Room Service Junkies Unite

I'm a tea drinker. What can anyone tell me about room service tea delivery? Do you get a carafe of hot water or little one cup pots? Looking forward to balcony time with DH in July!

I love room service in the morning. I am not a member of the human race until I have my caffeine! I don't drink coffee, but I drink lots of tea.

Room service sends up a carafe of hot water, and you have to let them know which type of teabag you want, and if you want lemon, cream, etc.

The major problem is that water always has a slight taste of coffee, which is a problem if you are like me and hate the taste of coffee. What I started doing is buying one of the stainless steel travel thermos from the fun shops (or bring your own) and fill it with boiling water from the lido buffet the night before and it will still be super hot in the morning for your tea.

It would be great if they had one colored carafe for coffee, and another for hot water only:rolleyes:, but I'm thrilled to just be able to get my caffeine fix in without having to sleepwalk up to the buffet.

When it is just my wife and I, we never order room service but when we cruise with our two children we always have one night designated for room service. We pick the kids up from camp carnival, get everyone settled in their nightclothes and order our usual (it has not changed over the past several cruises). We watch one of those weird animated shows like Regular Show or Adventure Time on Cartoon Network and grub...lol!

This is what we order every time:

-Shrimp Salad on French Roll (hecka bomb!!!)

-Chocolate cake & milk (must have dessert)

-Roasted NY Strip Loin and Cheddar Cheese on French bread (make sure you get some extra mayo)

-PB&J (kids love them)

-Salmon and Cream Cheese on Toasted Bagel

Edited by zumbaguy

We have never ordered room service, actually never really think about it. I will make it a point to try and order this time. Having coffee delivered to the cabin sounds awesome. I do have a couple of questions though...how long does it take for them to deliver once you place a order? And I'm confused about the menus...one for breakfast only right, but then there is another that you can order from anytime, is that correct? So if I wanted a BLT (which is on the regular menu) for breakfast I could order from that menu in the morning to be delivered with my coffee? :confused:

We order Lucky Charms for the kids, they eat them dry like candy. We don't have them here so it is one of our "America" things.

I also like the chicken fajita.

For the person asking about the tea, hot water comes in a carafe (same as the coffee) and a tea bag. There is usually enough water for two cups (even when you order 1) but only 1 tea bag (but I bring my own favourite tea from home)

We have never ordered room service, actually never really think about it. I will make it a point to try and order this time. Having coffee delivered to the cabin sounds awesome. I do have a couple of questions though...how long does it take for them to deliver once you place a order? And I'm confused about the menus...one for breakfast only right, but then there is another that you can order from anytime, is that correct? So if I wanted a BLT (which is on the regular menu) for breakfast I could order from that menu in the morning to be delivered with my coffee? :confused:

Takes about 15-20 minutes depending on the order. If you want something from the daily menu, just write it on the morning hanger (peanut butter isn't on the morning menu but I write it on there anyway under condiments).

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Takes about 15-20 minutes depending on the order. If you want something from the daily menu, just write it on the morning hanger (peanut butter isn't on the morning menu but I write it on there anyway under condiments).

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

OK Thank you!

One of my favorite treats on my 1st cruise with Carnival was ordering up room service coffee (quite good!) and muffins at 5:30 am to have on my balcony as the sun came up each day. My kids had a good laugh as I did my best to try everything on a seven day cruise! Room Service is a MUST HAVE!

So do they deliver a menu each day that you can check and hang out (does it have breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks all on one page)? Or is there a menu that I can order from at any time by calling their ph #? It seems to me that I usually just see a simple breakfast menu that we fill out and hang on the doorknob when we go to bed...how would I know about the BLT and choc cake options, for instance, in order to get them as a late-night snack?

So do they deliver a menu each day that you can check and hang out (does it have breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks all on one page)? Or is there a menu that I can order from at any time by calling their ph #? It seems to me that I usually just see a simple breakfast menu that we fill out and hang on the doorknob when we go to bed...how would I know about the BLT and choc cake options, for instance, in order to get them as a late-night snack?

There is a menu you can call in during the day/late evening and a door hanger that you can put out at night to be picked up by midnight and delivered at the time you specify the next morning for breakfast.

I confess..."I am a Carnival Room Service Junkie!"...and darn proud of it too!:D

I always order from room service everyday on my cruises. I love the many choices on the menu and never tire of them. Toasted cheese sandwiches, BLTs, Chocolate Cake, etc., etc., etc., I love it all!:D I put my hanging order out every night for the next morning and I have fond memories of ordering just about everything on the menu with my SIL after a late night out and few too many glasses of wine and martinis. LOL! I also have fond memories of having breakfast with the DH, DS, and SIL out on the balcony in the early morning.:D I love me some room service!;)

Please don't flame me if this was already mentioned and I missed it, but how soon after you board the ship could you order room service? I don't want to stress the staff but I REALLY want their cheesecake! I haven't had it in over a year :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by OnePsychLynne

The first time we ordered breakfast, I ordered bagels, cream cheese and jelly among other things. When it asked for 'number of items,' I thought the jelly would be in those tiny packs they have at diners, so I ordered (4.) As you can see, I was mistaken. We had a good laugh when this arrived. The next time, we only ordered 1 !

They do say, assume nothing. If you want butter, salt, pepper, sugar etc. you must order every single item, nothing comes automatically with anything so be specific about what you want.

January2012_0138.jpg

We order room service every morning and joke that it is our wake up call. On our last cruise, we enjoyed relaxing in the room every afternoon with our chocolate chip cookies. Yum! I wish I had one right now!!

I can't wait until November to try the chocolate cake. It looks delicious!!