 'Tales has ever set foot on the MSC Divina.

Now in cruisetrails defense he never actually claimed those pictures were his. Of course he has never claimed any pictures are his in this or his previously closed "how I tried to sail msc"

He certainly can't claim the pic of le muse for sure.

Actually he has never actually said the video review was his either.

He leaves that to inference only.

It was sometime in the middle of the dinner time.

The selection is limited, but the problem is quality.

On a classy ship the buffet dinner is like a "restaurant food" in informal setting and convenience of the buffet.

On the Divina the buffet dinner is a subpar experience.

The food is like a selection you'll see in a cheap country buffet.

No "late night snack" time - when you can be terated with some nice light food.

After 10 pm: same pizza and sandwiches.

This is untrue.

And certainly not in the YC.

But we understand your confusion.

I'm following this saga like everyone else and I am not defending cruisetrail but in all fairness I have to say that the pictures are not the same. On the Cruise Diva's picture there are no glasses on the table and on cruisetrail's picture there are glasses on the table.

Edited by MM42

I'm following this saga like everyone else and I am not defending cruisetrail but in all fairness I have to say that the pictures are not the same. On the Cruise Diva's picture there are no glasses on the table and on cruisetrail's picture there are glasses on the table.

I have to agree, however, he has not claimed the pictures are his.

And if he does it will be in a flippant manner.

Or in his standard prose of I am dispensing wisdom from Mt. Olympus.

Neither style will ultimately answer the question beyond a reasonable doubt.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2036704

I think CruisinCaren and Cruisetrails are one in the same.

The writing style is quite different. Husband and wife, maybe? Co-workers? Does it really matter?

Giving him/her all this attention is just feeding a troll. Stop responding to his/her drivel and watch him/her dissappear.

Edited by jkgourmet

The writing style is quite different. Husband and wife, maybe? Co-workers? Does it really matter?

Giving him/her all this attention is just feeding a troll. Stop responding to his/her drivel and watch him/her dissappear.

They are not the same persons. However, CT never dissappears. He has haunted this board and besmirched MSC and the Divina before.

Think of it as a mosquito or gum on the bottom of your shoe.

And you cannot ignore deception that might harm someone. The plan was to economically injure MSC, the Divina and to scare potential Divina cruisers and to make those booked second guess their decision. A troll is annoying this is far more despictable.

And where can you find such wonderful stuff like this?

I have to agree, however, he has not claimed the pictures are his.

I know but if you look carefully at his pictures, you will see the word cruisetrail printed in/on them (sorry, English is only my third language). I'm no copyright expert but it must mean something.

Anyway, his posts do not affect me. I've been sailing with MSC since 2010, I'm almost a Black Card Member and I have never cruised with another cruise line since then.... and I don't intend to. FYI, I've cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, NCL and Carnival.

You should all have been here 4 years ago when we all got 'flamed' because a few of us wrote good things about MSC. ;)

I know but if you look carefully at his pictures, you will see the word cruisetrail printed in/on them (sorry, English is only my third language). I'm no copyright expert but it must mean something.

Anyway, his posts do not affect me. I've been sailing with MSC since 2010, I'm almost a Black Card Member and I have never cruised with another cruise line since then.... and I don't intend to. FYI, I've cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, NCL and Carnival.

You should all have been here 4 years ago when we all got 'flamed' because a few of us wrote good things about MSC. ;)

Couldn't agree with you more MM42. It only took one short 3 day cruise on Divina for us to decide that MSC was the right fit for us. We couldn't be more happy with MSC's product and have no need to sail with any other cruise line.

Well that means he watermarked them and infers ownership, but doubt remains as to the actual pbotographer.

Who knows - he may be a reincarnation of Deckhand Doug (or whatever his name was) or Zambini

Edited by buggins0402

And there are many photo shop programs that can do anything you state! And if you knew this Character history here, you'd know it isn't beneath them!

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck!

You should also understand this character was run off the Celebrity Forums because of similar ignorant unfounded comments/reviews by reviewers on Celebrity forums with 5,000, 10,000, and more reviews!

You could say he/she/it left with his/hers/its Tail between its legs!

Back to Carnival, Tail!

Edited by American Bear

Some more previews...

We'll be talking about choosing the cabins and balconies that are right for you on the Divina.

CabinHandi_zpsbc836f9c.jpg

Balcaft_zps8921b852.jpg

Balcfor_zps831ab765.jpg

On MSC Divina...

Galaxy_zpse4cae3ef.jpg

Coffeecup_zps4880fad4.jpg

Dusk_zps4baa3323.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

Where is the photo of your YC cabin?

One balcony at the stern, one view from a cabin of the bow.

So another lecture is forthcoming...

You really have no idea how to present a review do you? Not even your pictures are interesting.

So let me save you the time.

The balcony is show to show the julliett balcony to show the worst balcony choice on the ship. This will be a general assault on all balconies.

The anchor photo is to show the lack of view from a front cabin. This will be an assault on no proper promenade deck.

Something negative about the coffee. To strong, to weak, both...not what you find on a quality cruise.

The smoke stack isn't the correct shape for a quality well designed ship.

The club is where you were kicked out for moshing.

I have no idea about the picture of the desk in a cabin.