Extras received from your TA

TROLLEYDOLLY, re the UK.

Man you guys get the short end of the stick a lot of the time when it comes to cruise bookings!!

I know of several Canadians who use the same TA as I use. This may sound dumb (and maybe the exchange rate is unfavorable), but can't you book w/ a US based TA?

We use one of the on line specialty cruise travel agencies and they have an internal menu of perks that they give out based on the price of the cabin. In addition they have a loyalty club that awards future OBC coupons depending on your level in the club. Base level is $25, then $50, etc. The perks include OBC, dinner vouchers, spa coupons, ppd gratuities(as an OBC). The big agencies book groups and commit to a block of cabins in a category. This provides them with a certain number of free cabins that they sell to generate the money for the freebies. They give it away, or not, as they see fit. Or it can come from the commissions too.

Same with mine. In addition to the OBC's and specialty restaurants, we earned an extra $25 based on their loyalty program. I believe after 5 booked cruises it rises to $50.

We have used the big online TA's on occasion. This past May we did a 11 night sailing on the Serenade. Our online TA gave us prepaid tips ($264) dinner for 2 in a specialty rest ($60), $175 OBC and a $100 spa treatment. The cost of the sailing after our D+ discount was around $2600 so this discount amounted to a pretty significant perk amount!

TROLLEYDOLLY, re the UK.

Man you guys get the short end of the stick a lot of the time when it comes to cruise bookings!!

I know of several Canadians who use the same TA as I use. This may sound dumb (and maybe the exchange rate is unfavorable), but can't you book w/ a US based TA?

Hiya.

Yes we don't seem to get all the extras. We booked on board last time and then I phoned a couple of travel agents here in the uk to move my booking to in order to maybe get some extra perks but there was nothing they could offer.

I will try looking into booking through a us travel agent in future but was under the impression you needed a US. address.

How can one find the travel agents which have a good selection of group rates?
Good question.

I usually wait for the BIG sale the TA has. 4 times per year where they up their perks.

Note about this TA they do charge a fee if you change your ship or sail date however this has not been a problem for me.

I have used this cru (get it) and their pricing has too many gimmicks for me.

I did not like the 2 agents I got but do recognize that if you take advantage of all their gimmicks you may do well.

However their prices may be out of line with other on-line TA's.

I have seen prices from them which were hundreds over their competition.

They may be legit but they aren't fully transparent.

My TA has never given me a massage, she rarely goes with us

:D:D:D I will massage anyone who gives me a cruise.