My first review attempt!!! – Carnival Splendor May 12-20th w/pics!!

cruisinbabs

I am really enjoying your review. One of the funnest reviews I have ever read. Looking forward to your next installment, which will maybe include more about HMC? I am planning a cruise for me and my wife next July with a call in HMC.

Barbara,

Excellent review. We leave on the Splendor in 2 weeks and 6 days, its been a long wait. There's me, wife and our 9 year old daughter and we are traveling with 10 others. Love the pictures of Half Moon Cay! We haven't been there yet and are looking forward to it the most. We have a villa rented for the day. We also booked the same ports next April, but we leave on the Pride out of Baltimore.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review!

DSCN2787_zpsf21063f4.jpg

---Hard to see but it works..

We walked down a ways then decided to turn around so we can head up for lunch with the crew.... I just tried to walk as slow as I could and savor EVERY SINGLE SECOND HERE!!!

DSCN2795_zpsfa9a9371.jpg

DSCN2796_zpsaf1986c4.jpg

We get back to the cabana to get mom who was still in her spot....

MOMINHAMMOCK_zps31dd2676.jpg

---Time to get up for lunch!!!

BIRDINFOOD_zps1cd91488.jpg

---We go to grab shoes or whatever to head up for lunch and this lil critter here...boyyyyyyyy.... brave lil sucker!!! He was pokin his beak through the saran wrap to get to the fruit.. lil turd!!

Now, pay attention class to this next little piece of advice...

If you head up with a group of people to the BBQ area.. and you want to sit with them after you grab your plate(s) of food... stick together... Don't tell your party "go ahead, I'll find you"... DOESN'T WORK!... Also wear your shoes, water shoes or flip flops... This kid didnt. The pathways are paved with pavers and your lil footsie tootsie will not like it one bit!

I swear I turned around to get a drink, when I turned back around, everyone was GONE... so here I am juggling my plate of food, lemonade in a floppy dixie cup while walking on hot pavers trying to find my group in a maze of bushes and the sitting areas they have. I kept getting turned around and well.. ya.. I was getting irritated. So I just found a table that was empty next to a large group that was sitting there at one table and I ended up eating lunch all by myself... can we say LOSER??!! To make matters worse, no one in that group said anything to me, not a hi or how is your day going... nothing... awesome.

I finish my lunch and now I am ready to go play in the water and drink some more.. as I am walking back I pass everyone and they are like "heyyyy there you are.. where did you go?... did you eat??... ".... yup I sure did... all by myself... lol.... I know it was not intentional but its just what happened.. but we had full bellys to absorb some more booze and we all headed back to the cabana to get our swim on.

Sorry I do not have any pictures from lunch area folks.. again... can we say LOSER?? :(

The rest of our day was spent playing in the water, having a good time and drinking. Mom started not feeling well so she headed back to the ship to take a nap. She didnt even get in the water! I take after her in someways in that aspect. Going into the ocean water here at home.. NO WAY JOSE.. its cold and yucky. Could not pay me enough to go in the ocean here. However, take me to paradise and I am all over it!!

For people that have never been to HMC....get there.. someway, somehow... just get there!!!!

I did not even have to wear my water sandles into the water.. screw that in HMC...don't need to wear them!!!

The sand is like baby powder on your tootsies... feels so good! When I could go out to water shoulder high and I could still see my feet.. WINNING!!!

me_and_hmc_zpsc73156fc.png

---Look ma, the water is fine!!!

me_and_patrick_hmc_2_zpsd29ba7a1.png

---Me and the hubs

splendido_group_shot_hmc_zps665f24c1.png

---Group shot!!!

group_shot_hmc_2_zps945edaae.png

---Still couldnt get over how beautiful weather we had.. just perfect!

Hey girl. I love your pics of Half Moon Cay....now I wanna go back there SOON!!!!! I am not a big beach person but there is just something about Half Moon Cay that sucks you right in.....it is absolutely beautiful

Thanks girl! I absolutley LOVED HMC.. seriously a slice of heaven on earth.... well what I have experienced so far.. I am sure there are other places but for a port of call on a cruise.. I'LL TAKE IT!

I am really enjoying your review. One of the funnest reviews I have ever read. Looking forward to your next installment, which will maybe include more about HMC? I am planning a cruise for me and my wife next July with a call in HMC.

Thank you so much.... glad you are enjoying it. I am having fun writing it when I can sneak some time in to do so.. mostly at work.. lol...

I just did a small post but have a few more of HMC to post.. I feel I didnt get enough pictures..guess I will just have to go back soon! hehehe

TOTALLY BOOK NEXT JULY TO GO! For my girls cruise that I want to go on I was only looking at ships going there.. lol.. I am HOOKED.

Barbara,

Excellent review. We leave on the Splendor in 2 weeks and 6 days, its been a long wait. There's me, wife and our 9 year old daughter and we are traveling with 10 others. Love the pictures of Half Moon Cay! We haven't been there yet and are looking forward to it the most. We have a villa rented for the day. We also booked the same ports next April, but we leave on the Pride out of Baltimore.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review!

good morning chief!! Thank you for following along on my first review attempt.. :D oh my goodness you are brave traveling with that many people! lol...

seriously HMC IS EVEN MORE AMAZING IN PERSON.... This was my favorite port of call that I have been to hands down beats everything... it was worth every penny spent on the cruise itself, airfare, expensive hotel in NYC... totally worth it... can you TELL I get excited just talking about it?? :p

I think I saw that cruise on the Pride when I was looking the other day.... It caught my attention for sure! My friends that met us in NYC don't live too far!

The villa will be worth it for sure.. its nice to have a place to retract for a break from the sun.. it can be brutal even with sunscreen applied 80 times throughout the day..

The rest of our day was spent playing in the water, having a good time and drinking. Mom started not feeling well so she headed back to the ship to take a nap. She didnt even get in the water! I take after her in someways in that aspect. Going into the ocean water here at home.. NO WAY JOSE.. its cold and yucky. Could not pay me enough to go in the ocean here. However, take me to paradise and I am all over it!!

For people that have never been to HMC....get there.. someway, somehow... just get there!!!!

I did not even have to wear my water sandles into the water.. screw that in HMC...don't need to wear them!!!

The sand is like baby powder on your tootsies... feels so good! When I could go out to water shoulder high and I could still see my feet.. WINNING!!!

me_and_hmc_zpsc73156fc.png

---Look ma, the water is fine!!!

me_and_patrick_hmc_2_zpsd29ba7a1.png

---Me and the hubs

splendido_group_shot_hmc_zps665f24c1.png

---Group shot!!!

group_shot_hmc_2_zps945edaae.png

---Still couldnt get over how beautiful weather we had.. just perfect!

I just love HMC . . . first tender over and LAST tender back . . . I literally stayed in the water 95% of the time . . . only left to go to BBQ for lunch!!!

That's it we are booking a cruise for next April/May that goes back to Half Moon Cay. Your pictures are killing me :D ;) :p

lets go! i am down for next may... lol..

my pictures were killing me as I was posting them!!!

Barb,

Your review is fantastic! I was going to do one myself again, but I really dont need to - you are doing great here!

I too am having some withdrawals and your review sure does help.

Looks like me and Shawn are gonna be back on a ship in August (most likely either the Sunshine from Orlando or Pride from Baltimore) and then me and my Mommy are gonna take one in the beginning of December on the Ecstasy going to Key West & Cozumel.

I really hope we get to sail again together! I thought you were fantastic, not to mention we are birthday buddies!!